Home Ready Room
Options

Stuck in a Causality Loop?

2»

Comments

• Options
    10 hour voyages requires focus on very strong crew, don't be tempted to cite weaker crew to bring a voyage to 9.25 hours

Makes sense, an extra few minutes gains nothing, I have Braxton at 2/5 FE, so unless something amazing gets thrown at us in the next month I'll get him to 5/5 with the campaign citation + honor citations. I can take stock from there as to which areas need the next biggest work to improve the voyagers.

The likes of Armus, Surak, Borg Queen, etc. will move up towards L100 as and when, if more stars turn up in the coming months then they do. As said earlier, not expecting to win a gauntlet any time soon.

Right now I can't work any any crew until I've picked up more 'stuff', event only 4* would appear to be at the bottom of any list to long term progression, just something that might help this weekend and maybe in 20-30 weekends time, but not daily or weekly.
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Been trying to get back to this for several weeks but keep getting distracted, mainly by a 7yo granddaughter that lives with us, a bigger challenge than any game will ever be!

Things are rolling along quite nicely, moved to a stronger fleet, factions are now probably my strongest event due to depth of crew, have won a couple of gauntlets (not going to win many as finish time is after my bedtime) and am now more discerning as to where to spend my money.

Around a year after I started this thread I opened a new account, I have spent money, but nowhere in the region of my original spend. Some offers I'll buy for one account, but not the other, some for both, but most for neither.

My 'alt' is probably at the same point as my opening post, the difference being I have experience behind me, especially in spotting a bad deal from DB/TP.

Factions are going to be a write-off for some time to come, crew depth just isn't there and I'm not willing to use resources on purples that have no use beyond 2/3/4 faction events a year.

Cracked on with the cadets, weekends finished and all immortal blues frozen regardless of whether they'd be of use elsewhere or not. Mon/Weds/Fri also finished and may or may not be in a position to finish Tues & Thurs this week, I don't have the crew to run more than one, possibly 2 shuttles at a time, so no reason to warp Thursday's elite. Having subscribed to the campaign I have 89 shuttle tokens at present, the right event and the right crew several months down the line and it could be interesting!

Get those cadets done and another dozen, or more go into the freezer. I see no reason at all not to airlock all other greens and blues until the time comes to chase collections, something that I've not really done with the main account so far, they come when they come.

Main purples that I'm trying to progress are the arena ones, all the rest wouldn't be missed at the moment, I accept that I can't do factions, so why bother about the next few months worth?

No immortal purples, 3 immortal golds, 5+ hours is the voyage limit at the moment, I need to get to 6 for the purple trainers, could/should have done more in this skirmish event, but the main account is the main account.

Trainers are the biggest bind early on, I'm well aware that there will come a point where they will be coming out of my ears.

Once the crew is strong enough trainers are not an issue, but to get the crew strong you need trainers and using them on golds gives better returns than on any other type of crew. Strongly considering that I'd have been better off not working on cadets at all and gone only for gold!

Perhaps next year I'll try a VIP0 account and only work on golds for however long it takes to get one to L100!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post! Thanks for sharing your perspective, @Vid . 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    A year on .... following on from the events of the past few months that saw many people leave the game or cut back considerably on their spending, I've joined the second group, I don't buy the monthly dil or the campaign unless its a card that I really want, no DYCs, no $10 crew and very rarely a LTO that is very good value.

Fleet issues saw numbers dwindle and frequently dailies not being met by enough not to get all daily rewards, a situation made worse by the introduction of Revival and needing ISM to fund it. One weekend a lot of fleet members moved out so I took my two accounts to a fleet I set up to hide in away from the mass of messages and invites. Didn't take long to get dragged into a family of fleets, main account in the 2nd Fleet, second account in one of the back-ups. Not sure that I warrant places in either, do all my dailies every day, but currently events are a struggle (lack of time to play) and I don't like feeling that I'm an anchor holding others that are able to be more competitive back.

Not long after starting my main account, well over 2 years ago, due to not using my primary email address for it I accidentally started another game with my primary email, but did nothing with it at all. A couple of weeks ago I took a look and with time to spare started playing it as VIP(0). Due to it being registered it had a fair bit of stuff in the in box that hadn't expired, 4m credits, 4k chrons, some honor, a little bit of dil and Convergance Day Quark.

I'm getting more interest/ enjoyment out of the 3rd account, having a head start with credits and chrons rather than crew you can't really do anything with from day one gives you so much more to do as long as you don't get carried away and use it all up too quickly. As ever, trainers are the issue in the early days, but the chrons and credits have enabled me to get Mon/Weds/Fri cadets done at normal level and move through a fair bit of the galaxy missions also at normal level. Dropped a few 5* ships thanks to half price Dabo, best at L2 that has allowed me to clear all Galaxy as far as I've reached at Epic level (maybe too easy to do so, but it is what it is). Voyages are safe at 2 hours over the past few days, just need the trainers to push crew levels higher to aim for the 4 hour mark and some better crew and stuff coming in. No idea how long I'm going to play this account (or the others in truth - they've become a daily slog) but right now it has more going for it that those I've spent/ wasted money on.
  • Options
    Team ZeroTeam Zero ✭✭✭
    Simple question, but may not be such a simple answer - VIP(0) so far, but how does that balance against extra slots, quicker to 3/4 shuttles, new ships and upgrades, whatever else VIP(1)+ gives you?

The 4.5k, 4.5k + 20 packs is tempting, as is the 4 Jett Renos + 2 cites from the campaign (hit L120 today), moves things on more quickly, but maybe gets to anothe sticking point that requires further investment and general pointlessness of it all too?