Home The Bridge

No more 12/24 hour packs?

Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
This is like the 4th or 5th time in a row, so is apparently an intentional and deliberate change.

But special offer packs (e.g. Sunday's 10/10 for $10) is now tied to DB's server's non GMT synchronized clock, instead of player login?
The pack wasn't there for me until I rebooted my phone, then had a 4 hour and change count down.

Why would DB limit themselves to purchases so limited that a time zone difference or minor schedule fluctuation prevent sales?

For me, all the change does is say "hey, offers are quickly rotating and ephemeral, wait for one that suits our fancy and timing".
I assume this game is a limited time only engagement. anyways. Why limit my chances to spend too?

Comments

• [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I am okay with it. Means that the offer will go away faster and not be popping up on my screen so late into the day. I ignore them all anyway as the in-game pop-up offers are all terrible.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am okay with it. Means that the offer will go away faster and not be popping up on my screen so late into the day. I ignore them all anyway as the in-game pop-up offers are all terrible.

They really need a "Do Not Show The Again Today" radio button, like the Special Event Pop Ups in Marvel Future Fight. Offer could still be reached later, if wanted, in the Portal Tab. If they set it up that way.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I am okay with it. Means that the offer will go away faster and not be popping up on my screen so late into the day. I ignore them all anyway as the in-game pop-up offers are all terrible.

They really need a "Do Not Show The Again Today" radio button, like the Special Event Pop Ups in Marvel Future Fight. Offer could still be reached later, if wanted, in the Portal Tab. If they set it up that way.

This. This needed to be done before changes to the Daily Rewards screen.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

This. This needed to be done before changes to the Daily Rewards screen.

I'll add a third voice to that. Most of the time these offers are more trouble than they're worth, and they can always put the lousy offer in the Time Portal.

Good point on the "stupid thing isn't popping all all day" feature.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This is like the 4th or 5th time in a row, so is apparently an intentional and deliberate change.

But special offer packs (e.g. Sunday's 10/10 for $10) is now tied to DB's server's non GMT synchronized clock, instead of player login?
    The pack wasn't there for me until I rebooted my phone, then had a 4 hour and change count down.

Why would DB limit themselves to purchases so limited that a time zone difference or minor schedule fluctuation prevent sales?

For me, all the change does is say "hey, offers are quickly rotating and ephemeral, wait for one that suits our fancy and timing".
    I assume this game is a limited time only engagement. anyways. Why limit my chances to spend too?

The count down probably started when you had been on it last, even though the offer was not displayed. To me this is another bug. On offers with a count down timer, that only last twelve hours, make sure the countdown starts only after a login to the game that actually displays the message. Maybe make sure the person is on the game for a few minutes too before starting countdown. Some of us pop in do something and quickly logout.