Home The Bridge
Options

Trip vs Garak - injustice?

Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a breakdown of shuttle seats that ideally fit the two 5* event crew in Shore Leave (2). I've fallen into the camp of "sequence order calculation has likely been fixed" for shuttles, but I listed it just for the sake of it.

Tourist Trip (dip-eng) - 3 shuttles
2 in Cardassian (both dip-eng)
1 in Augment (eng-dip)

Garak, Elim Garak (cmd-dip) - 12 shuttles (ignoring tertiary sec skill)
4 in Cardassian (all dip-cmd)
5 in Romulan (4 dip-cmd, 1 cmd-dip)
3 in Augment (all dip-cmd)

Question: is Tourist Trip really a featured crew in this event? Not a single Romulan shuttle with a seat designed for his specific skill set, and he's a minnow compared to Garak's shark-like presence across all factions. I don't mind the Garak-ness of the event (and I don't even have GEG yet), but with all the Eng seats floating about (17 out of 30 shuttles have an Eng option), shouldn't a few more of them have been tailored to Trip's skills?

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Also CMD DIP is not just tailored for Garak - there is plenty of Kirks and a Riker or two that fit the bill. Mirror Garak is almost on the fringe for me and I don't have Garak, Elim Garak
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with both of you. I'm just pointing out that Trip is not only unnecessary in the event (which is fine, since not everyone has him) but that he is almost ignored in the event (which isn't fine, since he is supposed to be a featured card).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t say he’s ignored if he can be a top option for DIP-only slots when partially fused.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I would say there is an imbalance between the number of possible CMD-focused bonus crew and the number of available CMD seats . This has been a problem at least for the last few faction events (remember the Discovery mega...). Not sure what goes into the seat design thinking.

Possible bonus 4 or 5 bonus crew assuming 1/5 status using best AND pair (the 0/5's are ones I don't have but their scores are for 1/5):

4gsvyniizi3a.png

Available seats this event:

p1o68lhcbjzr.png

If you trust the AND bug has been fixed, the situation is a little better.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    This version of Tucker did not exist in the first run of this event. It was created to fit the event theme, not the shuttles. So of course they are not specifically suited to him.

Now you could call it lazy that DB did not rework the shuttles, but same as many users often state that they could well need a break from events sometimes I can well imagine that rerun weeks are the ones where DB relaxes a little themselves...