Home The Bridge

Daylight Savings Time

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
Hardest part for me is that now the last chroniton happy hour is 10pm, and the game resets at 1am instead of midnight.

Thoughts?

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardest part for me is that now the last chroniton happy hour is 10pm, and the game resets at 1am instead of midnight.

Thoughts?

What? ANOTHER game with coders that can't handle changing a clock?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? ANOTHER game with coders that can't handle changing a clock?

Some of us don't have a changing clock at all. In fact, most of the world's population doesn't.

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only thought is that it is actually called "daylight saving time" :p
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda also prefer when the events end right as the Dabo table and faction stores refresh. Only have to check it once at noon.

But yea, all I meant is that it's much more likely I'm going to fall asleep before the midnight refresh. Third year now, though, so I'm used to it.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has feelings on the topic.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the many benefits of moving to Arizona is no more changing clocks.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    What bugs me is so far I lost a DABO ad spin which should have occurred around noon.
    I did get the option to choose it. Watched commercial after which it told my limit was exceeded. It gave me the option which it never gives unless it has been 24 hours. Let me guess it was 23:30 actually. It should have never given me the option, now it's treating me like I got my ad spin.

I had not used dil. on DABO decided to today. That is it, for me using dil. on DABO . Should have never done it anyhow. But, I liked the items and crew on the wheel today. So went against my better judgement, and then I lose the ad spin. (Probably would have been a bottom row item. But you never know.)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a morning person and don't like to stay up until 10pm. I'm pretty put out by this, especially since it applies to 8 months out of the year for me.

(Yes, this was posted close to midnight in my time zone, but it is uncommon for me to be up. I don't plan on my son waking up and puking very often.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    It annoys me every 6 months, no matter which way we change the clocks. Within STT, it usually takes me a week to get used to the revised timing for various elements. In the real world, I greatly prefer the timing we've just changed to, and wish we could just leave it alone. It's such a bizarre anachronism in modern times.
  • And the times in Chat are now off by an hour. After 3 years....
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun video I share with my non-Arizonan friends after DST:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EUTMPuvHo
    Daylight Saving the Movie
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Well I forgot the event had changed time, so thought I had an hour to throw in my 615 super rares. Got home from work and it was all over, whoops!
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    I always find it baffling that the event is an hour shorter or longer as a result of this. You would think most computers can count to 96 these days.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto on forgetting the event finished an hour sooner, sigh
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    yup, threw me off as well. We dont change clocks for couple more weeks... so everything is out of sync for a while and then it changes again :DD
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
    Meanwhile, the rest of the world has no idea why game times changed, because I saw no announcement and we can't be expected to run our schedule based on USA time zones. If we were going to use a specific time zone, it should at least be GMT because we all know where we are on that (I'm +8hrs)
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the rest of the world has no idea why game times changed, because I saw no announcement and we can't be expected to run our schedule based on USA time zones.

The event annoucement clearly said

"The event will be 1 hour shorter than usual due to the USA switching to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday, March 10."

So anyone who read it could have easily adapted that to their local time. One hour shorter is universal after all.

I obviously missed that announcement.
    My point is still valid though. This is the only game I've ever played that has a mess about with daylight saving, and the only one not based on GMT.