Home Make It So!

How About an Orville/Star Trek Crossover?

I’ve seen this mentioned here and there in other threads so I thought I’d come right out and say it. I’m sure that logistically speaking this would be a bit of a nightmare and probably an expensive one to boot. Nevertheless, what does everyone here think about this kind of idea?

Frankly, I think that out of all of the shows going on today, The Orville is the one to have truly inherited the spirit of Star Trek. It may not have that anywhere in its name or anything but we can all recognize the influences within its structure. It’s great Sci-fi with some comedy thrown in and they even often tackle moral and socio-political issues, sometimes in an obsurdly allegorical manner, but effective anyhow.

Best of all, to me, it is a seriously positive show, filled with hope and a bright future. Basically, it’s what Star Trek has always been, for the most part, and what the current incarnation mostly lacks. I agree that STD has its moments, especially so far in the second season, but when it comes down to it, The Orville is still more Star Trek than the current actual Star Trek. This is, of course, all just my own personal way of perceiving things.

Anyhow, my whole point is, wouldn’t it be awesome to mix the two up a little? I know the ST copyright stuff is probably a pretty expensive deal, but what about The Orville I know it’s for a different network and all, but it IS still a super new show, so maybe not as expensive or bank-breaking as other shows? I really don’t know anything about those areas or details.

I guess my point here is, are there other players that feel as I do? I would love for DB to acquire some rights and make us a mega-event or two with some kind of multi-universal occurrence where characters from The Orville team up with Star Trek characters and awesomeness ensues. Plus, I’d love for this game to get a Legendary Yaphett and have a chance to get Kasidy Yates to team up with Doctor Claire Finn.

So, if enough people approve, that’s what I’d like DB to make so. Get us some Orville crew and ships and let’s mix them up with our beloved ST crew members.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if enough people approve, that’s what I’d like DB to make so. Get us some Orville crew and ships and let’s mix them up with our beloved ST crew members.

Please gawd no.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    They'd never stoop to even acknowledge the Orville, let alone do a crossover.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • They'd never stoop to even acknowledge the Orville, let alone do a crossover.

That's because they know a better product when they see it. I refuse to pay to watch Discovery and it pushes the SJW agenda too much instead of story. I also don't like Sonequa Martin Green, she's marginal as an actress and I hated her on TWD.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sort of redundant since there are sooooo many Trek actors in Orville.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    They'd never stoop to even acknowledge the Orville, let alone do a crossover.

That's because they know a better product when they see it. I refuse to pay to watch Discovery and it pushes the SJW agenda too much instead of story. I also don't like Sonequa Martin Green, she's marginal as an actress and I hated her on TWD.

I hated her on TWD too but I think she's great as Michael.
  • Please no , prince bashir was a stretch , but I guess he counts as non cannon.
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    “No soup for you! Come back, never!”

Going to have to pass on this idea.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    No. I enjoy the show, but it isn't Trek.
  • I rather like this idea. I think Orville is better trek than discovery...lol
  • Let's not, and say we did.

Waaaaaaayyyyyyyy bad idea.