Home Make It So!
Options

Delta Flyer - What do you think of it

Designed by yours truly and the wonderful Lt. Tom Paris, the delta flyer was a 24th century piece of engineering brilliance. Combining the legendary piloting skills and the knowledge of one brilliant half-klingon, half-human chief engineer with the advanced tactical and navigational capabilities of Borg and Vulcan origin, the delta flyer could be used in almost every situation that the quadrant it is named after, even acquitting itself extremely well against the Borg, species 8472 and the Malon. It even enabled the rescue of 7 of 9 after her recapture by the Borg Queen from the heart of Borg space.

tuk7ad7unl8v.jpg

I think that it's a great vessel, one that perhaps could come to STT.
Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!

Delta Flyer - What do you think of it 20 votes

Yes, I think it is good to come to STT
80%
[10F]MadMaxNS111111AggeDBCooperSvenLundgrenTcalOdo MarmarosaavengerrobownageDavideBooks[KSS] Legate RolyatGogus[ISA] Big McLargeHugeProont(UFP) Garak ZiyalDoyle-T-Archer 16 votes
it's a good ship, but is it really a ship?
20%
Gib - Admiral MarinersDirk GundersonPGHNate Coelji84 (Retired) 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    If the Val Jean belongs, this certainly does.
  • Options
    Same for Jem'Hadar fighter.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    But please, not as a 5*. The Captain Proton Blimp/Rocket was ridiculous enough.
  • Options
    But please, not as a 5*. The Captain Proton Blimp/Rocket was ridiculous enough.

Perhaps given the advanced technology used in it could make it a 3 or maybe a 4* I might follow up with that soon.

But, discuss.
  • Options
    I would say no more advanced than the Borg Sphere, for sure.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a good ship, but is it really a ship?
    It’s small. Maybe not smaller than the Jem’Hadar fighter, but real small. It could be that the Flyer would work as a 1* or 2* but certainly not higher than that. Maybe it could be the 2* ship in a Skirmish event if we get a 5* Endgame Voyager?
  • Options
    (UFP) Garak Ziyal(UFP) Garak Ziyal ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It could be that the Flyer would work as a 1* or 2* but certainly not higher than that. Maybe it could be the 2* ship in a Skirmish event if we get a 5* Endgame Voyager?
    It definitely could be useful in being a 2* in a skirmish event. I'd reckon the manoeuvring capabilities would be somewhere near the top of it, possibly even better than the Klingon 2*. It certainly fits in close to it in terms of profile.

As I recall though, the Jem'hadar fighter only has one compartment. This has two and a small hallway. The rear room, which primarily is used as a utility room, seems large by comparison to the flight deck. The DF also has a flight control position right in the nose of the craft, lowered to give the support personnel a high quality view of the space around them whilst also effectively giving the pilot a near 360 degree experience.