Home The Bridge

Was “Fixed Variables” a cliffhanger?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
I closed it before screen-capping, what did Pulaski say? They were attacking in self defense, and kept saying Siirta?

DB, what you getting at?

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really neat if events tied together a bit more. Not necessarily like an eternal mega event, but something like the episodes but told in event form.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be pretty cool if someone at DB's come up with a proper arc. I don't mind the writing on events but I admit I've found myself kind of brushing through it lately - this one piqued my interest.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I read it. But, I do not remember anymore. Hopefully someone has a screenshot for you or remembers.

Edit: Do remember a little Pulaski says that she thought they were trying to defend themselves.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    They are probably setting up part 2 of an event down the road. It's easier to come up with an idea and split it into 3 events than trying to come up with 3 ideas for 3 events. It also more interesting to have some continuity. 🙂
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I closed it before screen-capping, what did Pulaski say? They were attacking in self defense, and kept saying Siirta?

DB, what you getting at?
    I stopped reading the text along time ago and just repetitively click like a man possessed.

DB: Do Better
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd appreciate the game becoming more like ST shows where each event/episode is stand-alone, but with certain themes and story lines woven throughout to tie them together at least a little bit more than they currently are.

With the 5* reward crew now linking the events together from a game-play perspective, it makes sense to change the approach to events from a story telling perspective as well. It certainly makes them more intriguing and less of a disconnected click-fest.

Having said that, I'd love to see a calendar of event types that looks out a month or two. We don't need event names, featured crew or story teasers, just the event type (ie: galaxy, faction, skirmish, hybrid f-g, etc...).
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess since no one screen-capped it, can Shan or someone else post us the quote? I googled it, couldn't find any reference to a Siirta.
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    As shocking as it may seem, this stuff still gets posted to the wiki.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Fixed_Variables#Epilogue
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Great point, pbert, thank you!

Tholians are definitely orange and glowing, however they wouldn't be stealing the Enterprise-E... lets just say they likes it hot.

EDIT: My point is they wouldn't be sneaking aboard to steal it. They'd web it and tow it home, like they did to the Defiant (NCC-1764)
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Siirta could be an anagram of Star II - probably just coincidence though I would love to see a Wrath of Khan event.
    DB: Do Better
  • During the Etana Jol mega, didn't they reveal that the Sphere Builders were behind the crisis? I thought it was weird that went uncommented on
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely felt like we were in the beginning of a mega-event storyline. Wouldn't mind some two-parters.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!