Home Engineering Room
Options

Bugs/problems with icons and event

Hello,
I have the same problem like many other players:
First of all, they‘re several icons missing, so I can’t get my daily rewards and dilithium (I have a monthly card). Second, I can’t take part in the event, because the icon for it disappeared and in the fractionmissions, the event isn’t available. Third, when I click on ‚options‘ , the log in screen pops up, but I can’t read messages or do anything else like click on the support button. And fourth the icons for the map and the timeportal are grey so I can’t click on them and do something. All in all I’m unable to play ether the game or the event.
My brother has the same problems and as I have read, other players have it to.

Please help us, so we are able to play the game.
Thank you very much!
MagicHD
cx560r1g4jps.png

Comments

• Options
    I have the same issue after installing the game on steam i cant access anything.
  • Options
    I dont see the event and i cant access my crew or use the time portal. I dont know whats wrong i igned into my account and i can see my crew in the shuttle screen but the crew icon is missing and looks exactly like the screen in the previous post.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    theroc44 wrote: »
    I dont see the event and i cant access my crew or use the time portal. I dont know whats wrong i igned into my account and i can see my crew in the shuttle screen but the crew icon is missing and looks exactly like the screen in the previous post.

Hi and welcome!
    Could you please try again?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Currently facing the same issue.

I upgraded my phone to a Samsung galaxy s8 active frtom the s6 today. after logging into my account on the new device I experienced the same icon display issue. when it logged me our of the old device it changed the display to the new device.

I've already sent in a manual support ticket and awaiting response. Never had this issue before. My voyage died because of it and I can't even refill or purchase anything.

I also can't login to my connected game account to the forum because it keeps redirecting me nonstop that it errors out. I've tried all suggested things.
    VIP 14, captain level 68, On Samsung s6 and s8 active, account name [EV3]grunt life.

Edit: May I please get a response to remedy this asap? I spend money on this game and I am missing out on holiday offers as a result. I also cannot see the events currently occuring. I've tried force closing, accessing on my previous device, reinstalling, etc. I am out of ideas.

edit2: issue is also showing on steam. platform for me.
  • Options
    I have the same problem since yesterday. Loggin to steam to buy the fleetcommander package and not playable anymore. This is very disappointing. Has anyone experience how long it takes to fix the problem?
  • Options
    Im having the same problem on a Galaxy S7 as well as Steam. The thing that caused it to start is the same as above (logging into steam to buy a DLC pack). It was working fine before that. It is mostly the left side of the UI that is missing, however, the Time Portal (ironic considering the reason that this problem started was from spending money for crates that I have to open through backwards methods ) and the away missions and thus Voyage

Anyone know how to get people back from a Voyage through some other means then the bottom right button? My crew situation would be better if I could merge the new people with the people who are on the doomed Voyage.

I've had to spend some DIL that I didn't want to spend to increase crew size until this is fixed. Assuming it does get fixed, can I get that DIL refunded and the 5 crew spots removed? I wasn't planning on buying those spots.
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    dejackso wrote: »
    Im having the same problem on a Galaxy S7 as well as Steam. The thing that caused it to start is the same as above (logging into steam to buy a DLC pack). It was working fine before that. It is mostly the left side of the UI that is missing, however, the Time Portal (ironic considering the reason that this problem started was from spending money for crates that I have to open through backwards methods ) and the away missions and thus Voyage

Anyone know how to get people back from a Voyage through some other means then the bottom right button? My crew situation would be better if I could merge the new people with the people who are on the doomed Voyage.

I've had to spend some DIL that I didn't want to spend to increase crew size until this is fixed. Assuming it does get fixed, can I get that DIL refunded and the 5 crew spots removed? I wasn't planning on buying those spots.

Hi,

Have you submitted a ticket to Player Support? There are some UI issues that can result from switching between devices, and in those case, the only way to solve it (for now) is for Player Support to manually fix your account.

In case you need the link:
    https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Have you submitted a ticket to Player Support? There are some UI issues that can result from switching between devices, and in those case, the only way to solve it (for now) is for Player Support to manually fix your account.

In case you need the link:
    https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options

Thanks a lot for the heads up! I just started playing last week and was enjoying it enough to put money into it (and to support Rich Gallup!). It gives me hope that there's a known fix.

I've sent in two tickets (one for Android and one for Steam), because I didn't realize that the issue was related (whoops!). I sent both tickets through the game app. Do those tickets go to the same place as your link?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks a lot for the heads up! I just started playing last week and was enjoying it enough to put money into it (and to support Rich Gallup!). It gives me hope that there's a known fix.

I've sent in two tickets (one for Android and one for Steam), because I didn't realize that the issue was related (whoops!). I sent both tickets through the game app. Do those tickets go to the same place as your link?

They do, and we will merge the 2 tickets :)
    Could you walk me through the steps you took exactly when you logged in on Steam?
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I just want to chime in quickly that this same situation that happened to me back in the end of November. DB "refreshed my account" and the issue got resolved. They were pretty quick about it too.
  • Options
    It's been a few days for me which is unfortunate, but if they're busy then they're busy.

