Home Engineering Room
Options

New daily achievements UI

Hello. What was the logic of changing the daily achievements UI ?
The new one is worse in absolutely all aspects, such as it takes longer to browse and the text on some achievements cannot be even distinguished due to overlapping.

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Why does DB consistently keep making the UI worse? I cannot comprehend this at all. It's like they're deliberately trying to annoy the players.

Well, they're succeeding.
  • Options
    Hate it, garish & clunky come to mind. Never needed my glasses before to check what was needing done.

A headache from all the unnecessary color chaos is not a good daily reward of any kind.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    There is another thread “daily missions new interface” 5 pages long in the bridge. Maybe you want to add your thoughts there.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this might belong in this thread, since it is relevant.

Has this happened to anyone else? Also, the same day after clearing all the daily tasks, it said "19/20 completed", and there was nothing left to clear. It was also the day AFTER the Campaigns were over.

l1msk7o7ue6m.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I’m posting this in the hopes that a DB Staff member may read and follow-up with the problem (ideally, Shan).

It would be helpful from a design standpoint to solicit user input about which feature(s) they see existing problems with and fixing those first, rather than changing the UX/user interface because it seems like a good idea to the developer. Does DB have a group of users that can offer feedback to testers and developers, or does the development team simply make arbitrary decisions about changing the UX/UI? It’s pretty basic to solve the issues that users have complained about in large numbers or for a long time before making arbitrary changes or adding new features.

This has caused a lot of kickback because by changing this part of the UX/UI:
    1) created a new problem, and
    2) left problematic/reported parts of the UX/UI unchanged.

May I suggest (from personal and professional experience) that you send out a survey about the UX/UI, then turn it into the QA and Development team? People pay tremendous amounts of money for this game, yet their complaints and concerns about the user interface have pretty much been the same for the past 2-3 years now.

Also, a user advisory panel would be helpful, particularly in receiving input from users that play the game for fun. Developers tend to get lost at times if they roll out updates based on what they think is noteworthy versus the user base. The chat interface has been a huge problem for as long as it has been a part of the game, which is why fleets and players turn to third party apps (Line seems to be the most common) to use in place of in-game chat, which is not only extremely frustrating, but sends a bad message to the paying users that have been asking that it be changed for years (I’m using this as both an example and a real world problem). Not only is the keyboard interface full of problems, but the censor makes meaningful communication very difficult.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this might belong in this thread, since it is relevant.

Has this happened to anyone else? Also, the same day after clearing all the daily tasks, it said "19/20 completed", and there was nothing left to clear. It was also the day AFTER the Campaigns were over.

l1msk7o7ue6m.jpg

I had the overlapping layers happen twice during the campaign. Restarting fixed it for me.