Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet names lost all capitalization

There was an update that happened today that forced fleet names into all lowercase where previously many were in all uppercase. Why was this done and can you revert it or let us choose our own capitalization?

Comments

• Options
    The bigger question is...why the hell was this senseless modification prioritized over EVERYTHING ELSE posted here in the Engineering Room?!?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Not cool DB. Please fix it asap. Thx

Was all capital letters B4:

i92my01umiah.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger question is...why the hell was this senseless modification prioritized over EVERYTHING ELSE posted here in the Engineering Room?!?

Let's keep zen, please? Thanks!
    Not all systems involved with the game are handled by the same team.
    This is the case here.

The relevant team will look into the issue though.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should now be resolved.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost.....

jhutfzqe6xe4.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost.....

jhutfzqe6xe4.png

Grumble! Inquiring!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's try this again: it should be fixed, you will need to restart though. Thank you!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Let's try this again: it should be fixed, you will need to restart though. Thank you!

No go, but its ok, thanks for trying :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Its fixed here, all back to normal. Thx :)

Checked even ppl in UC and all fleet names display as they meeant to be. Needed a restart though.

EDIT: Thats odd, „patterns of force“ still show no capital letters. :o
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Checked even ppl in UC and all fleet names display as they meeant to be. Needed a restart though.

We were naughty and have to sit at the kiddies table! :smiley:
  • Options

We were naughty and have to sit at the kiddies table! :smiley:

Must be. :D

I don t have a clue regarding coding games and such, but it just seems odd to me, that the fix seemed to have worked for all fleets i have checked so far, except urs.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

That is indeed very odd, I checked on my end before posting and checked a few fleet and it was all OK.
    I will inquire about your specific fleet.
  • Options

That is indeed very odd, I checked on my end before posting and checked a few fleet and it was all OK.

Its Ok Shan, don't trouble yourself, really, its not that important to us! :smiley:
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we haz colours in names again?!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Its Ok Shan, don't trouble yourself, really, its not that important to us! :smiley:

In everything there is always an outlier/edge case, this time it is your fleet name.
    If you feel strongly about it, we can attempt to change it manually to include some caps, please submit a ticket then and refer to this comment so the rep knows the context and to contact me if needed.

Thanks!