Home Ready Room
Options

Did the new trait changes alter the minimum crew for Cadet Challenges?

I have no doubt Leshy is off getting drunk before tackling the new trait changes for the do not airlock list. But the real question is, Did any of the changes effect the minimum crew needed for the Cadet challenges?

I have seen multiple cadet challenge lists and they don't always match because some of them don't always crit certain nodes. Maybe all of these new traits will change that and a new Cadet Challenge list can be formed.

Comments

• Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    I have no doubt Leshy is off getting drunk before tackling the new trait changes for the do not airlock list.
    If they had released this on a Friday night, I very well might have!

I have had a quick look, but as far as I can tell, these trait changes should not have a major impact on the regular cadet challenges. There are only a few 2* crew affected by trait changes to begin with, and not all of them are relevant to the cadet challenges.

Technician Rom and Commander Chakotay get bonuses on a few nodes, but it should not make them more viable options. The one who seems to benefit most is Lt Tasha Yar, who gets bonuses on several nodes; at best, that might make her a better option over Major Kira or Persis, although one would have to see more in-depth how they compare now in terms of critting useful nodes.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure on trait changes, but with the addition of Festive Jadzia, a few of us in my fleet having been using Crusher, Kes, Persis, Seska, Jadzia, Yar, and Sito Jaxa (seven slots total). They can pass elite everyday and epic everyday but Thursdays. Since we usually only run elite thursday for shuttle boosts this reduced our minimum coverage to 7 slots. We do have fairly high starbase bonuses so not sure if this works with no bonus.

• Options
    Is 7 the minimum though? There might be a smaller crew that can complete at least 1 of the elite mission each day other then Thursday.
    Also wondering about the minimum crew for weekends.
  • Options
    That list of seven can complete ALL epic and lower missions on mwf and Tuesday as well as Elite on Thursday with our starbase bonus.

If there are only specific missions you want to pass we need to know which ones to come up with a smaller crew size.
  • Options
    My point is that if you just want the reward for the challenge itself each week instead of farming specific items is there a smaller crew that can complete at least 1 elite mission each day?
    So if you just do one specific mission on each day each time maybe a crew of 4 or 5 would be enough instead of having crew to do them all.
  • Options
    My point is that if you just want the reward for the challenge itself each week instead of farming specific items is there a smaller crew that can complete at least 1 elite mission each day?
    So if you just do one specific mission on each day each time maybe a crew of 4 or 5 would be enough instead of having crew to do them all.

Three crew is the minimum for what you're asking. Sito Jaxa, one of Seska/Wildman and one of Festive Dax/Pazlar can clear at least one elite challenge each day. I briefly went to a Sito-Seska-Pazlar rotation when I was really tight for crew slots.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Not sure on trait changes, but with the addition of Festive Jadzia, a few of us in my fleet having been using Crusher, Kes, Persis, Seska, Jadzia, Yar, and Sito Jaxa (seven slots total). They can pass elite everyday and epic everyday but Thursdays. Since we usually only run elite thursday for shuttle boosts this reduced our minimum coverage to 7 slots. We do have fairly high starbase bonuses so not sure if this works with no bonus.

Who do you add to your crew to pass all challenges on Thursday and the weekends (if the 7 don't cover it? Do you trade out someone? If so, who/when?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I don’t think there is much need for epic on thursdays since you only get 3 single shuttle boosts rather than a 10 pack like elite and the item rewards aren’t that great.

If there is a Thursday mission with a specific item on epic you need just see which node you’d fail with the seven listed and add in someone to pass it.

As for the weekends it’s an entirely different crew set, I use kang, money, Torres, selar, lwanana, saavik and lursa. Kang is there since he can handle alien sec and gets a roster spot for arena paired with Torres.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    On M/W/F, who is the best chance of Critting the Command slots in the Epic, for Chronitons? I am using Immortalized Promoted Sisko, but he only hits 350 Command, which is just not doing the Crit Drops in that one. Who does better, that I can start working up to 100? Or hope to get, and work up to 100?

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    On M/W/F, who is the best chance of Critting the Command slots in the Epic, for Chronitons? I am using Immortalized Promoted Sisko, but he only hits 350 Command, which is just not doing the Crit Drops in that one. Who does better, that I can start working up to 100? Or hope to get, and work up to 100?

Scott

Cadet Sito Jaxa covers pretty much all your CMD needs
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Scoustar wrote: »

Scott

Cadet Sito Jaxa covers pretty much all your CMD needs

Cranking her up now. She is like 50 or 60. Going for 100.

