Home Ready Room
Options

Begold help

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
Third star would seem logical but wonder if there is a case for the other two
giuarlkrcz2u.png
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spock is most likely to be useful in an event. Others depend on your crew. If it were me, I would add to Bashir.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have that Jake or Spock (or any 5* Spock for that matter!) ... and they don't really seem the greatest ...

- Jake - Not with these 3 options and my crew (plenty of DIP/SEC/MED 5*s already) and don't need him for his collection.

- Spock - Maybe, because I don't have any 5* Spock, but I don't see another reason to pick him. I also kinda need new crew to level, down to my last 2 (with plenty of open crew space), but is that a good reason? ...

- Bashir - Yes, I also have him 2/5 and he is actually on my shortlist of crew (top 5) to cite due to his decent skill combo ... he's one of 2 CMD/DIP/MED 5*s I have (Age of Sail Crusher is the other). He already makes certain voyages and is a good Bashir variant for Bashir events. He also helps me with two collections I'd like to get further in ...

But like I said, people who actually have that Jake and Spock can probably provide better input. The above is strictly how I'd look at the choices with my current crew.
  • Options
    Yep I went with the third star in the end, I have Captain Spock so I don't think I am missing too much there, if it had been Gangster Spock things might have been different. I thought Jake was an unusual one with med but then realised it was only a tertiary skill.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got Kohlinar Spock at 1/5* FE and he rarely gets any use. Spock events and a handful of voyages is it, though my DIP/COM crew is admittedly pretty robust. In any case, I usually recommend additional stars anyway even if it’s only the second - given that you’d be getting a third star, Bashir is definitely the way to go here.
  • Options
    Personally, I’d got with Running From Bees Jake, simply because he looks awesome, has three skills that are an uncommon combo, and is a pretty rare pull. Obviously the 3rd star on Bashir would be more useful though, but Jake would likely be more fun.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Personally, I’d got with Running From Bees Jake, simply because he looks awesome, has three skills that are an uncommon combo, and is a pretty rare pull. Obviously the 3rd star on Bashir would be more useful though, but Jake would likely be more fun.

I agree the art is nice. However, the skills aren’t that rare upon further review:

-there are plenty of other DIP-primary/SEC-secondary crew out there
    -MED and DIP are often together for crew but are rare in regular or event shuttle slots (and rarer yet in order of DIP then MED)
    -two mega event recurring legendaries have these three skills and should be pretty universal except for newer players

If his skills were in another order, like SEC/MED/DIP, he would be far more valuable. As it is...star #3 on an even rarer skill pairing would be hard for most people to say no to.
  • Options
    They're all sexy, so go with whomever you wish.

Behold*
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Options
    Dancin Uhura has the best stats maybe but ...
    mgbr6f7pw1s5.png
  • Options
    Dancin Uhura has the best stats maybe but ...
    mgbr6f7pw1s5.png

I'd go for The Traveller ... the other two just don't seem that appealing ... well unless you really want a DIP bas stat crew then Uhura.

I have both Uhura and The Traveller ... the second gets on voyages during certain events/voyage skill combos ... also, his event is up for a re-run soon.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Traveler has been good for me.
  • Options
    The Traveler’s secondary skills are a bit weak but his ENG is still pretty good. Uhura has 1000+ bases in both skills and Rejac would have the same with a little help from collection/starbase bonuses, although both have only two skills and common ones at that.

I would lean towards the Traveler here unless you are loaded on engineers. Uhura would be a second choice for base skills and future event bonuses.
  • Options
    Rejac is useful for gauntlet (Klingon, CF, and Duelist) and discovery events, whilst Uhura is good for shuttles I like the fact she has strong base in both skills for the AND seats, Traveller will obviously be useful for voyages but there are better out there with that skill set. I'd actually probably pick Rejac for regular gauntlet use (but I don't know what your gauntlet crew is like).
  • Options
    And today I got a good ouch

zyhjgs8zi3ij.jpg

I'm actually quite torn Keeper has unique skill sets, but Kirk well it's Kirk (Gangster Daddy Cool Kirk).
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Keeper is a keeper. Kirks skill set is a dime a dozen
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The Keeper is a keeper. Kirks skill set is a dime a dozen

I agree completely. I have been pleased to get Kirk to 4/5* because I still load shuttles under the assumption that the AND bug exists as a matter of principle; other than him and the Borg Queen, I’m a little strapped for COM-primary, DIP-secondary crew. For those not stubbornly holding out for an admission from DB that will never come, there is a plethora of COM/DIP and DIP/COM crew out there for shuttle work and voyages...even if you don’t have them now, you’ll get them one way or the other much more readily than a MED/SCI/COM like The Keeper.

The Keeper is one of a small number of proficiency-heavy crew that is absolutely worth fully fusing by any means due to the rare skill combinations. When FF and with some good starbase/collection bonuses, The Keeper can still pull off having two base skills over 1000 as well.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ka20ey89f7iv.png
  • Options
    Doh

zxh3ty7782nl.gif

If I had seen some of this before I had to make the decision, then I might well have gone for the keeper especially when I did the numbers and he beats Kirk by about 70 points on overall voyage score at 3/5 level - still I Ignored the warnings.

But I too am a little concerned about the state of shuttles these days. and although the com dip sec is more than prevalent, The specific COM primary and DIP Secondary combination is actually lacking a little I have a 2/5 CMR Kira and aforementioned Gangsta Kirk but that's about it unless I switch to DIP COM or look further at purples currently in cryo.

Also I am hopeful the Big Sting rerun is not too far off, so I might even get a chance to immortalise him.
  • Options
    Also I am hopeful the Big Sting rerun is not too far off, so I might even get a chance to immortalise him.

