Home The Bridge

Over priced Premium boosts

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
j76lj84l6g12.png

The cost for premium boost pack is 250 dil.
The cost of standard boost pack is 50 dil.

So if you buy three standard boost pack for 150 dil. ,
the odds say on the average you will get:
27 = (0.9*30) 3* boosts
2.25=(0.075*30) 4* boosts
0.75=(0.025*30) 5* boosts

If you buy one premium boost pack for 250 dil. ,
the odds say on the average you get:
6.667 =(0.6667*10) 3* boosts.
*Oops need to lower*. Should be 6.650
2.222 =(0.2222*10) 4* boosts
*Oops for pack guarantees a superrare * should be 2.239
1.111 =(0.1111*10) 5* boosts

I still think the three standard packs are better than the one premium pack.
So I say a premium pack at 150 dil. would still be overpriced.

Clearly the premium pack should be better. That is why I think the premium pack should cost 100 dil. or the same as two standard packs. Even then, people are going to say, they rather have more rare boosts then one more superrare or legendary boost.

My solution has always been to leave the premium cost as is but guarantee each pull to be superrare or better. Then it is the question is 10 superrare or legendaries better than 45 rare 3.75 superrare and 1.25 legendary. I say for sure it is and I think the price would be right at 250 dil.

Edit: I am mentioning this again because of the way people are looking at the premium boost pack in the campaign rewards.

Edit2: I feel sorry for anybody who has bought the premium pull or pack at the current dil. price. Because you can buy 5 standard pull or packs for the same cost and you will get more legendaries, superrares, and rares based on the odds.

Comments

• Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Why compare 3 packs for 150 D, to the 250 D purchase. Should compare 5 packs for 250 D to the 250 D spent on one premium.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Okay
    5 standard packs costing 250 dil.
    the odds say on the average you will get:
    45 =(0.9*50) 3* boosts
    3.75 =(0.075*50) 4* boosts
    1.25 =(0.025*50) 5* boosts

Clearly the premium boost pack gives less everything than the same dil. cost in standard packs. Edit: your right this shows premium pack is not worth 250 dil.

I was trying to come up with a price equivalency in my original post.
    But this shows that one throws away dil. if they pay 250 dil. for premium pack instead of just getting 5 standard boost packs.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have to show what I got from my premium boost pack from campaign.
    y72yarot3tuj.png

I opened 5 standard boosts. 4 of them gave me more superrares and or legendaries. This next pic is the one that was all rares.
    u8bamr5vptzj.png

Of course, the premium was one time reducer away from being the worst possible pull for a premium pack. The superrare is the guaranteed one. So the first 9 pulls gave all rares. So the last pull only needed to check whether a legendary was picked otherwise give a superrare.

But, the standard pack I showed is the worst for standard. The difference for worst packs one superrare boost. There actually is no difference for best just less unlikely to get best pull with standard pack.

Oops: I forgot if 10 rares pulled in a premium pack replace one with superrare.
    Odds of 10 rares pulled is 0.6667^10 or 0.017. I need to add this to my original post for superrare odds. Also needs to be subtracted from rare odds.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fascinating. I would like to contribute to your thread to help you make a case. Here are my thoughts.

1. I think it is worth mentioning that 5* boosts are now slightly more rare given the recent addition of the 2x reward boosts, which only exist in 5* form (or at least if they come in other varieties I've never seen one). The odds of hitting a 5* time reducer for example got worse since those odds for the packs were first created, so increasing your overall odds of hitting the 5* tier with your method seems even more important now.

2. One of the most sought-after boosts in the entire game seem to be 3* time reducers. One can never have too many of them, and this too seems to skew in the favor if your point.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lets keep discussing how broken the pricing for boost packs are so they can do a 180 and nerf the standard packs.
  • Agreed. I just dont bother with premium pks unless free reward or end up in some combo pk. I do not spend di on them. I do not buy those new shuttle packs during events. They do generate on average the same amt of 4* and 5* boxes as the standard. I dont want to worry about a price “nerf” as suggested, maybe they actually change the premium drop rate to be worth it.

But myself just stick with the cadets thurs 10x reward.
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Like the 3rd tier on Thursday's cadet missions, it's pointless running those too. 1 10x pull or 1-2 single premium pulls with the same odds as you posted above. I will have been playing this game 3 years in June and I still haven't finished the stars on Thursday's 3rd tier of cadet missions. The idea of doing them even for just one week's worth of cadet tokens to finish it feels like I am wasting my tokens.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the 3rd tier on Thursday's cadet missions, it's pointless running those too. 1 10x pull or 1-2 single premium pulls with the same odds as you posted above. I will have been playing this game 3 years in June and I still haven't finished the stars on Thursday's 3rd tier of cadet missions. The idea of doing them even for just one week's worth of cadet tokens to finish it feels like I am wasting my tokens.

Same here. I didn’t lol at the rewards list for the Epic version of the missions too closely and was kind of upset when I got 1/3 the number of boosts I expected. And now that we can warp cadet challenges, the merit cost of thawing out the crew to complete them is by itself not worth making the attempt, never mind the loss of boosts compared to Elite.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have been playing this game 3 years in June and I still haven't finished the stars on Thursday's 3rd tier of cadet missions.
    Same here.
    Same here, the EPIC track is pointless as your ticket goes further on Elite.

DB: Do Better
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only plus to the 'Premium' boost packs are they have, from what I can tell, a higher chance to drop the 2x reward boost.

Otherwise, meh. Middle Boosts Packs are the ones you want.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an example:
    I buy 9 Premium Boost Packs costing 2250 dil.
    I buy 36 Standard Boost Packs costing 1800 dil.

The odds say the 9 premium boost packs yield on the average:
    53.84 rare boosts
    18.16 superrare boosts
    10 legendary boosts
    The fraction is due to the packs guaranteeing that you at least will get a superrare.

The odds say the 36 standard boost packs yield on the average:
    324 rare boosts
    27 superrare boosts
    9 legendary boosts

So for 450 less dil.
    I get one less legendary boost
    And at least 9 more superrare boosts (this is on the average)
    And at least 270 more rare boost (again on the average)

This means one legendary boost has to be worth more than 450 dil., 9 superrares and 270 rares.

This just is not the case and I say clearly premium boost packs are not worth 200 dil. That is what I was actually comparing here.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The only plus to the 'Premium' boost packs are they have, from what I can tell, a higher chance to drop the 2x reward boost.

Otherwise, meh. Middle Boosts Packs are the ones you want.

I have been doing pretty good with 2x Reward drops in standard packs. But, it looks like the odds of getting them is just one out of the nine legendary boosts that exist.

So really you have to compare 5 standard packs with one Premium pack when checking data. The only dil, price point where you get more legendaries with standard packs is the current 250 dil price.

My above example shows that if your after 2x Reward boost only. Then the premium boost might be worth 200 dil.

Until DB says 2x Reward boosts drop differently then the other eight legendary boosts, (which I do not think it does) , we have to assume that a legendary boost drop has a one out nine chance of being a 2x Reward boost.

@Mirror Cartman
    Thanks for the data. He gave us data for a 1000 standard packs.
    But as you can see only 20 legendaries dropped for him. He should have had 25. But that is RNG. 20 or 25 is not enough to determine the odds.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13137/opening-a-ton-of-standard-boost-packs-stats

Edit: Though I do believe this data shows that 2x Rewards probably drop at the same percent as any other legendary boost. And that is the reason DB does not need to show a special drop rate for it.