Thanx,
    Scott

EDIT TO ADD: Level 70 now, 2/4 Equipped.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't wanna crit anything since I 3-starred all cadet challenges on every day. I just need crew that can safely "pass" every node (except first node in UF-M3 for the 2* and 1* communiqués that doesn't give you an item and the final node will still clear easily).

What is the optimal crew now for safely passing every node with the new traits? Is it still Jadzia, Sito, Seven (ENG/SCI double seat for Tue/Thu), Persis (DIP/SEC double seat), Crusher and Naomi/Data/Rom (for Mon/Wed/Fri)?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Well, Immortalized Sito got the second Command Rare Item in the Fourth Epic the FIRST run with her, today......

Thanx for the tips. Seska is next to go Immortal......

EDIT TO ADD: Sito FINISHED the Fourth Epic in TWO Runs. Two Stars to go on M/W/F......

Scott

• Options
    Okay, on Epic "No Man Left Behind", who can do a Crit on 380 Medical, 380 Command, & 380 Science?!?!?

No one I have Immortalized with the Required Attributes for each one looks to be close......

Scott

• Options
    Okay, on Epic "No Man Left Behind", who can do a Crit on 380 Medical, 380 Command, & 380 Science?!?!?

Quoting from the wiki "Ideal crew are Captain Kirk for Command/Diplomacy, CMO Crusher for Medicine, and Ensign Pazlar for Science."
  • Options
    Festive Jadzia Dax replaces Ensign Pazlar as "Riker's Angel" as 5 day Cadet Challenges crew for SCI.
    Festive Jadzia Dax
  • Options
    Skizzy wrote: »

Quoting from the wiki "Ideal crew are Captain Kirk for Command/Diplomacy, CMO Crusher for Medicine, and Ensign Pazlar for Science."

Crusher is like 280 or so Immortalized. The target is like 380.

She can Crit that one?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

She can Crit that one?

Yes indeedy. The Cyberneticist trait gives her an additional 90 points. Wiki lists her at 290 base MED FF/FE, so another 90 brings that to 380.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭

She can Crit that one?

Yes, she gets a boost from the Cyberneticist skill.
  • Options

No one I have Immortalized with the Required Attributes for each one looks to be close......

Scott

While Pazlar is listed on the wiki as the best option, I believe it's actually Recovering Spock. Mostly because of the option he gives you in taking the alternate route should one of your nodes be a failure. Of course I could be entirely wrong, as I'm old and my memory isn't what it used to be.

• Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    IIRC Saru casually crits sci there...
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes ... all new crew they recently brought in can crit the nodes with ease that were difficult in the past ... Odo (DIP), Saru, Jadzia ... the only one I've not checked is Janeway, but CMD was never an issue.
  • Options

She can Crit that one?

Yes, she gets a boost from the Cyberneticist skill.

Thanx. I'll move her on up. Seska is 99, missing one or two Items for Immortality.....
  • Options
    Son of a monkey!!!!!!

Equipped the last item on Seska, Trained her to 100. I'm like "Why aren't you Immortalizing?!?!?"

She's only 1*.......

Scott

• Options
    Son of a monkey!!!!!!

Equipped the last item on Seska, Trained her to 100. I'm like "Why aren't you Immortalizing?!?!?"

She's only 1*.......

Scott

I feel your pain; I've got 3 2*s FE waiting on 1* just to make crew space. I could go nuts and spend on portal pulls but I'm sure voyages will provide... eventually :sleeping:

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well If you get desperate for slots, it is less than one days worth of honor to a 2* citation... again only if its a dire slot crunch.
  • Options
    After grabbing Kahless and Stargazer I'm back to saving every scrap of honour I can find for the new 100k Honor Hall purchase.

• Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Well If you get desperate for slots, it is less than one days worth of honor to a 2* citation... again only if its a dire slot crunch.

Went ahead and used Honor for the Citation.

Kirk is ALMOST there. {Level 100, 2/4 Equipped/2*}

Scott

• Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Of those, I have all but Kes. {Only Kes I have is Temporal Shift Kes, at 3*}

Others:

CMO Crusher: Immortalized
    Persis: Immortalized
    Lt. Tasha Yar: Immortlaized
    Seska: Immortalized
    Sito Jaxa: Immortalized
    Festive Jadzia Dax: {Level 70, 2*, 2/4 Eqipped.}

I'm leveling Dax today.

Scott