Home The Bridge
Options

Is agent janeway not a timelines original?

Was going through the timelines originals collection and realised agent janeway is not in there. I thought she was non cannon? Am I wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's "semi cannon". Based on Janeway from the episode "The Killing Game", but with traits that suited the event she appeared in, such as section 31.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    She's "semi cannon". Based on Janeway from the episode "The Killing Game", but with traits that suited the event she appeared in, such as section 31.

And then someone complained she shouldn't have the Section 31 Trait, and got it removed.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

And then someone complained she shouldn't have the Section 31 Trait, and got it removed.

And then someone complained and JazzRiker said they would be removed. Nothing has been done.

Riker has a great sense of humor and is clearly a star trek fan, but also gets way too involved in canon games that fans here start. The immediate response to posts with crazy canon justifications or acceptance of things ignoring game balance or design is a problem. Also just because it's said here doesn't mean it will happen. Until you see it in a release note, no traits have been changed.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

And then someone complained and JazzRiker said they would be removed. Nothing has been done.

Riker has a great sense of humor and is clearly a star trek fan, but also gets way too involved in canon games that fans here start. The immediate response to posts with crazy canon justifications or acceptance of things ignoring game balance or design is a problem. Also just because it's said here doesn't mean it will happen. Until you see it in a release note, no traits have been changed.

Except for the fact that she doesn't have the trait anymore. So to compound the issue, they went and made a stealth edit that devalued an already underpowered card.

rtqn8360vk3b.png

Trait was removed. That crazy Scott guy got it right.

And she was SPECIFICALLY introduced as a Section 31 operative........
  • Options
    They should just make it right and tell us who she really is
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Jimmyt85Jimmyt85 ✭✭
    edited February 2019

We will find out in next weeks discovery episode that it was a changeling adding to the continued continuity issues, which will be explained next season
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmyt85 wrote: »

We will find out in next weeks discovery episode that it was a changeling adding to the continued continuity issues, which will be explained next season

A changeling in Discovery would be awesome!!! They live a super long time so you could even have one from DS9 like Laas!
    gyqf8x0aowo3.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Was going through the timelines originals collection and realised agent janeway is not in there. I thought she was non cannon? Am I wrong?

That version of janeway artwork and appearance was from the killing game but that was katrine. The resistence leader of the WWII holo program. Section 31 did not exist then, and agent janeway is an agent of nothing if she has no sec 31 to give her status.
    U r correct it is a non-cannon card and should be in the timelines originals. Just bcuz her artwork is relative to the killing game should not mean her agent of sec 31 status should have been removed. She was created for the original event Alpha Omega that is getting re-ran. And without her best trait.
    Those who wanted her specifically for the sec 31 trait definately got a de-valued crew now. At the time of her original making there were few sec 31. And i believe she was the only 5* to hold that trait at that time.
    Why cant we say she is a timelines original non-cannon and give her back the sec 31. Since all of that is true?

It's what too much tinkering can lead to... a right royal mess...
    I think the line of thought is that they needed a way to make a semi-canon card to an unquestionably cannon card by making it Janeway from the killing game when she is fully aware of herself again and not when she believes herself to be Katrine. However If this is the case then this means the very name "Agent Janeway" makes even less sense than a "Chewbacca defence case."

She cannot even be considered an agent now because:
    a) the association of section 31 has been removed, and
    b) she is considered a Janeway not Katrine so therefore cannot be considered an "agent of the resistance."
    c) in the killing game Janeway was not an agent of any kind.

Ladies and Gettlemen of the jury her name now makes no sense! it does not make sense!

Having said that and despite the dropping of section 31 she could still be considered an original however, because although she is dressed the same from that episode she never struck that pose
    ..... insert dancing Uhura argument here....

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ironagedave...
    Exactly. A circular mess of an argument toward the validity. I have all of those arguments in my mind as well but didnt want an extensively long post.
    Quite simply some ppl put money into buying that card for the sec 31 trait. So i vote the trait should be returned, or the $$ should be credited.
  • Options

That version of janeway artwork and appearance was from the killing game but that was katrine. The resistence leader of the WWII holo program. Section 31 did not exist then, and agent janeway is an agent of nothing if she has no sec 31 to give her status.
    U r correct it is a non-cannon card and should be in the timelines originals. Just bcuz her artwork is relative to the killing game should not mean her agent of sec 31 status should have been removed. She was created for the original event Alpha Omega that is getting re-ran. And without her best trait.
    Those who wanted her specifically for the sec 31 trait definately got a de-valued crew now. At the time of her original making there were few sec 31. And i believe she was the only 5* to hold that trait at that time.
    Why cant we say she is a timelines original non-cannon and give her back the sec 31. Since all of that is true?

It's what too much tinkering can lead to... a right royal mess...
    I think the line of thought is that they needed a way to make a semi-canon card to an unquestionably cannon card by making it Janeway from the killing game when she is fully aware of herself again and not when she believes herself to be Katrine. However If this is the case then this means the very name "Agent Janeway" makes even less sense than a "Chewbacca defence case."

She cannot even be considered an agent now because:
    a) the association of section 31 has been removed, and
    b) she is considered a Janeway not Katrine so therefore cannot be considered an "agent of the resistance."
    c) in the killing game Janeway was not an agent of any kind.

Ladies and Gettlemen of the jury her name now makes no sense! it does not make sense!

Having said that and despite the dropping of section 31 she could still be considered an original however, because although she is dressed the same from that episode she never struck that pose
    ..... insert dancing Uhura argument here....

Now do the "MCU Meets Star Wars" fillibuster from "P&R"

https://youtu.be/5BBhNkywMJY
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    And without her best trait.

Her 2nd best trait is Human, Federation, Starfleet, Costumed, Undercover Operative or Crafty. Anyone of which will get more use than S31. She also has Spy but I don't see that very often.

Her best trait is Janeway.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just waiting on Section 31 Chekov

ezghrn258e5x.jpg

I've been referring to him as Evil Checkov, but this would work, too. I'd actually spring for packs for him.