Home The Bridge
Options

Petition for DB to release ship abilities with new crew stats...

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me or does it seem absurd that they don't give us info that could potentially be a HUGE selling point for those of us that thrive on skirmish events? If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now, I would have totally dropped $100 on the Killy event deal during her event. So my question is, would you like to know ship ability along with crew stats when that info is released?

Petition for DB to release ship abilities with new crew stats... 72 votes

Yes, I want to know.
95%
[7TW] UnkieBAviTrekCaptainUnderpantsWaldoMagpbertRocpileV.[TUFG] SiguardNad Hal[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorZann Calcore (ISA)barrydancer[SSR] GTMET·§ë· For the ManyHungry Dog DDMLeshyKant12345678 of 123456789(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] 69 votes
No, I like surprises.
1%
Sabine of Athens 1 vote
Other (I'll explain my position below)
2%
Jim SteeleMirror Cartman 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to know.
    Voted. But it is pointless. They will just say what they said in the face of overwhelming player opinion on the Janeway thing.......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Yes, I want to know.
    Voted. But it is pointless. They will just say what they said in the face of overwhelming player opinion on the Janeway thing.......

You might be right. However, I posted another poll quite a while back, asking if players would like to see more rerun events. The overwhelming majority (something like 98-99%) of responses were yes. After that mega is when DB started their regular schedule of reruns after every Mega. So all hope is not lost.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I want to know.
    EDITED: Never mind. My brain hit a slick spot. Carry on.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ambivalent. Ship abilities are not the most important thing for me. If I want the card it is because I want the crew, or want their main skills. The only time I have taken ship abilities into account was when I levelled 4* Spock when he dropped from a voyage.

I do understand why others want this, but it is just unimportant to me.

When Killy was for sale, I paid for her 2 copies, plus another 4 from the packs from the offer. So I have her at 5/5FE and 1/5FE. I bought her because I enjoyed the portrayal so much on Disco, I did not even take into account her ship abilities, and did not realise how good she was until I used her.

If I did not have Killy, I have enough other crew to make skirmishes easy, e.g. 5/5 T'Kuvma
  • Options
    Yes, I want to know.
    I am ambivalent. Ship abilities are not the most important thing for me. If I want the card it is because I want the crew, or want their main skills. The only time I have taken ship abilities into account was when I levelled 4* Spock when he dropped from a voyage.

I do understand why others want this, but it is just unimportant to me.

When Killy was for sale, I paid for her 2 copies, plus another 4 from the packs from the offer. So I have her at 5/5FE and 1/5FE. I bought her because I enjoyed the portrayal so much on Disco, I did not even take into account her ship abilities, and did not realise how good she was until I used her.

If I did not have Killy, I have enough other crew to make skirmishes easy, e.g. 5/5 T'Kuvma

That's fair enough. But as someone who pushes as hard as I can in skirmishes (and is my new favored event type,) I did some math that I'll share with you... by shaving 2 seconds off of each of the ship battles I run in skirmish events, I save myself 2.5 hours per day. So ship abilities, to me, are now the most important consideration when deciding what and when to spend. DB is missing an opportunity to get more of my money.
  • Options
    Yes, I want to know.
    I voted yes but i think they do that on purpose as a sales strategy. If they put out stats for every ship and crew they may make less money bcuz ppl wouldnt buy lower stats crew or ships. U dont know untill the purchasing has already been done.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to know.
    Yes, and this is different for Janeway. Providing ship stats early means players know if they want to compete. A crew with good ship stats will encourage extra event participation and more boost/shuttle sales as a result. Not knowing means players will sit out an event and then DB can't monetize the competition.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to know.
    More info is always nice. It's been asked for more than once and Shan always says she doesn't have the "bandwidth" to provide them so I don't know that it'll ever happen.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes but i think they do that on purpose as a sales strategy. If they put out stats for every ship and crew they may make less money bcuz ppl wouldnt buy lower stats crew or ships. U dont know untill the purchasing has already been done.

This is clearly the case. DB intentionally withholds them because they mistakenly believe it makes them more money.
    Whatever, DB will DB. My apathy will continue to grow.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally left blank
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to know.
    I think they should at least be released if the card is due to be a skirmish bonus event crew. I honestly don't see the problem releasing it at the same time of stats release.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should, but they also need to give the 1/4 / 1/5* FE stats and the 4/4 and 5/5* FE stats on the pack buy screen. Its outrageous that often the packs are released without @Shan confirming the stats on the Forums as technically you don't know what you are buying.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to know.
    When you buy something, you should know what you're paying for. It's not any more complicated than that.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that this is something a good majority of you would like to see along with the other stats when they are posted on our forums.
    However at the moment I do not have an easy and quick way to provide this unfortunately.
    I hope that this will change at some point.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I want to know.
    I think they said they couldn't handle the extra bandwidth.
    Shan wrote: »
    I understand that this is something a good majority of you would like to see along with the other stats when they are posted on our forums.
    However at the moment I do not have an easy and quick way to provide this unfortunately.

I would suggest the easiest might be a picture. The only problem is the First to Max.

Edit: a picture of a 1FFE crew only problem would be Common crew.
    Thus, unfused stats and ship abilities could be pictured
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I want to know.
    Shan wrote: »

I have to agree with Yateball above me. Your explanation, on its face, really just falls flat. How about this... instead of you coping and pasting the stats, can you just ask the design team to send you screenshots of a 1/5, 5/5, and their ship stats? Then you could just post those? Bam. You'd make a lot of us very happy and be my personal hero.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having access to crew stats is one thing, transcribing it in text form for the forums is another. It is indeed a question of bandwidth.
  • Options
    Yes, I want to know.
    @Shan , I saw your Fugitive Spock announcement and I just wanted to say... Thank you, sincerely. You're awesome, you're my hero, and I greatly appreciate your help in this matter.
  • Options
    Drone_oneDrone_one ✭✭✭
    Yes, I want to know.
    @Shan Thank you!!!
  • Options
    Yes, I want to know.
    P.S. I would like to celebrate this momentous occasion by throwing money at a Killy deal. If there's anything you can do to make that happen, my head would probably just explode. Thanks again!