Home Engineering Room
Options

Strange arena ranking

Not sure if this is an issue or if I could have just not noticed something. I play 10 games of arena everyday, mostly Admiral division. I've always kept my ships in all division at top 5%. All of a sudden I noticed my rank in Captain Division I went to 80,000 something. Not sure how this happened? Based on all the ships and crew around me, they have no chance. So, II am easily working my way back up. But from 80,000, that's going to take a while. Does anyone know how I can go from 2,000" to 80,000+ in one or so days?

Comments

• Options
    ZenBotZenBot ✭✭✭
    I’m in all 3 divisions each day and have never experienced that. Did you try reloading the game to see if it was a temp glitch? You may need to send in a ticket to DB support.
  • Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    your Captain div. ship got unranked as you havent played it in 14 days
  • Options
    So, it's irrelevant what your current rating is. You MUST play once in 14 days or you fall completely out of ranking?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    DavidF95 wrote: »
    So, it's irrelevant what your current rating is. You MUST play once in 14 days or you fall completely out of ranking?

That is correct.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were reports of it happening earlier than 14 days due to a bug or something. I dont know if it got fixed but I havent heard of it happening in a long time. Then again, the reports are rare.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I play Commander and Captain once or twice a week to keep rank and I got booted out of the Commander division just recently after about a week of inactivity. I think the glitch is related to change in rank. I dropped a significant number of spots in a few days and then it booted me. Now I try to run them closer to twice a week and I watch my ranking.
  • Options
    I play primarily in Admiral, but once a week play the other two just to stay in the top 10%. My glitch is different - I will challenge a ship at a level (say 24), win, and then discover my "new" rank is some random difference up or down (like 28 or 19). I have also challenged ranks 4,5 and 6, won - and magically became #1 (for a little while). Maybe it has to do with other players changing rank at the same time, and the rank recalculations getting a bit confused in the process. Ah, the joys of asynchronous database updates!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play primarily in Admiral, but once a week play the other two just to stay in the top 10%. My glitch is different - I will challenge a ship at a level (say 24), win, and then discover my "new" rank is some random difference up or down (like 28 or 19). I have also challenged ranks 4,5 and 6, won - and magically became #1 (for a little while). Maybe it has to do with other players changing rank at the same time, and the rank recalculations getting a bit confused in the process. Ah, the joys of asynchronous database updates!

This is a known quirk; if you engage in a battle with someone and their rank changes due to losing a defensive battle or winning an offensive battle, you take over their new rank rather than the one displayed when you chose them.
  • Options
    I cannot say for certain whether it was 14 days or not. However, I really think I would have fallen well below the 2000 rank if I hadn't competed once . But I cannot be certain.