Home Engineering Room

Item Availability/Drop Probability Bugs and Errors

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in Engineering Room
In attempting to build an item for Resistence Shakaar, I poured a number of chrons into Episode 9: Kicking the Nest, which was listed as having a 5/5 probability of having a Rare component Power Cell. Only after throwing about 100 into it did I realize it was a claimed component and shouldn’t have been in the list of missions for farming.

9lnl9u6zfg19.png
cn4zth9vjeov.png
ha9qxe9l1ind.png
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it’s a day 1/launch (or close to) bug that is still unfixed.

They know about it.

CS should refund your chron if you submit a ticket.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are actually lots of mistakes in the game regarding the lists of missions where items can be farmed.

Examples include:
    - 3* Alcohol ... often one of the best missions (Operation Isolate) cannot be found in the list of missions.
    - 4* Database ... lists Into the Lion's Den as 5 pips and states Rare Reward, even though it is a Standard Reward ... don't expect a lot to drop per 10 runs, maybe 1-3, which is not worth 5 pips in my opinion.
    - 3* or 4* Casing ... not sure which, but I had the same issue this morning as the one your example illustrates, luckily I double checked and ran the correct mission.
    - etc. ... come across this quite often actually.

The only advice I can give is, unless you're farming a pretty common item then double check the list and the rewards for the mission, especially for 3* or 4* components.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    There are actually lots of mistakes in the game regarding the lists of missions where items can be farmed.

Examples include:
    - 3* Alcohol ... often one of the best missions (Operation Isolate) cannot be found in the list of missions.
    - 4* Database ... lists Into the Lion's Den as 5 pips and states Rare Reward, even though it is a Standard Reward ... don't expect a lot to drop per 10 runs, maybe 1-3, which is not worth 5 pips in my opinion.
    - 3* or 4* Casing ... not sure which, but I had the same issue this morning as the one your example illustrates, luckily I double checked and ran the correct mission.
    - etc. ... come across this quite often actually.

The only advice I can give is, unless you're farming a pretty common item then double check the list and the rewards for the mission, especially for 3* or 4* components.

There are two bugs and one other issue with the mission list in the build screen:

1) As you pointed out, Operation Isolate on Normal sometimes doesn’t show up on the mission list for 3* alcohol. I believe it’s the Epic version of Operation Isolate that is displayed twice instead. This isn’t the only item where it happens, though I cannot remember which others are afflicted.

2) Some items (as the OP observed with power cells and, if memory serves, 4* casings) will show a Rare Reward mission with a drop probability. Non-bugged Rare Reward missions have no drop probability because it’s 100% if you crit the node they drop from and 0% if you don’t. Only the Standard Reward missions should show the drop probability.

3) The dot system for drop probability isn’t very accurate. Take 3* casings for example: actual drop testing shows that Pirate Problems on Epic has a drop rate about on par with Field Modifications on Elite. Pirate Problems is listed at 2/5 while Field Modifications is 3/5. Pretense of Mercy on Epic has an observed runs-per-unit that is more than twice that for Pirate Problems but has the same 2/5 rating. It’s a system that could be charitably called “inaccurate”...more negative terms could also be reasonably applied.

Given that these bugs don’t seem to be going anywhere, I also recommend playing CS Roulette to get your chrons back and to check the Wiki or asking around in the Ready Room for help with optimizing missions for item farming.

Speaking of unfixed bugs, the ship battle Stealing The Stars on Epic (mission 7 in the Infinity distress calls) is the mission that has the best drop rate for 3* power cells. Despite being a ship battle, however, it drops transparent aluminum and nanopolymers instead of tritanium and holoemitters. If you’re okay with not getting holoemitters, this is the mission to go with in the future. A Bold Move (E5-M2) has the best drop rate out of missions that actually provide holoemitters.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing the thread title to accommodate additional item drop bug reporting.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I just got burned by the Stealing the Stars bug! ***tsk tsk***!