Home The Bridge
Options

DB is spamming

Hi,
I never subscribed to any email newsletters and never received any so far, but for a few weeks now DB is sending me spam emails. There is no way to unsubscribe (no link) and no preference in the forum accounts. I do not need or want any emails, how can I stop them?

Comments

• Options
    You can try going to Account Options on the top right corner of the new forum, Edit Profile, and then Notification Preferences.

I'm not sure if that will help, but you can try it
  • Options
    qxqxqxqx ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, a bit to slow as I took the screenshot

nwgfngtq1lnx.png

I've to admit this is kind of misleading, because if you just clock on your username you already see a similar menü which doesn't help.
  • Options
    You can try going to Account Options on the top right corner of the new forum, Edit Profile, and then Notification Preferences.

I'm not sure if that will help, but you can try it

There is no such setting. I get those spam emails since Sept 26. Before 6 months nothing! I hate spam and consider it very bad practice of a company to send out unwanted advertising!
  • Options
    qxqx wrote: »
    Yeah, a bit to slow as I took the screenshot

nwgfngtq1lnx.png

I've to admit this is kind of misleading, because if you just clock on your username you already see a similar menü which doesn't help.

The notification setting is something very different. I am talking about advertising emails (spam) that I did not subscribe to. I am not talking about notification for forum activity or such things...
  • Options
    qxqxqxqx ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, are you talking about the forum notifications about new posts from a thread you subscribed?

Ah, nevermind. :) I don't know how to stop them, I too receive them. I agree that it is not a good practice and there should be an option to switch it off. Perhaps there is one I haven't found out yet.
  • Options
    IIortIIort
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, are you talking about the forum notifications about new posts from a thread you subscribed?

No! Read my previous post where I explicitly explained that I do not mean forum notifications but unwanted advertising emails!

Todays spam email had the subject line: Mega-Event "Discovery: A New Anomaly" Begins Today

This is hardly a forum notification but an advertising email. I cannot even "unsubscribe" to these emails, although this is clearly the wrong word, since I never subscribed. It's spam and I hate spam!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Does the "If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter , click here" link at the bottom of the emails not work? (at least my latest Bridge Crew email about the mega event has that at the very bottom)

Bridge Crew emails used to be something we opted in to. If that's no longer the case, bad DB.
  • Options
    Yeah, you posted in the meantime when I was answering. So I guess you can also read my previous post because I did edit it accordingly after I've seen your post :chuffed:

Beside that, it is always a workaround to use your spamfilter.
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Does the "If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter , click here" link at the bottom of the emails not work? (at least my latest Bridge Club email about the mega event has that at the very bottom)

There is no such unsubscribe link! This option is simply not there!
  • Options

No! Read my previous post where I explicitly explained that I do not mean forum notifications but unwanted advertising emails!

Todays spam email had the subject line: Mega-Event "Discovery: A New Anomaly" Begins Today

This is hardly a forum notification but an advertising email. I cannot even "unsubscribe" to these emails, although this is clearly the wrong word, since I never subscribed. It's spam and I hate spam!

1b1wskyuyyoe.png

At the bottom there is an unsubscribe link.
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »
    Does the "If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter , click here" link at the bottom of the emails not work? (at least my latest Bridge Club email about the mega event has that at the very bottom)

LOL...I found the link. It was grey writing on only slightly lighter grey background and font size 5 or so...

...Thanks.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know what to tell you then. Mine clearly has an unsubscribe link. Hopefully Shan will see this thread and be of further assistance.
  • Options
    I just looked at mine and it also seems shady. Maybe it is just an iOS deal since I can see that izausome is on android, but it is honestly the smallest most hidden font I have ever seen lol. ywpb0f9kself.png
  • Options
    Those emails are alerting you to what is happening in-game. It would only be considered spam if they were sending out emails that had no relationship to anything regarding the game or their other projects. I have been receiving them since I joined the forums months back.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Those emails are alerting you to what is happening in-game. It would only be considered spam if they were sending out emails that had no relationship to anything regarding the game or their other projects. I have been receiving them since I joined the forums months back.

I beg to differ. Spam is unwanted advertising. It's advertising and unwanted, thus it's spam. I unsubscribed now and just hope I will never receive any emails from them ever again.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can't find the unsubscribe link, then I mark as spam and block the sender. If this blocks extra emails from them or raises their score, that's the price they pay for making it impossible or difficult for me to opt out.
  • Options
    i didn’t get those emails