Home The Bridge

Pro tip: make the Dabo Wheel work for you!

Most have a fair amount of super rare crew sitting un-leveled. With a little time spent in the crew wiki, you can level select crew to about level 50 or so, and leave them there without equipping gear, causing the dabo wheel to have a better chance to spawn hard to make 3* equipment. An example I use is Galen (Picard variant). At level 50 he requires 3* Science Experiment and 3* Neural Processor which are both problematic to make. Find a few more crew that you have that use these, level them up to that point, and they will fairly often pop up in the Dabo Wheel on the second row. It doesn't happen every time, and you still have to roll them on the wheel, but I usually pickup 2ish a month. I always roll 5000 credits + 10 dil, sometimes 30 dil if the choices are really good. Those 3* Science Experiments are handy!

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it usually will have items I need there but again it helps to have a few crew needing rare items. Just one or two might not happen every day. 5 or 6 may always have two items that your crew need. Also it does not hurt to not equip items that can be useful. Three star identification codes will always be something crew will need. Science experiment another. Try to leave these items that are always needed unequipped.🖖
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the above, the gauntlet sometimes drops ready-to equip items too. So the above tactic will yield you useful items from both Dabo and the gauntlet
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Funny, my dabo "strategy" is almost the complete reverse. I used to spin 2-4 times EVERY day, now I only spin once a day on the days I remember. I find I enjoy the dabo experience a lot more now, and it is also a new source of amusement ("oh yeah, dabo! I've forgotten to spin this for 3 days!").

Same, I forget all the time, and I'm not upset when I do
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good advice but only partially works. I've used this method of farming items for a long time but still consistently get garbage for people I either don't have or have leveled a long time ago. That's actually most of what I get.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good strategies, though largely my SR crew are all FE now so useless stuff is far more common. I benchmark mine on getting blue prints (replicator fuel). The rest, invariably clogs up my inventory and brings me closer to the hard limit before stuff goes missing, so i try to keep all superfluous stuff in the smelt pot.
    DB: Do Better
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a good strategy that helps a little bit over a long period of time. As others point out, you will still get a lot of random junk too.

Another thing you can do to maximise the chances of Dabo items being useful is make sure your recently airlocked crew are no longer available for re-enlistment before the Dabo reset. It seems to consider recently airlocked crew as eligible in the “stuff you need” algorithm.