Home Make It So!
Options

New Voyages Idea to Spice them up a bit

ElimElim ✭✭✭
In voyages add the possibility of being attacked by a hostile alien vessel.
The event would act like a random dilemma and generate a dilemma like pause but when the player reacts they are given two choices, flee or fight.
Flee would guarantee safety but at a cost of x%of remaining antimatter.
Battle would open the Arena style battle but you can only select your crew stations from those on your voyage.
Win and you're handsomely rewarded as well as salvaging x%antimatter from your opponent.
Lose and your voyage is lost with all hands, voyage fails and you can either revive it as normal or recall it with crew immediately.
These events should be more likely the longer the voyage goes on as you'd venture deeper and deeper into uncharted territory

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't mind the dilemmas to be spiced up for variety.

Arena battles, unique distress calls, gauntlet fights...
  • Options
    An interesting idea... O: It'd be nice also to have an option as to whether or not you'd want to go into hostile territory/deeper uncharted territory. :P I can see it being a pain to new people even if very unlikely in the beginning of a voyage.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elim wrote: »
    In voyages add the possibility of being attacked by a hostile alien vessel.
    The event would act like a random dilemma and generate a dilemma like pause but when the player reacts they are given two choices, flee or fight.
    Battle would open the Arena style battle but you can only select your crew stations from those on your voyage.
    Win and you're handsomely rewarded as well as salvaging x%antimatter from your opponent.
    Lose and your voyage is lost with all hands, voyage fails and you can either revive it as normal or recall it with crew immediately.
    These events should be more likely the longer the voyage goes on as you'd venture deeper and deeper into uncharted territory

This could be done with an informational or ethical type dilemma as well, as the away team encounters "x" and needs orders how to proceed. Play out an Away Team/Expedition type, with, again two possible outcomes.

Either that or the Space Battle would be hell on the programmers though...just sayin'
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages should also be allowed to discover and "unlock" planets to explore on the Galaxy Map.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea but,

The voyage being stopped at a random point could be annoying. e.g. I do my six hour dilemma at 11:30am on a Thursday. I know I have enough AM to get to the eight hour dilemma. At 1:30pm (UK time) I pull my phone out to do the final dilemma and recall ready for the event, only to discover half an hour has passed, and that the voyage has paused. I now have the option of recalling without the chance of the eight hour dilemma, or not having my best crew available for the kickstart.
    Elim wrote: »

So every voyage I would have to put Killy in, it would remove options for gold/silver crew, and might reduce the overall voyage length.

Suppose I have 35 AM left, and fleeing takes 20% of AM, and a hazard pops up just after the attack. It would *naughty word* me up if I cannot hit recall fast enough, or my signal drops.
    Either place these where hazards are, or don't spawn them below 200 AM.