Home The Bridge
Options

Should Mirror Data have the Borg trait?

Just randomly thought of it. Considering he adapts Borg parts to himself in the comic and it’s even reflected on the card, I figured it makes sense.

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I think there are two criteria's for whether they qualify as a member of a race.
    1) are they that race
    2) are they trying to be that race,

Edit: thought of one more honorary.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice as Borg is in many voyages and he doesnt have it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that were the case, you could argue any iteration of the Doctor EMH using the mobile emitter would have the Borg classification. Not saying it's not valid, as it could be considered being multi-species, like Troi or Spock.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    If that were the case, you could argue any iteration of the Doctor EMH using the mobile emitter would have the Borg classification. Not saying it's not valid, as it could be considered being multi-species, like Troi or Spock.

I thought the mobile emitter came from the future or something. It was Borg?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but wasn't the mobile emitter future Federation tech? The only Borg connection was One's creation.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but wasn't the mobile emitter future Federation tech? The only Borg connection was One's creation.

I looked it up. 29th century tech taken from Starling. He either had stolen it, or reverse engineered it from the stranded Timeship...

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Mobile_emitter
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The confusion probably lays where the mobile emitter was infused into One's neo cortex from birth in a voyager episode. So for one moment in time it was a part of Borg technology.

As to Data I think it's a bit too loose to give him the borg trait, I feel Tempted Data would be a better argument, if I recall rightly organic tissue was used to help give data feeling and lure him into the borg collective.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the comic writers were, in a way, trying to evoke the "questionable morality" shown by Lore when he used Hugh's Borg cluster to advance his own agenda. Mirror Universe, evil Data would obviously be more like his evil brother.

Following that thought... The One, Lore, has the Borg trait. So, it's up to DB.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they finished designing his "art" than changing stats as at the moment he is unfinished/horrendous looking.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I'd rather they finished designing his "art" than changing stats as at the moment he is unfinished/horrendous looking.

A thousand times this. No, a million times— a googolplex times this.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"