Home Engineering Room

Voyage Bug or Feature?

For far too long now I've been getting errors on Voyages over 10 hours. I bring it up here or make a ticket and am told it is common for a Voyage to bug out. Why? This isn't a new occurrence. You'd think a fix would have been made by now. I just had a 20 hour glitch on me twice and ended up recalling at 20 hours skipping the dilemna because there was none, even after 12 hours of restarts between phone and Steam.
I didn't make a ticket because they are useless. At best I get a token that ignores the frankly dumb progress I spent dil on.
Just frustrating that you know this is an issue but let it go for as long as Voyages have been a thing.
Do better. Seriously.

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I’ve stopped refilling AM since I had 3 Voyages - IN A ROW - crash like this at the 12hr dilemma.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    This glitch has gotten me a couple times. I don't know code, but it seems suspicious that the glitch hits when there is an extra digit in the time elapsed. It would be nice if DB would take a fresh look at this.

From a profit standpoint, I wonder how many players choose not to extend voyages with dilithium because of this glitch. Established players can get to 8 hours easily enough. They can extend to 10 hours for 90 to 120 dilithium. That's not a bad deal. But if they risk losing all progress or it takes an extra 4 hours to clear the glitch, it turns into a bad deal.

I have only gone over 10 hours three times. Every time I hit 12 hours, the glitch got me. Now that I have the 20-hour achievement, I see no reason to gamble with extending. I'm not trying to sound mean or grinchy, it's just a factor that I consider.

I just want to complete my Voyage crew. Otherwise, spending dil is a waste. Well, not otherwise. Still a waste but with a small promise.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    This glitch has gotten me a couple times. I don't know code, but it seems suspicious that the glitch hits when there is an extra digit in the time elapsed. It would be nice if DB would take a fresh look at this.

From a profit standpoint, I wonder how many players choose not to extend voyages with dilithium because of this glitch. Established players can get to 8 hours easily enough. They can extend to 10 hours for 90 to 120 dilithium. That's not a bad deal. But if they risk losing all progress or it takes an extra 4 hours to clear the glitch, it turns into a bad deal.

I have only gone over 10 hours three times. Every time I hit 12 hours, the glitch got me. Now that I have the 20-hour achievement, I see no reason to gamble with extending. I'm not trying to sound mean or grinchy, it's just a factor that I consider.

I just want to complete my Voyage crew. Otherwise, spending dil is a waste. Well, not otherwise. Still a waste but with a small promise.

I'm usually in it for the chronitons. The small chance for SR crew is icing on the cake. That's why I do not find it worthwhile to extend. If my voyage gets hung up, then it would have been better to just recall at 8 hours and start a new voyage.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Avoiding "The 10 Hour Bug" is exactly why i'm perfectly content with running 8 hour Voyages instead of spending dil to extend.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • This has been an issue since Voyages was added to the game. I have had Voyages stuck too many times and don’t extend them anymore.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Same here my voyages stop at 8 hours. Today was the first time in months that I purposely went past 8 hours. Got them back on both my accounts. Before needing to refill.
    Crew drop was the reason I went past 8 hours. Managed to get one more crew in one of my accounts. Both went a half hour more.

By the way if they fail to make it to 8 hours, I do not use my revive token I just plain fail. Happened twice on my 2nd account, never on main account since I started going just for 8 hour dilemma.
    Plus on this, is I can start a new voyage right away do not have to wait for them to come back. (Also I still have the token, if they ever fix this bug I will use them on a long voyage. Also, probably will have enough tokens by the time they fix it to get all the dilemmas)

The Iampicard tool unstuck voyages. That has to mean it's the client that is failing.
  • This feature just makes the 20 hour mark a true achievement.
    Has bit me so many times. From what I've seen, it tends to come up when I need to refill just short of 8 hours, which I grumble and do, like at 7:58, knowing that my 95whatever Dil buys me the 8hr and 10hr dilemmas.
    That said, it could just also be that those are often the circumstances that have me going to 10hr in the first place, but I do also miss the free recall right after the 8hr mark at times.
    tl;dr - ridiculous this hasn't been fixed
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    For me I am just barely making the Dilemma with AM When voyage gets stuck. Does not mean it will get stuck. But, only these have gotten stuck.

My concern on a long voyage, this barely making dilemma, will happen a few times.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve stopped refilling AM since I had 3 Voyages - IN A ROW - crash like this at the 12hr dilemma.

I stopped refilling when Yar Gate happened. I still have all the mail tokens and earned tokens too.
  • My “glitch” recurring problem is you pick the correct path, actually get lucky enough for a part 2 or 3 to pop up and the chosen path is blank. So you dont get the choice.
    Example: retrofit.. choose either upgrade deflector or torpedo’s. Choose “A” upgrade deflector or “B” torpedo development. then when dilemma “tools at hand” pops choice “B” is use the deflector and choice “c” is use the torpedo. So again today in retrofit i chose upgrade deflector then when tools at hand popped choice B was blank and said i needed to have chosen upgrade deflector for choice B to be avail. I DID!!!!!
    Most times if my voyage produces an ongoing story or “parts” dilemma it tells me i have chosen wrong on the prior dilemma and the choice to complete the task or get the chosen reward is blank. It lies. My voyage lies to me all the time. Highly frustrating.
    This is why i dont spend di to extend. If it fails i just start another.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I was given the wrong choices on the one with the Gorn.
    I went back in the voyage log and saw I picked the Gorn. The choices it gave me was for picking the Andorian. Of course does not really matter on the rewards.
    But the solution is to close the ap and reopen it. That should give you the correct choices.

@Jedzrilanna croishven I do agree with you on not refilling.
    Though if you ever get the wrong choices just close the ap without choosing any answer.
    Restart Ap should get correct choices.
    This is most important for getting the voyage exclusive crew.
    The example you gave and I gave, probably do not matter in the rewards it gives. But I am not sure, you may get 600 schematics or 5* replicator fuel. When it's the first time after a server update?
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a glitch that has yet to be fixed, but thank goodness for that new interface.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    It is a glitch that has yet to be fixed, but thank goodness for that new interface.

I read your comment twice. On the second, I realized a few seconds after I read it, what you meant. I must be tired. Good one😉😊
  • Voyage program is loaded with bugs. I’ve emailed DB support numerous times to fix the issues.
    All the money they make I can’t beleive they can’t dedicate some developer resource to fix the issues.

I’m at the point where I am getting 9+hr voyages almost every time. I got ten hour voyages at least once a week. So at this point I am not going to extend anymore. It’s a crapshoot when you extend.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Voyage program is loaded with bugs. I’ve emailed DB support numerous times to fix the issues.
    All the money they make I can’t beleive they can’t dedicate some developer resource to fix the issues.

I’m at the point where I am getting 9+hr voyages almost every time. I got ten hour voyages at least once a week. So at this point I am not going to extend anymore. It’s a crapshoot when you extend.

They are too busy changing the daily missions screen that was fine into the abomination it is now.