Home The Bridge
Options

When is daily Voyage reset?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
It used to be at the same time as gauntlet, but it hasn’t been in a while and I really haven’t been able to pin down what time of day it actually resets.

Can anyone help a poor soul in the eastern time zone of the United States figure it out?

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best I can figure out is it's some combination of time based and mission counts. I've been able to change my skills by running a short 1 minute voyage.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Are you serious? No wonder I can’t nail it down.

Update: You’re absolutely right, it was different when I recalled after a minute long voyage.

This warrants further investigation. What’s the minimum time frame between changes?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the minute refresh works and sometimes it does not. @Shan said she would look into it, but we've heard nothing official, so far as I know.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reset time is still around gauntlet time or maybe half an hour later, but you may have to do a couple 5 second voyages to switch them.

I believe the stickiness is a side effect of the fixes to keep the skills from changing once voyage was opened.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I've certainly used it to my favour on multiple occasions - once managed to keep a 10+ hour DIP/SCI voyage option going for three days.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought the reset had to do with when you ended the last one, as in it had to be in "System Failure", or if you extended it.

That was debunked a couple times, so then I just thought it was during daily server update/reset at noon EST.

Also debunked because I have had repeat Voyages with same ship/skills & same traits in slots for over a week at a time. (that would be many multiple voyages during the week repeating over and over.)

And while we're on it, how come Borg ship is ALWAYS MED top skill? I believe Klingon is always SCI top skill too. I think we need a bit more RNG on this stuff.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also noticed that the skills won’t change until you run a voyage. I waited all weekend once for ENG/MED to change but it never did until I ran it. And yes, if the skills aren’t favorable or I ran them twice in a row, a 5 second voyage will change them
  • Options
    We went down this rabbit hole a while back. You’ll get no answers. I don’t think there is a reset time anymore. When a voyage comes back, there’s no telling if you’ll get stuck with the same setup or get a new one. Best I can figure, if you don’t like the setup it gives you, send out a short voyage for a few minutes and then recall it and it should refresh. If it doesn’t, send it out again and then recall. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the refresh.

This works out in your favor sometimes. If you end up with a perfect setup for a long successful voyage, sometimes it will give you that same setup like 2 or 3 other times in a row before refreshing.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this was said at the time:
    wp6ipbpu1izq.jpg
    I think if there was an answer they were willing to give, they would have given it. I don't honestly believe they like their players to be in the dark (figuratively), but sometimes it seems that way.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there’s a glitch and don’t know what caused it to be random.
  • Options
    Was there ever any followup to this?
  • Options
    It isn't random. It is the same time as Gauntlet end time.

The issue is while the traits change for you on the server, they are very sticky on the client side. You can have to send/recall a insta voyage 2 times to get them to change and even then you may be an update behind. You can test this though and send/recall a insta voyage 5-7 times right after gauntlet reset time. At that point, once you catch up to the server they will not change again until guantlet reset time the next day.

I believe the stickiness was caused to by the fixes that now prevent voyages from being sent and having the primary/secondary skills switch on folks once they restart their app after the voyage was sent.
  • Options
    Fletcher ChristianFletcher Christian ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    The issue is while the traits change for you on the server, they are very sticky on the client side.
    Thanks, Paladin 27.

Which controls the actual probability of skill checks, the server or client side? If the server has changed but the client is "stuck" on the previous primary secondary skill pair, will the likelihood of a particular skill check occurring be based on the server traits or the client traits?

In other words, can sending out a voyage based on what the client displays be "wrong"?
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    The issue is while the traits change for you on the server, they are very sticky on the client side.
    Thanks, Paladin 27.

Which controls the actual probability of skill checks, the server or client side? If the server has changed but the client is "stuck" on the previous primary secondary skill pair, will the likelihood of a particular skill check occurring be based on the server traits or the client traits?

In other words, can sending out a voyage based on what the client displays be "wrong"?

After the changes I think the client is always right (I.e if you see one set of skills on the client, the voyage will have those), maybe it confirms the traits for each voyage when you send it.