Home The Bridge
Options

Downtime?

Just checking if the scheduled downtime had finished? At time of writing it is 10:00 UTC, so 1 hour after the scheduled downtime should have ended. When you log into the game, I still see the "Scheduled Maintenance Soon" message.

The game didn't appear to go down for me. I logged in at around 08:15 without any problems.

Just wanna know if it is worth me starting a Voyage or not.

Comments

• Options
    ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭
    Game went down at around 08:20 UTC and was back up when I checked shortly after 09:00 UTC. My voyage was recalled and ready to be claimed.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    weird I've been in the game for a while now, my voyage was recalled as promised and I have sent out a new one. The maintenance started around 8.20am UTC for me and I logged in at about 9.30am.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Cheers guys.

I guess I just narrowly missed the downtime when I logged in at 8:15.

Voyage is full steam ahead now!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was horrible!
  • Options
    Strange...I manually recalled my voyage shortly before the scheduled downtime, but it was NOT returned when I checked a bit ago. In fact, it still has an hour left before getting home even though it should have returned naturally by now.

Was I/others excluded from the downtime?? Were voyages already recalling put on "pause" during the maintenance rather than automatically brought back home??? Or, am I screwed up and misunderstood how all this was supposed to work?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    It was horrible!

well yes there was the fact my voyage was 5-10 minutes away from the 6hr mark but an instant recall I guess makes up for that - should have woken up a little earlier.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Didn't notice any downtime earlier. Did it happen too fast I didn't notice it?
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Strange...I manually recalled my voyage shortly before the scheduled downtime, but it was NOT returned when I checked a bit ago. In fact, it still has an hour left before getting home even though it should have returned naturally by now.

Was I/others excluded from the downtime?? Were voyages already recalling put on "pause" during the maintenance rather than automatically brought back home??? Or, am I screwed up and misunderstood how all this was supposed to work?

If it was still running, it would have been auto recalled like mine was. Since yours was actually in return mode, they probably skipped it because it was already safely returning home. The shutdown probably just paused all the timers and resumed on start up.
  • Options
    RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭

Force close the game and restart it.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Regolas wrote: »

Force close the game and restart it.

The shutdown should have restarted him. As long as his voyage is returning, I don't think there are any issues.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    My voyage crashed and burned last night, but I just left it. It was back successfully this AM.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure to restart please. While we did force log out everyone for the downtime, we are aware that some players are out of sync. A restart should resolve any issues.
  • Options
    RegolasRegolas ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Make sure to restart please. While we did force log out everyone for the downtime, we are aware that some players are out of sync. A restart should resolve any issues.

This happened to me.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the "KHAAAAAAAAAN!" header on the message window, by the way, DB. ;)
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    I think you’ll find it was “KAAAAAHHHN”

DB didn’t spell it right.