Home The Bridge

Push notifications for packs, cards, and offers?!

Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
No. Not a thank you, just a NO!
I don't want DB cluttering up my notifications and device with their advertisements and sales pitches. I hope they fix this and I don't have to turn off all notifications, causing me to spend even less time in game.

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    yah a separate setting is needed for this for sure, I love how it's just auto enabled without any communication to users first
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying? Yep. Easy to ignore? Also yep.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the one today telling me there was a new Spock. I like the ones telling me when my voyage is low or at a dilemma and when my shuttles have returned.
    Let’s fly!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    RED ALERT! WE JUST PUT UP AN AWFUL PACK!

😂😁🤗🤣😂. That was a good laugh, thank you.
  • Moose1Moose1 ✭✭✭
    I like the notifications.
  • I like ntifications in the form of “badges” or in game notification msg, which is indicated by a “badge”. I dont mind the rectangular offers that appear on the left as do event screens. But i would prefer a “badge” the same color as reward available or in game msg notification badges rather than having the screen jump out at you “in your face”. Many times i have already punched into my faction center and am in the process of collecting a shuttle when the pop up decides to trigger. It overlays my shuttle return screen and i cant see anything. I dont even know if my shuttle failed or succeeded because the pop up has overlayed. Push and pop up notifications are distracting, disruptive to game play as there timing does not work properly. A simple badge lets us know there is something to check into. My voyage indicator doesnt even work properly “still” but we are getting more programmed pop up and push notifications. As i have suggested many times can we please fix the long standing issues before adding more programming.
    It would not be that dificult to fix the voyage indicator, or move it to the main screen. Plenty of room on the right to make a rectangular box for the voyage just like the adds and event boxes on the left.
  • I would like to add, i love this game. My fleet has become my home. We r very active and and found our trek family here. There have been some great additions like the recent $10.00 offers for 1/5 or the mixtures of 1/5 + chrons/credits for reasonable rates. But i have been seeing so many complaints. Alot of ppl are leaving the game due to outrageous cost or continuing malfunctions that are repetative and not addressed.
    I absolutely want this place many of us call home to continue. Listening to your Consumers is the only way a business can be sustained.
    I have tried to be more vocal in the forums because i dont want the game to fail. Not to be negative but to give reasonable input with suggestions. Not just simply complain.
  • edited March 2019
    I don't like the new push notifications. How about fixing the existing notifications before trying to add new ones? I know, i know, novel idea but it might just work.

edited for spelling
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • They add unnecessary notifications and can't be bothered to fix the broken notifications about voyages running low and shuttles returning.
  • It's bad enough that you have to swat away, sometimes multiple, sales pop-ups when you enter the game.

Please don't send any more push notifications of this ilk.
  • littlestoatielittlestoatie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I would like to add, i love this game. My fleet has become my home. We r very active and and found our trek family here. There have been some great additions like the recent $10.00 offers for 1/5 or the mixtures of 1/5 + chrons/credits for reasonable rates. But i have been seeing so many complaints. Alot of ppl are leaving the game due to outrageous cost or continuing malfunctions that are repetative and not addressed.
    I absolutely want this place many of us call home to continue. Listening to your Consumers is the only way a business can be sustained.
    I have tried to be more vocal in the forums because i dont want the game to fail. Not to be negative but to give reasonable input with suggestions. Not just simply complain.

Hear hear!
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like ntifications in the form of “badges” or in game notification msg, which is indicated by a “badge”. I dont mind the rectangular offers that appear on the left as do event screens. But i would prefer a “badge” the same color as reward available or in game msg notification badges rather than having the screen jump out at you “in your face”. Many times i have already punched into my faction center and am in the process of collecting a shuttle when the pop up decides to trigger. It overlays my shuttle return screen and i cant see anything. I dont even know if my shuttle failed or succeeded because the pop up has overlayed. Push and pop up notifications are distracting, disruptive to game play as there timing does not work properly. A simple badge lets us know there is something to check into. My voyage indicator doesnt even work properly “still” but we are getting more programmed pop up and push notifications. As i have suggested many times can we please fix the long standing issues before adding more programming.
    It would not be that dificult to fix the voyage indicator, or move it to the main screen. Plenty of room on the right to make a rectangular box for the voyage just like the adds and event boxes on the left.

You're talking about all in-game stuff here. The thread is referring to new push notifications while using your device OUTSIDE of the game
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference:
    e945ajhd5tgj.jpeg