Home Ready Room
Options

Faction Kick Start Shuttles with only max of 8?

There used to be a maximum of 10 for shuttle missions in order to earn enough when there was a faction event for 3 factions. Now there are only 8 max that can be opened.

So I would open 8 of each for a total of 24 shuttle missions. I would launch 8 of my preferred faction. Once complete, I opened 8 more and launched them using time reduction. Then I proceed to launch the remaining 16 from the other 2 factions.

Should I open 8 more of my preferred faction before I launch the remaining 16 or open afterwards?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    don't change the quick start because of the number of missions per faction.
    Open ALL missions for ALL factions.
    launch 11 (in this case 8 from one faction and 3 from a second faction, 11 recommended in case you fail one)
    open all 11 again. 3* speed boost all 11 (starting with the 3 from faction 2 so it's easier to remember which ones).
    now launch all remaining 1 minute shuttles.

now ready to select whatever faction/missions you want.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The maximum number of open missions per faction was changed a while back. Many events are now capped at 8, with some hybrid events down around 6 and some older re-runs still at 10.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't change the quick start because of the number of missions per faction.
    Open ALL missions for ALL factions.
    launch 11 (in this case 8 from one faction and 3 from a second faction, 11 recommended in case you fail one)
    open all 11 again. 3* speed boost all 11 (starting with the 3 from faction 2 so it's easier to remember which ones).
    now launch all remaining 1 minute shuttles.

now ready to select whatever faction/missions you want.

I generally go with this although out of those 3 missions I complete 2 with a 3* time boost then run them again with a 4* time boost then complete the remaining missions requiring a 3* time boost then finish off the one minute missions.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    You can start off with slightly more VP ... but end up at the same shuttle VP level ... if you feel like spending 24 3* time boosts instead of 11.

- Open 11 missions in total;
    - Run 11 missions;
    - Open all 24 missions;
    - Run all with 3* time boosts.

VP Calculation
    1. 24*2 + 11*350 = 48 + 3850 = 3874 VP.

2. 11*2 + 24*350 = 22 + 8400 = 8422 VP.

This might be a consideration if you really want to pick up the 4* in the Threshold fast ... e.g. you have a 2/4 FE Ro and you want to immortalise asap ... so you can get that second copy with 4x shuttle success in your first high VP batch (2750 I think) using method 2 ... you could consider using 3* boosts there too for a total of 28 3* boosts ... and within 2 hrs of starting the event you'll have Ro immortalised, which leads to higher shuttle success earlier etc. etc.

Is that payoff worth the investment of 3* boosts for you? Now-a-days you can pick up a ton of boost packs from the Thursday cadet missions, so 28 3* time boosts should be obtainable between two faction (hybrid) events.

Personally, I use method 1 when there is new crew in the threshold ... this gives me time to level them to 100 and equip them as needed (usually missing a couple of items that I'll pick up through threshold rewards) ... they usually only become useful at (2/4 or) 3/4, so I have time.
    I also use method 1 if I have the threshold immortalised (as was the case for this event) and aren't interested in final placing.

I use method 2 if I want to do well. Side note ... use shared crew in all 24 3* missions during the ramp up ... that'll really help your squad leader!
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    You can start off with slightly more VP ... but end up at the same shuttle VP level ... if you feel like spending 24 3* time boosts instead of 11.

- Run 11 missions;
    - Open all 24 missions;

VP Calculation

This might be a consideration if you really want to pick up the 4* in the Threshold fast ... e.g. you have a 2/4 FE Ro and you want to immortalise asap ... so you can get that second copy with 4x shuttle success in your first high VP batch (2750 I think) using method 2 ... you could consider using 3* boosts there too for a total of 28 3* boosts ... and within 2 hrs of starting the event you'll have Ro immortalised, which leads to higher shuttle success earlier etc. etc.

Is that payoff worth the investment of 3* boosts for you? Now-a-days you can pick up a ton of boost packs from the Thursday cadet missions, so 28 3* time boosts should be obtainable between two faction (hybrid) events.

Personally, I use method 1 when there is new crew in the threshold ... this gives me time to level them to 100 and equip them as needed (usually missing a couple of items that I'll pick up through threshold rewards) ... they usually only become useful at (2/4 or) 3/4, so I have time.
    I also use method 1 if I have the threshold immortalised (as was the case for this event) and aren't interested in final placing.

I use method 2 if I want to do well. Side note ... use shared crew in all 24 3* missions during the ramp up ... that'll really help your squad leader!

While I can see that would get your VP up faster, the difference between method 1 and 2 is barely more than one successful 4k shuttle. I'd argue a much better use of the 13 x 3* speed boosts (difference between the methods) would be to use method 1 and then use those 13 speed boosts after you've reached 4k shuttles. Unless you've got enough 3* speed boosts to run them all day for 4 days (I run 1 extra ticket of thursday cadet missions with double rewards every week and don't have that many), you're much better off having 13 more 4k shuttles run by the end of the event.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

- Run 11 missions;
    - Open all 24 missions;

VP Calculation

While I can see that would get your VP up faster, the difference between method 1 and 2 is barely more than one successful 4k shuttle. I'd argue a much better use of the 13 x 3* speed boosts (difference between the methods) would be to use method 1 and then use those 13 speed boosts after you've reached 4k shuttles. Unless you've got enough 3* speed boosts to run them all day for 4 days (I run 1 extra ticket of thursday cadet missions with double rewards every week and don't have that many), you're much better off having 13 more 4k shuttles run by the end of the event.

An even more efficient route is to open 24 missions, complete (12 times) and reopen (11 times) one mission repeatedly with minimum boost required each time. Then complete 23 remaining 1 minute missions. This only uses 2 3* boosts total.

Plus you don't have to track which missions you initially completed so you use 3* boosts on the right ones.
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

- Run 11 missions;
    - Open all 24 missions;

VP Calculation

An even more efficient route is to open 24 missions, complete (12 times) and reopen (11 times) one mission repeatedly with minimum boost required each time. Then complete 23 remaining 1 minute missions. This only uses 2 3* boosts total.

Plus you don't have to track which missions you initially completed so you use 3* boosts on the right ones.

I like that one even better, help me save up more boosts especially on weeks when I don't want to compete as aggressively.