Home Engineering Room

Gauntlet errors using a frozen crew

You used to be able to unfreeze a crew, start a gauntlet and then freeze the crew again with no impact to gauntlet usage.

Now if you start a gauntlet and then freeze a crew (mirror phlox below), every time you use them you get this error message. The round goes through, but you have to restart the application to see the result (in the form of a longer or broken streak) and you aren’t able to dil restore a streak.

Error using the crew the first time
4l3dj5mhvih0.png
Then if you try to run the match again without restarting you get this
843jwm9stoai.png

Comments

• I never knew you could use frozen crew in Gauntlet - sounds like a loophole closing.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never knew you could use frozen crew in Gauntlet - sounds like a loophole closing.

You still have to unfreeze them to start the gauntlet. If you aren’t supposed to be able to freeze them until after the gauntlet ends they shouldn’t let you freeze the crew until then. That or not let you play the matches once frozen. This is just a quasi state where you play the match but don’t get to see the result.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I am aware we have not changed anything in that regard.
    When did this start happening?

And is it happening to anyone else?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten the "opponent does not exist" error several times this past week. But I've never frozen a crew member after choosing them for the Gauntlet (didn't even know that was ever possible to do). However, maybe that's what I'm coming across with those errors — other players who've frozen after they've chosen (rhyme intentional)?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • @Shan I had same error at start of gauntlet. Steps to reproduce:

Choose gaunt crew with a immortalized SR crew (I used Chief O'Brien)
    Enter gauntlet
    go back to main display and freeze said O'Brien
    enter gauntlet and try to use him
    game returns the error Paladin posted. Acts as though it did indeed choose that crew for you, as the next time you choose him, they have been depleted by 1
  • I had some similar errors just now. I have never had this crewman frozen so I know it’s nothing related to freezing and unfreezing on my end. o4oam47a4nq2.png
  • 55apwsv775vw.png
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a couple things, I tested on a second account before posting and it did the same thing. I don’t unfreeze/start gauntlet/refreeze that often. I think the last time I did it was maybe 2 months ago and it was working fine then.

The opponent does not exist error while received here is a directly caused by the server fighting a battle while the client errors out and doesn’t refresh opponents. Other things other than the freezer crew can Cause this, the most common being a slow internet connection.

If your client has sent the signal to fight the match to the server and doesn’t get a response back you will still show the old opponents while the server has a new set of 6. If at this point you fight a battle in most cases you will get the does not exist error since the opponent you chose on the client isn’t s valid one server side. I think the non matching skills might also be triggered by this (what if the opponent is valid, only the skills/crew chosen are different from what the client shows)