Home The Bridge

RIP Morgan Woodward

Morgan Woodward, who played Dr Simon Van Gelder & Captain Ron Tracy in the TOS episodes Dagger in the Mind and The Omega Glory respectively, has died.

http://www.startrek.com/news/remembering-trek-guest-star-morgan-woodward

DB, any chance we can have one, if not both of these characters in the game soon in tribute to him?

2jkuqzq933ju.jpeg
j3gtnvdt7lm2.jpeg

Comments

• Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If they don't already have the rights it has become much harder to obtain them now. RIP, I like the episodes he was in.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Always found him interesting because both of his characters were essentially ironic. As Dr Simon Van Gelder he is initially portrayed as the villain until we later realize him to be the hero, and as Captain Ron Tracy he is initially considered to be an ally until he is revealed to be the villain.

Spoilers!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
    Thorozar wrote: »
    If they don't already have the rights it has become much harder to obtain them now. RIP, I like the episodes he was in.

This. Post-mortem rights are always a problem to get.
    Always liked Van Gelder, and Dagger of the Mind in general. One thing that strikes me about these 2 episodes (and that the pics capture quite well) - other than the clothing change, there's nothing special done to disguise the actor, and yet it's so easy to forget that Van Gelder and Capt Tracy are played by the same person. His acting created 2 distinct characters - well done and RIP.

Very well said. Biggest difference outside of costuming is Van Gelder had a bad hair day........
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Always found him interesting because both of his characters were essentially ironic.

Like clothes on your wedding day?

Or a free ride when you've already progressed beyond the acquisition of wealth and instead work together for the betterment of humanity?

I'll show myself out...

(Yes I know about the actual definition.)

(Or a No Smoking sign in your turbolift alcove?)