Home The Bridge

Hooman Borg Brutal, Weighted Engineering?!?!?

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
Please don't throw me in that briar patch!!!!!

Nice to finally be able to put up more than one 65% in a Gauntlet.......
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, Locutus ends up with 65%. But so does Assimilated La Forge, Assimilated Troi, and Drone Seven of Nine (at least)...it certainly helps make things interesting.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, Locutus ends up with 65%. But so does Assimilated La Forge, Assimilated Troi, and Drone Seven of Nine (at least)...it certainly helps make things interesting.

I don't have Locutus. But I do have two of the others. Having two 65%ers feels weird.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at it, closed the game, and decided to see what fate would bring me the next day at reset. I think there was an eyeroll in there too, one Janeway would be proud of.

I did finally get my first post-changes gold crew in the last Gauntlet, a 5th star on Guinan which she is flaunting all over the galaxy on my current voyage.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I looked at it, closed the game, and decided to see what fate would bring me the next day at reset. I think there was an eyeroll in there too, one Janeway would be proud of.

I did finally get my first post-changes gold crew in the last Gauntlet, a 5th star on Guinan which she is flaunting all over the galaxy on my current voyage.

Congrats on finishing Guinan's Stars. She is almost always on my Gauntlet team. Miss her this round, but I have two 65%ers and three 45%ers!!!!!
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks DScott! Of the 4 “Superstars” I find I use Guinan the least, only because I have Sulan, Crell, Phlox, Garland and Capt. Bev to trait match with. Guinan is on many voyages though, I love having her around.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Torias327 wrote: »

Congrats on finishing Guinan's Stars. She is almost always on my Gauntlet team. Miss her this round, but I have two 65%ers and three 45%ers!!!!!

I have her in this insane gauntlet ... she's one of my 2 non-bonus crew:
    - Locutus (65%)
    - Seven of Nine (45%)
    - Armus (25%) (finally got him recently!)
    - Guinan (5%)
    - The Caretaker (5%).

Sitting on the sidelines are the likes of Assimilated La Forge, Mirror Picard, Augment O'Brien etc..

Sitting top 20 with ease (a way off #1, who must be using Dil due to sizeable lead over #2) and on a 30 win streak (no Dil, some Merits - 200 so far), you just have to choose your battles. :)

To be honest, I've often found that bonus crew are disappointing (even with my very conservative matching up) and go with a standard selection of 5-7 crew. Recently, I dropped Guinan because someone else had 45% (I think Mirror T'Pol) ... they were a disaster so I said, "never again".
    e.g. This gauntlet, The Caretaker or Seven of Nine roll over a 65% Drone Seven ... so, Drone Seven has been easy pickings as I work my way up the ranks.
    From the list above, Seven is the one who usually doesn't make it with either Mirror Picard or Surak in (don't have any good CMD/DIP crew for Gauntlet - refuse to use Minuet or other 2-skillers).

EDIT: Finished 5th ... win-streak topped off at 37 ... total Merits used 400.