To Shan:

1. I installed the game for the first time and the beginning intro played for the first time and I couldn't find a place to log in.
    2. I played until I could log in and then logged in with my DB acct (this required me to change my password since I couldn't remember it and I think my phone's game is signed in through Google's game launcher). I suspect that changing the password at this time might be a problem as I now had my game acct linked to two different logins?
    3. At this point, the game was running slow but I didn't realize that there was a problem as I had never played the Steam version and thought it might be different. So I bought the DLC pack and then started the game on my phone. I'm unsure if I logged out of Steam at this point.
    4. The game on the phone app was broken at this point, so I closed it (after sending that initial ticket).
    5. I started the Steam version (or continued it) and closed and restarted it. At this point, I tried a few things such as trying to link a Facebook acct (a third login...which was probably dumb in hindsight and also reset my progress which didn't actually do anything, thank goodness!)
    6. I closed Steam and have not touched it since (both versions have the same problem). At this point, I can play a limited and broken version of the game on my phone (I can't access my characters on their Voyage or start a new one. There is no backwards way of getting into Voyages I also can't get into events. This part is interesting as the backward way to get into events says I am not level 8, but the backwards way of seeing my Capt level shows I am well past that point. I also can't spend my ship schematics to upgrade my ship. I can do almost everything else through backward means (for example, I can get to my crew to upgrade by pretending to spend honor on Kahless who I cannot afford which sends me to the crew manifest to sell crew).
    7. Anyway, that's where I stand. I've seen several people who have this problem and it was fixed for all of them (just as the individual above), so I suspect that this will get fixed eventually. Some people have had the problem come back and get fixed again. I hope that the above will help to fix the problem more permanently! Let me know either here or on my ticket if you want more info, though, I may not have much more to offer. Good luck!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much!

If anyone else would like to contribute what they did prior to getting in this situation it would be most helpful - thank you!
  • Options
    dejacksodejackso ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    UPDATE: Fixed this morning. Thanks, Shan!!!

Is there any update on this issue? I still cant retrieve people from the voyage I sent off on the 3rd nor participate in events. Everything else has to be done through "creative navigation."

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have the problem since yestaerday: grey icons and I can't go on the travel or manage my crew... I play on STEAM, uninstalled and reinstalled but always the same problem !!!
    My name's account is SALKOTHUS...
  • Options
    Bonjour, depuis plusieurs jours j'ai le même écran que magic HD,impossible de jouer, cela est très frustrant ,j'espère qu'une solution existe...car toujours aucune réponse du support technique!!!! LONGUE VIE SANS BUG
  • Options
    I currently have the same problem & it started when people were having login issues here recently. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game 3 or 4 times thinking this would help but to no avail. I'm a squadron leader and have felt very helpless as I cant share crew or even switch to someone else. Please expedite this matter if possible...I have sent 2 tickets hoping to have it fixed but no response
  • Options
    Also met this problem today. I found the game is available on Steam. I was thinking it might be a way for me to buy a few packs with my Steam valet.
    So I tried to install it and log in using my credentials. And than thats where it went wrong. Bugged UI there and after logging back to phone it looked the same wrong. So I created the ticket. It seems there is something wrong with Steam version and account linking. Hope for a quick fix. Wondering if I get any of daily Dilithium refund as it seems this takes a few days to fix from previous posts.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonjour, depuis plusieurs jours j'ai le même écran que magic HD,impossible de jouer, cela est très frustrant ,j'espère qu'une solution existe...car toujours aucune réponse du support technique!!!! LONGUE VIE SANS BUG

Support pourra arranger cela pour vous, il faudra un peu de patience par contre. Toutes nos excuses.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently have the same problem & it started when people were having login issues here recently. I uninstalled/reinstalled the game 3 or 4 times thinking this would help but to no avail. I'm a squadron leader and have felt very helpless as I cant share crew or even switch to someone else. Please expedite this matter if possible...I have sent 2 tickets hoping to have it fixed but no response

Sending more than 1 ticket for an issue is not necessary. I am sorry you are encountering this problem, we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also met this problem today. I found the game is available on Steam. I was thinking it might be a way for me to buy a few packs with my Steam valet.
    So I tried to install it and log in using my credentials. And than thats where it went wrong. Bugged UI there and after logging back to phone it looked the same wrong. So I created the ticket. It seems there is something wrong with Steam version and account linking. Hope for a quick fix. Wondering if I get any of daily Dilithium refund as it seems this takes a few days to fix from previous posts.

I am sorry you are having this issue as well, your ticket has been received but I do not see a DBID mentioned. Please update your ticket with the long number you see on the screen when the game is loading. This will speed things up. Thank you!
  • Options
    JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    As I described in "my" thread, I have gone from a sign in error to the situation described in the original post of this thread.