Home Ready Room
Options

Question on Adding Stars to a Legendary

If you go from 1* to 2* and up, does the proficiency skill for Guantlet go up each time? Or is it just the regular skills? I'm trying to decide to get Kahless or 2 upgrades to someone I already have...

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Only the base skill(s) change. Proficiency rolls stay the same.

So Kahless would go from...

CMD 655 +(270-852)
    DIP 247 +(102-310)
    SEC 397 +(205-563)

...to...

CMD 670 +(270-852)
    DIP 271 +(102-310)
    SEC 441 +(205-563)

...plus any starbase bonus.
  • Options
    Only the regular skills goes up. The proficiency skill (the skills used in gauntlet) does not go up with additional stars.

So a 1/5 Kahless is the same as a 5/5 Kahless in the gauntlet.

A 5/5 Kahless is nice to have for shuttles though.
  • Options
    Great! Thank you very much!!!
  • Options
    Ok, Since leveling Legendaries doesn't help in Guantlet, what quality should I look for use 5* citations on? Here is a few of my top guys with 1*

Borg Queen
    Kahless
    Mirror Work
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Def Phlox
    Ambassador Troi
    Mademoiselle de Neuf
    Bartender Guinan
    Locutus
    Gangster Spock
    Age of Sail Crusher
    Gowron
    Sulan
    Seven of Nine

Any help is much appreciated.
  • Options
    Looking just at base stats for a second: Borg Queen. If you want to do better at shuttles and faction events there's your crew.

Voyages? Giving stars to the low base, high prof roll crew starts to make sense. In that case, I'd recommend somebody like Locutus, Seven, Kahless or any of your three skill crew with medical skill. However Borg Queen is great at voyages too (her rolls aren't terrible like many other base skill heavy crew), so I'd recommend her for both purposes.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between 1* and 2* doesn't really make much difference; I would save up and get someone up to 3/5* or beyond as the citation has more benefit.

There are Tons of CMD and DIP crew so I would recommend someone with ENG, SCI or MED with a high base and 3 skills. This is because you are more likely to pull a CMD/DIP character out of the portals.

This probably narrows it down to Dark Ages McCoy, AOS Crusher or Locutus (I have excluded Guinan for now as you may get more of her in the Gauntlet until they refresh it).

But yeah, I would save up the 100k honour then see where you are at with it. Khaless is excellent in the Gauntlet by the way!

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Emmett KEmmett K ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    5th star for Borg queen assuming you got the free easy 4 stars from the Borg at a event.

Edit.... if you have just one Borg queen. I would save your honor up till you can do 2 to 3 on one on that list
  • Options
    Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I pick a top legendary card in a specific skill. I have dax odo, rom spock, Assimilated Janeway and mobile dr. They are all pretty much top of core skill. When u get 50000 I would give 1 of them a star but once u start with 1 u have to finish them. Value increases more with every star relative to previous star. I wouldn’t wait because it’s instant value added.

Prioritize com, sec and dip. Also prioritize event crew. Hypothetically say I have proto Worf and kortar at 1 star. Even if kortar is a little better go for Worf because he is more likely to get the bonus.

U have almost all gauntlet crew. It’s actually incredibly gauntlet heavy. I think the queen would be a good choice for u because command comes up so often in shuttle missions. Once you pick her don’t stop until fully fuzed.

Btw my gauntlet crew is kahless, guinan, Sulan, seven, and g Spock. That’s all i use and I will probably never try for more gauntlet characters unless they are better like your defensive phlox.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks! I've been lucky with my beholds and getting most of the top Gauntlet players.