Home The Bridge

The Clown Dilemma

I wasn't sure if this should be put under the wiki edit thread or in engineering as I don't actually know if this is a bug or if it's how things are supposed to work because DB won't tell us, but I'd like to know what others have experienced. According to the wiki, choosing choice A in The Beginning of the End of the World dilemma (and only choice A) will lead to The Voice of the Prophets, where the Clown is available if choosing option C. During my most recent voyage, I chose choice C in The Beginning of the End of the World in order to try to avoid The Voice of the Prophets, but I still got the 2nd part as well as the option necessary to obtain The Clown. I've heard from others that they chose choice A in The Beginning of the End of the World and were blocked out of option C in The Voice of the Prophets. I've also heard that these people who were blocked have been able to obtain The Clown from CS if they have the appropriate screen shots, so presumably that means that the way the wiki has it laid out is the way things are supposed to work, but that's not how it's actually working.

pi7tnnxhr4jb.png
75jgqfddrjve.png

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This is a bug.

I have also gotten the opposite. I chose the correct option that leads to the clown. However, he was already FFFE. So I thought if you have him already, you do not get him again. But no, I have gotten a choice of him again in other voyages.

Also, I do not know if any of the others actually have this bug. Seems like it is just the clown.

I remember in the past to get correct choices, do not pick, just close ap and restart it.

Edit: it would be nice if part two would not show up at all if we pick the other options.
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Open a ticket and provide the screen shots. CS has given me the two Clowns I didn't get in Voyages. I always take screen shots of those dilemas for proof.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I chose part A for Dilemma 1 and did not get the part C choice for 2. I was told its a bug that can be fixed by resetting your game.

In general, I always choose to get the 4* since its more consistent honour. I know picking one of the choices gives you a small chance of getting a random 4* but I figure a reliable 200 honour is better than the usual 160 honour.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also try force closing the game if the 2nd dilemma glitches, I was taught on the forum. This has always worked for me since I learned it, the dilemma should open with all 3 choices after the reload.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    You can also try force closing the game if the 2nd dilemma glitches, I was taught on the forum. This has always worked for me since I learned it, the dilemma should open with all 3 choices after the reload.

I had logged a support ticket when it happened to me and then when I went back in for another screenshot a while later the app reloaded itself and option C appeared.
  • OP, it's worth noting that it doesn't seem possible to dodge The Voice of the Prophets the way you can dodge say A Life Alone, Pt. 2. Because it isn't a part 2, it will pop up on it's own. Similar to how the "Stun the Gorn" dilemma gives additional options to a future dilemma, this one does not prohibit the next, only (supposedly) one of the options.

All of the other ones related to Voyage-only crew appear to be avoidable in the way you were attempting. Just not this one.
  • OP, it's worth noting that it doesn't seem possible to dodge The Voice of the Prophets the way you can dodge say A Life Alone, Pt. 2. Because it isn't a part 2, it will pop up on it's own. Similar to how the "Stun the Gorn" dilemma gives additional options to a future dilemma, this one does not prohibit the next, only (supposedly) one of the options.

All of the other ones related to Voyage-only crew appear to be avoidable in the way you were attempting. Just not this one.

I think that was why it struck me as so odd. All of the other ones work one way, but not this one. i wonder if that's why it bugs out for so many people and doesn't even give the right choices based on previous choices.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, it's worth noting that it doesn't seem possible to dodge The Voice of the Prophets the way you can dodge say A Life Alone, Pt. 2. Because it isn't a part 2, it will pop up on it's own. Similar to how the "Stun the Gorn" dilemma gives additional options to a future dilemma, this one does not prohibit the next, only (supposedly) one of the options.

I think that was why it struck me as so odd. All of the other ones work one way, but not this one. i wonder if that's why it bugs out for so many people and doesn't even give the right choices based on previous choices.

It's interesting because the retrofit is a similar 'two parter' in the same way as the clown dilemmas, and can also be bugged. Haven't yet had a problem with the Gorn one though.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, it's worth noting that it doesn't seem possible to dodge The Voice of the Prophets the way you can dodge say A Life Alone, Pt. 2. Because it isn't a part 2, it will pop up on it's own. Similar to how the "Stun the Gorn" dilemma gives additional options to a future dilemma, this one does not prohibit the next, only (supposedly) one of the options.

It's interesting because the retrofit is a similar 'two parter' in the same way as the clown dilemmas, and can also be bugged. Haven't yet had a problem with the Gorn one though.

Did not know this, I thought the clown one was the only one.
    Maybe the clown dilemmas come up at a higher frequency.
    Because on both my accounts I had immortalized my clowns while the others were no higher than 2F
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure if this should be put under the wiki edit thread or in engineering as I don't actually know if this is a bug or if it's how things are supposed to work because DB won't tell us, but I'd like to know what others have experienced. According to the wiki, choosing choice A in The Beginning of the End of the World dilemma (and only choice A) will lead to The Voice of the Prophets, where the Clown is available if choosing option C. During my most recent voyage, I chose choice C in The Beginning of the End of the World in order to try to avoid The Voice of the Prophets, but I still got the 2nd part as well as the option necessary to obtain The Clown. I've heard from others that they chose choice A in The Beginning of the End of the World and were blocked out of option C in The Voice of the Prophets. I've also heard that these people who were blocked have been able to obtain The Clown from CS if they have the appropriate screen shots, so presumably that means that the way the wiki has it laid out is the way things are supposed to work, but that's not how it's actually working.

pi7tnnxhr4jb.png
    75jgqfddrjve.png

{Raises Soft, silk hand}

If you have The "C" word character maxed out, why not take an option that does drop it if the Dilemma comes up?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Torias327 wrote: »

This literally just happened to me.

Thanks for posting the fix :)
  • Torias327 wrote: »

This literally just happened to me.

Thanks for posting the fix :)

I've done this plenty of times and it always works!!
  • So, is it possible to get the Clown more than once say if you airlocked him and are hoping to win him again?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is it possible to get the Clown more than once say if you airlocked him and are hoping to win him again?

Yes. I always choose the path for the clown and airlock him for the honor since I immortalized him already.
  • MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This literally just happened to me as well. It happens all the time its becoming tiresome. I also get “bugged out “ of upgrade deflector, then can not use deflector. I had just started my game. So not sure if the logout then back would have helped.
  • Loging out and then back in helps.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Sometimes it takes multiple restarts, but it often rights itself.