Home Engineering Room
Options

Can't replicate an item

When I try to replicate the 3* gold pressed latinum for the item I'm trying t build for Zek it gives me an error message. I've force closed and reloaded but still get the same message.

Comments

• Options
    There are a limited number of replications every day. What is your error message?
  • Options
    Also I'm trying to post screenshots of the item and the message I'm getting but this forum won't let me post the pic because it says "You haven't been around long enough to post links.". This is getting really frustrating.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't replicate Latinum in the game. (It'd be considered the same as making counterfeit money.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Gib wrote: »
    There are a limited number of replications every day. What is your error message?
    I know this Gib. I haven't used my reps for today and I have 4 of them. This is an error message.

• Options
    It says, "An error occurred on the server. Please try again.
    -unreplicatable item."
  • Options
    Data1001 is correct. You cannot replicate latinum. I think this is the only item like this in the game since you it can't be replicated in the ST universe.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    You can't replicate Latinum in the game. (It'd be considered the same as making counterfeit money.)

In universe, latinum is used as currency because it cannot be replicated.

In game, they should change from an error message to an informational message saying that latinum's complex structure cannot be replicated, or some such.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    That's a first! I've not encountered anything I couldn't replicate and I've been playing this game for some time. Is this a new thing?

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says, "An error occurred on the server. Please try again.
    -unreplicatable item."

See my reply above. It's true -- Latinum can not be replicated. You can, however, replicate an item that Latinum is used to build (so long as it's not also Latinum). ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Ok thanks guys. I agree they need to change that message.
  • Options
    This is awesome, I have been playing since last September and was unaware that there were things that couldn't be replicated. I replicate so much stuff, it's hard to believe that I haven't tried with lat..
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its steeped deep in Trek lore. When I first hit it I laughed hard --- not used to that level of canon being respected.
  • Options
    I think they said that latinum can't be replicated when they introduced the replicator.
    Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet
    Created a kingdom. Reached for the wisdom. Failed in becoming a god.
  • Options
    I think they said that latinum can't be replicated when they introduced the replicator.

Exactly, its been this way since then.

•SSR Delta Flyers•