Home The Bridge

Does DB not get episodes in advance or do they not pay attention

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
I had assumed they see all the episodes before they air so that they can prepare the crew as the show comes out. However, a key point of today’s episode was that Pike was the best able on THE ENTIRE SHIP to pilot a shuttle into a rift since his first job was as a test pilot.

Sooooo naturally, guess what trait Christopher Pike is missing?

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    😊😉
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should put your text in the spoiler tags available. I would not assume DB sees all episodes. They could know who will be in upcoming shows as anyone does who reads Entertainment Weekly or the internet. They do have some contacts with CBS but hard to say how much. These crew cards that they are putting in game are often based on a single episode.
    This is why Captain Pike is wearing a yellow shirt when he only did in that one episode when his card came out in game. He did do some piloting but nothing in that episode suggested he was an excellent pilot.
    Let’s fly!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't they said that traits are added or subtracted as needed to match characters and game flow. Players can petition to add it if it was accidentally omitted but it's not a big deal if specific cards don't have a specific trait, especially if DB left it out on purpose.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume they don't get episodes ahead. They probably get hints, but certainly not entire plots. Heck, Pike should probably also have Spiritual based on episodes that had already aired by the time he entered the game.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Cadet Wesley Crusher from an episode where he is an elite flight squad is missing the Pilot trait. Sito Jaxa from that same episode and a member of that same flight squad has the pilot trait. DB is so laughably inconsistent with crew traits that I stopped worrying about them.

he was actually grounded pending inquiry in an accident that led to someones death, pilot status therefore was rescinded
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadet Wesley Crusher from an episode where he is an elite flight squad is missing the Pilot trait. Sito Jaxa from that same episode and a member of that same flight squad has the pilot trait. DB is so laughably inconsistent with crew traits that I stopped worrying about them.

he was actually grounded pending inquiry in an accident that led to someones death, pilot status therefore was rescinded

And Sito wasn't grounded?
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we're getting into the job VS skill question. A retired pilot still knows how to fly a plane (or starship). An engineer who moves into the command ranks still possesses good jury-rigging engineering skills, even if their career path has taken them in a different direction.

There's so much inconsistency. Some traits always go with a certain crew member, regardless of the variation. For other crew, the traits come and go, depending on the variation and whether or not that particular one was actually putting the trait to use.

I've stopped trying to figure out the rules or even logic associated with trait assignments in this game.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

Cadet Sito is a vanilla card could have been before or after the event, cadet crusher is a very specific caption however.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I would assume it is due to the lack of insight prior to making the crew because of spoiler reasons and/or reasons mentioned above (they not getting episodes beforehand and thus, only going by what CBS has provided them description wise in order to make the characters ahead of time).
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadet Wesley Crusher would like to have a word, too.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Sito was also in "Lower Decks". By then perhaps her status was restored?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    When can we talk about how cool the You-Know-Sians from You-Know-Where next week look n Disco versions?!?!?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    How often do you all debate the Pilot trait?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

She was ensign Sito in Lower Decks. She was wearing a standard gold uniform. The card in the game is Cadet Sito wearing the same Red shoulder with black shirt uniform that cadet Wesley is wearing.

She was ensign Sito in Lower Decks. She was wearing a standard gold uniform. The card in the game is Cadet Sito wearing the same Red shoulder with black shirt uniform that cadet Wesley is wearing.

Mine has been frozen a while. Seems like if she still has pilot he should too then

Every time the only pilot in Starfleet better than Ash Tyler doesn't have it!!!!!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time the only pilot in Starfleet better than Ash Tyler doesn't have it!!!!!

I forgot that ash had pilot and he wasn’t good enough to fly the shuttle when pike was around
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we talk about how cool the You-Know-Sians from You-Know-Where next week look n Disco versions?!?!?
    I cant wait for next week's episode. Season 2 has been amazing and so much better than season 1.
    Let’s fly!
    I cant wait for next week's episode. Season 2 has been amazing and so much better than season 1.
    My understanding is that "The Cage" was supposed to be at some point before Season Two, while Chris and crew were out of the war on a five year mission. So, why didn't the shuttle say "You can't go there."?
    Speaking of Pilots...
    Could either Pike or Ash do a donut in a Class One Starship, while towing an ultra-heavy Dark Matter meteor?!?!? We may be overlooking the most Bravo Alpha Pilot in Starfleet!!!!!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Pilots...
    Could either Pike or Ash do a donut in a Class One Starship, while towing an ultra-heavy Dark Matter meteor?!?!? We may be overlooking the most Bravo Alpha Pilot in Starfleet!!!!!

How do we still not have Detmer?
    Speaking of Pilots...

How do we still not have Detmer?

I'm hoping we will soon have an episode that highlights her. Like Owo being on the away team in episode two or Ariam shining this past week.

Sylvia: We'll find an answer. And by "we" I mean Ariam.
    {Two seconds later}
    Ariam: I found something.