Personally, I'd put money on The Big Sting being re-run after the mega event ... would fit after a galaxy then skirmish.

For hybrid it is Extinction Point and for galaxy Endgame.

By the way ... either The Keeper or Kirk are fine ... they both excellent in different areas ... Kirk is great for events and his base stats are decent.
    Those 70 points are not worth much ... but the skill set The Keeper provides is kinda unique. At least you have him 2/5 so he's already of use to you there (I still would like a CMD/SCI/MED 5* as I have none).

So, don't regret your decision ... at least you didn't choose Quark! :) (though he does have 65% in my current DIP gauntlet)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Personally, I'd put money on The Big Sting being re-run after the mega event ... would fit after a galaxy then skirmish.

So, don't regret your decision ... at least you didn't choose Quark! :) (though he does have 65% in my current DIP gauntlet)

Let's hope so. Nicky the Nose, Whalen, Leech all good options from the big good bye or from a piece of the action Bela Okmyx, Karf, Mirt, Krako, Kalo, Tepo, Zabo.... I feel like I want to say Peep Bo next...

Yeah the RHS was kind of blurry with a halo effect surrounding the other two I'd be happy to get either in a begold so no regrets on the choice just wondering what it would be like playing timelines on an alternate timeline having made the alternative choice - now there's a noodle scratcher that's probably best not to think about too much.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    also on a sidenote isn't endgame in danger of being a skipped rerun as it has 2 golds as bonus crew Crusher and the Traveller?
  • Options
    also on a sidenote isn't endgame in danger of being a skipped rerun as it has 2 golds as bonus crew Crusher and the Traveller?

I mentioned this way back when they implemented the new Threshold reward system ... how would they treat events where there were multiple 5* cards in the rewards? ... it is not only Endgame ... but also the likes of:
    - Liberty for All 3 (Faction);
    - Season of Love 3 (Faction);
    - The Genesis Wave 3 (Galaxy);
    (and others).
    ... these have all been skipped, some even before the new reward system was implemented.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't go the way of a solution like Second Act 2 ... where Suliban Reed completely disappeared from the rewards AND Suliban Reed and Reed variants were no longer bonus crew! (I had Suliban Reed ready for that event).
    I also don't see a solution where one of the two is not available ... this is the main reason why I felt that a blanket solution for the new threshold rewards for all event types was not the correct solution ... adding higher VP threshold rewards to hybrid or galaxy re-runs for that additional 5* ok ... but for a faction re-run it would be insane.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope not, I’ve been waiting forever to get more stars on Beverly.
  • Options

Can someone remind me which Crusher this is exactly? There are several gold Beverlys and I don’t recall that event precisely.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options

Can someone remind me which Crusher this is exactly? There are several gold Beverlys and I don’t recall that event precisely.

Because the Wesley in question is a he ... Lieutenant Wesley Crusher.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    and another one hit
    I know whatever I do don't pick Grilka but then it's two skill crew leaning to 8472 seen him in gauntlet and arena. However I have also noticed recently Neelix actually has the best combined voyage score for DIP and SEC - But it is DIP and SEC.

Thoughts?

Edit: It looks like 8472 has 2nd best voyage score combined for SEC and SCI think I might go for that because of a rarer skill set.

trmkr4c9qzq0.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughts?

Oef ... not much going on in any department there ... no collections, no stellar base stats, no great event crew (through Neelix might be okay there) ... oef. Oh, and I don't consider 2-skill crew for Gauntlet and will take Armus with me any day over Species 8472.

--> just go with your gut on this one, pick who you like and scratch this behold off as a dud.

My gut would say Neelix over Species ... I have all the other Neelixes, so he would round off my "collection" there and he has sliiiiightly more event potential (only area I'll ever use any of the 3 choices) ... but meh, maybe Species 8472 cuz it looks kinda cool.
    I don't know.
  • Options
    yeah the pack was a luring dud I went for a punt on the EMA - but alas I got a zimmerman (already immortalised) but at least i did get a begold out of it albeit a lack lustre one.

Going with species 8472 but he may stay level 1 for a while unless a gauntlet comes up that I could stack him with Armus

• Options
    4q3qveivcewf.png

Another meh begold I’m thinking mirror reed but maybe O’Brien has more event potential
  • Options
    4q3qveivcewf.png

Another meh begold I’m thinking mirror reed but maybe O’Brien has more event potential

O'Brien is one of the few two-skillers I'd at least think about taking into a Gauntlet. ENG/SEC is not well-represented there at all. Unfortunately, a lot of newly-released ENG/SEC crew have eaten into his value elsewhere, but on balance I think I still lean O'Brien.
  • Options
    4q3qveivcewf.png

I actually don't think this is a meh behold at all ... I have both O'Brien and Reed ...

- Reed - good base SEC as a 1/5 and has seen shuttle work for me on a semi-regular basis (voyage dependent) ... his SEC for Mirror events is really good too ... basically, he's a better Mirror Landry (who I also have ... can't remember if you have her, but I think so).

- O'Brien - just awesome proficiency rolls for both skills, my highest SEC proficiency roll by a mile (second is Thrax) ... often get bonuses in Gauntlet and if you consider using 2-skill crew there you'll use him at some point for sure.
    He might also be a consideration for voyages if you use 2-skill crew there too ... because he's not bad there either as a 1/5 (his total score is higher than plenty of 3-skill 1/5s).
    Lastly, he is part of three collections ... including Timelines Orginals (and Augment, Innovator) ... so that might sway your choice.

Personally, because I have both, I'd probably go O'Brien for the second star ... man, I'd love to have this choice, I'd auto-pick O'Brien in this case even if I didn't have him (though I really like the Reed). :)