Home The Bridge

Character discussion-The Clown

So I just got the Clown of a voyage and am perplexed on what use he is. He has great security even at 1* and 20% repair shields, but other than being voyage exclusive, how good is he?

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is a card to be collected, in a card collection game.

20% repair shields does not look exceptional to me. Hull repair would be good.
  • He is, with Jannar, the best of the Voyage-only crew in terms of raw stats. SEC/ENG is an underrepresented stat combo, so he has some decent Voyage and shuttle potential until you have a very mature roster and Legendaries outpace him.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use The Clown on my Borg Sphere in Captain Division of the Arena. He does quite well there for me.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monkey Smurfing Clowns. At he is not a Mine Clown..........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    His base SEC is high enough that he shows up on a shuttle once in a blue moon. Enough that I started a second copy. Of cource, I started a second copy of Robin Hood and Mirror Jadzia too, so a second clown may not be that usefull by the time I get more to drop.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a good crew. He is my number 7 base security. He is my second best purple security crew.
    2ult0l2tbi4t.jpg
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a good crew. He is my number 7 base security. He is my second best purple security crew.
    2ult0l2tbi4t.jpg

Good crew is a very subjective thing......he sits at number 18 for me and lives in fear of being frost bitten!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    2ult0l2tbi4t.jpg

Gross, you seem to have a bit of a Talaxian infestation in your super rare locker room!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    In a Sec AND Eng seat he'll do nicely shows up a few times on my shuttle dailies so I keep him out for that he also will still likely make an ENG and SEC voyage he's a decent purple crew even his DIP isn't too shabby for a Sec and Dip shuttle really.

He's number 8 for me, but the point is if you don't have many Legendaries, he is the third best Security Base for a purple rarity Robin Hood and Mirror Jadzia being the ones better than him and therefore worth his salt for a time.

The only thing to add is that unless an all villains Mega Event occurs his bonus potential is next to 0 so daily shuttles and voyages has been his use really for me personally.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    2ult0l2tbi4t.jpg

Gross, you seem to have a bit of a Talaxian infestation in your super rare locker room!

I haven't had to freeze anyone since the crew slot sale. I don't even have all my cadets frozen. Eventually the "Talaxian Infestation" will be dealt with. I'll have to start freezing next week.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a Sec AND Eng seat he'll do nicely shows up a few times on my shuttle dailies so I keep him out for that he also will still likely make an ENG and SEC voyage he's a decent purple crew even his DIP isn't too shabby for a Sec and Dip shuttle really.

He's number 8 for me, but the point is if you don't have many Legendaries, he is the third best Security Base for a purple rarity Robin Hood and Mirror Jadzia being the ones better than him and therefore worth his salt for a time.

The only thing to add is that unless an all villains Mega Event occurs his bonus potential is next to 0 so daily shuttles and voyages has been his use really for me personally.

To complete his picture:
    He had an event bonus for his Brutal trait once (Laws of Nature).

But yeah, he's not bad ... was the Voyage-only crew I decided to cite up before we could get duplicates of them. He was on shuttles all the time and voyages to.
    I've since frozen him, but for all intents and purposes he could still be out (wanted to rotate crew a bit, see some new faces at the top).
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    At some point Villain will show up in an event as their numbers increase and Brutal will get a repeat. Perhaps Villain even gets a collection because of their rarity. If his stats are low for you, freeze him. If they are good for you, use him. I still use him on the occasional voyage and shuttle when my A crew is busy on an event so it all depends on your depth.
  • He's F creepy that's what he is ...
  • He's a voyager at FF/FE
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’d be a lot nicer if his dilemma didn’t glitch on me every single time. Mine’s still at 3/4 so I haven’t leveled him yet; glad to see he has some potential use though.
  • Torias327 wrote: »
    He’d be a lot nicer if his dilemma didn’t glitch on me every single time. Mine’s still at 3/4 so I haven’t leveled him yet; glad to see he has some potential use though.

The crew dilemmas seem so rare now. I still haven't gotten the McCoy or Picard ones. They need to bump the odds a little.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still need Worf and McCoy, but as 4*s that aren’t running amok in the gauntlet, I’m content to be really stupid excited when I get one, as I was with Ensign Picard. I think the rarity for a subsequent freezer bound honor sink is fine, they aren’t really breaking the game, just hyper rare. I view the Voyage Picard and McCoy like mounts in World of Warcraft, mostly cosmetic in the form of a show off Avatar, but that is just me.