Home The Bridge

Okay. That Fur we needed so much of in the Galaxy Event......

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
Was that Kazon Furs or Generic Furs?

One Item needed three every time to Craft it, another needed four.

I need to know which to Farm. Barely made Threshold because I kept running out!!!!!

https://youtu.be/5Md_nDXAOZ8
"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Yeah, that fur was murder...

I bet 90% of my last 1,000 Chronies went into getting them things!!!!! Do a ten times Warp? Here's two Furs.....
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet 90% of my last 1,000 Chronies went into getting them things!!!!! Do a ten times Warp? Here's two Furs.....

You ran the wrong mission then. I would get in the 20’s for a ten run

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to level Rural Penthe Kirk at the same time. Please god, no more fur.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭

If no one else is going to slyly reference your great joke, I'll bluntly reference it. Good on ya.
  • Yeah at the end i needed more furs but had no chrons...so i spent about 1 million credits getting 10x basic pulls...got 3 furs...wasnt much but it was what i needed. I however still didnt get 3 copies of Shakkar, came up rank 2,506 :rage:
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel a petition coming on

NO Fur, Faux Fur
    NO Fur, Faux Fur!
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-)

Furs are a pain. While not the cheapest way by far, sometimes I look at ship battles Secure the Chavez [16] or Garak's Gamble [18] since in addition to holoemitters they also give other useful things for Galaxy or general crew use (Clothing 4, Spices 3, Power Cell 2, Optronic Circuit 1 for Chavez; Alcohol 4, Polyalloy 3, Casing 2, Isolinear Chips 1 for Garak's). Neither of these is cheaper than farming those items individually, so these might be considerations during Skirmishes when you're chron-fat and lookng to earn intel, to stock up.

I haven't looked at all the away missions yet for synergies, there are probably similar there with better ROI...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I wish I had access to the Garak's gamble mission, perhaps the biggest regret of mine in the game, that you can't change.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had access to the Garak's gamble mission, perhaps the biggest regret of mine in the game, that you can't change.

If it helps, it's not a fantastic mission - I figured out its only 65% as cost effective as farming for any of the items above individually, it just *feels* better when other things you might need drop. There are much better ship battles to farm with during Skirmishes (150-200% cost effective for their items), but once you've exhausted them I think the Gamble becomes an option :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had close to 500 basic fur stockpiled. I used it all.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

If no one else is going to slyly reference your great joke, I'll bluntly reference it. Good on ya.
    Someone had to knock that set up down.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you run out of Fur?!?!?
    9vp3aecxbuki.png

Although I do need to stock up on 1* Spices. After I get 1000 1* Databases.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    9vp3aecxbuki.png

Well, I did use 4,000 in the event, so that is one way.
  • So glad that I wasn't the only one that ran out of these so fast. :')
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I try to keep 500 of all base components. I only went threshold. Well, a little higher In my second account.
    After I was finished, and doing my components runs, I was wondering why I had to do a few runs for fur.

I remember when gauntlet was overloading us with Furs.
    Probably would be no complaints if this Galaxy event had proceeded the original gauntlet.
    edited March 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I try to keep 500 of all base components. I only went threshold. Well, a little higher I my second account. I was wondering why I had to do a few runs for fur.

I remember when gauntlet was overloading us with Furs.
    Probably would be no complaints if this Galaxy event had proceeded the original gauntlet.

My daily chores routine now is to send Shuttles that get them, and doing my 20 Away Team/Space Battle "filler" runs where they drop.

Be nice if an Epic M/W/F Cadet Mission dropped them. I've been farming Bajoran Phasers on Tuesdays, just because they are like the Boy Scout Patch/Badge. You don't need them until someone uses them, then you need a 💯 for that Crewmember.......

• Ivanstone wrote: »
    9vp3aecxbuki.png

I'll trade you 1* Spices & 1* Databases for furs.
    4,000 in the event, so that is one way.

Congratulations! :smiley:
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

Let the slaughter continue.... The new Archer is going to use a ton of them:
    xk667z4bhubj.jpg
    Let the slaughter continue.... The new Archer is going to use a ton of them:
    xk667z4bhubj.jpg

Well, my stocking up is gonna take a hit already!!!
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    This thread has inspired me to start stocking up for my daily mission runs.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    This thread has inspired me to start stocking up for my daily mission runs.

I'm glad to be inspiring.

I plan {if the game is back up} to do my Intel farming in the space battle that drops furs!!!!!!
  • Those of you who wasted chrons on the furs ran the wrong collum and should have shopped around for the one collum that did not use them. Once I found that one I stayed with it for the rest of the event.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those of you who wasted chrons on the furs ran the wrong collum and should have shopped around for the one collum that did not use them. Once I found that one I stayed with it for the rest of the event.

Sometimes that tactic works, sometimes it doesn't. Galaxy before this one I tried to find a column without a certain item and was doing good till all three columns required that item.
    Let’s fly!
  • Those of you who wasted chrons on the furs ran the wrong collum and should have shopped around for the one collum that did not use them. Once I found that one I stayed with it for the rest of the event.

Sometimes that tactic works, sometimes it doesn't. Galaxy before this one I tried to find a column without a certain item and was doing good till all three columns required that item.

Totally true, though this one ended up with a collum that did not need the furs. Furs don't drop well enough and once I hit them in the first collum I was like hell no. Went to the second collum and hit them after a few builds. The third collum was smooth sailing and all the items I did come across that I ended up needing to run missions for ended up being easy to get. Well, except for the hypospanner but it only needed 1 in the build instead of 4 furs in the others. Requiring 4 furs was like being slapped in the face with a bowling ball.
  • Let the slaughter continue.... The new Archer is going to use a ton of them:
    xk667z4bhubj.jpg

Well, my stocking up is gonna take a hit already!!!

This is what the replicator is for. I skip over this crap.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess I know one of the first missions I'm going to run after starting tomorrow's supply kit.

The Chavez will be quite Secure by the time I'm done with it. (For those that don't want to look it up - episode 5, mission 6, elite. It's also intel-efficient, since it's a divisible-by-4 chron cost.)