Home The Bridge

Citation recommendations

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I have now saved enough to cite a 5* crew from one star to immortalized. I have a bunch of 1/5 golds, but looking over the best voyager list, I have these 5 that might be best:

Braxton
EMA
Humbled Archer
New Pulaski
Professor Sato
(I suppose Interfaced Laforge should be listed, too)

I have a good crew already with lots of command and diplomacy and security. Engineering and science and med are very good when I don't need a bunch. I know Braxton is listed as #1, but EMA is up there and has spectacular med, though I have Cornwell and Darth Bashir. I figure if I'm going to do the EMA, I should do it soon, but I know sometimes better always comes.

Comments

• I use EMA all day, every day. He's bonus crew all month too, but he doesn't even need that to be the top choice for me on this list.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm really thinking about using 150K of my stockpile to immortalize EMA as well, the key is keeping 100k for the next honor hall which I'd still be good for that

Survivalist Kirk is so tempting too tho, main cast and super unique skills for a Kirk
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like I am not the only one with a citation headache now.
    I have to say Braxton is looking good at 4/5 and will look even better in a day or so.

That being said if I hadn't missed out on the EMA I dare say he would have been in the 4/5 - 5/5 position right now.

He's a hologram and that often comes up in the med slot in voyages, he has good base and good voyage stats and is bonus crew this month don't think you need to look further.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said it in another thread and will say it here: the EMA is great. I, too, have Cornwell and Darth Bashir, plus AoS Crusher and Crell Moset (both immortal), three 3/5* doctors (DA McCoy, Mobile Doc, and Mirror Bev), and a host of other helpers (immortal Mirror Phlox, 1/5* Mirror Troi, and a 1/5* AF Bashir)...the Warship EMA blows all of them out of the water for base MED and voyage MED/SEC, while edging Bashir and Cornwell on voyage MED. Plus his rare MED/COM combo...he’s pretty special.

Not to say that you could go wrong with any of the others you have listed. I’ll say that I haven’t seriously considered putting citations on my 1/5* Prof Sato simply because I am loaded on DIP and she’s great already at that fusion level. That is also why I haven’t even leveled Sarah Sisko, the Xindi Insectoid Councilor, or Falcon O’Brien...as amazing as they are, they don’t help me where I am weakest. I’d recommend taking a hard look at ENG/MED/SCI, figuring out which one of those (or what skill pairing between any one of those with any other skill) is weakest, and putting citations on the 1/5* best suited to improving that skill.

Right now, ENG/MED is my weakest combo followed by COM/MED. I’ve recently been citing Leonardo (as the only person left available to me who can improve ENG/MED) and will move on to The Keeper after Leo is done. The Keeper will also help with COM/SCI and SCI/MED, my next-weakest pairs...then on to Mirror Bev and Gary Seven, at which point I will shore up DIP/ENG with a final star on LtC Dax, a final star on Honey Bare, and four stars on BO Number One. Barring any surprises from events or premium 10-pulls, all of this should keep me busy in-game for at least the next year, probably more.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I just finished my EMA, and have had Professor Sato immortalized for a while. They are both OUTSTANDING.

But your other three are all on my short list right now, too. My only hesitation with Braxton is that he's not main cast, so unlikely to be bonus crew in future events. But he's also top dog at Voyages. So, you really can't go wrong. Just depends where your crew needs the biggest boost.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • They are all good crew but i would advise you to consider spreading your cites around instead of fast forward 5/5 a single crew. It really hurts when you get a begold and all 3 are 5/5. I try to build evenly. Even “elusive treasures” become avail in the main portal eventually.
  • EMA for sure
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMA or Braxton
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Professor Sato has the highest base stat of any FF/FE character in the game at 1517 Dip. While her voyage score may not be amazing (she has decent traits), she ends up being better than many bonus crew for events (I'm looking at you, Mirror Garak), especially when her Cmd is added (950). She was the first crew that I dedicated adding citations to, and I haven't regretted it at all.

While good Dip is more plentiful than good Med, Professor Sato is simply a beast. She also has decent Cmd+Sci for that voyage, which is one of the tougher voyages to build for, getting 1700 score from those 2 skills at FF without bonuses (plus the 1600 Dip score). She should also be added to the Portal in the next update, whereas EMA might be recent enough to be delayed until the following one (not sure about the timing, and it depends on when they do the next update). If she does get added sometime soon, then you might be able to FF her more quickly with lucky begolds.

EMA and New Pulaski are good secondary options. I have Pulaski FF and she is awesome, but her lack of traits hurts her if you put her anywhere other than the Med slots. EMA has slightly worse base Med, but he has really solid traits (plus Med/Cmd, one of the weakest voyage combos).
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Professor Sato has the highest base stat of any FF/FE character in the game at 1517 Dip. While her voyage score may not be amazing (she has decent traits), she ends up being better than many bonus crew for events (I'm looking at you, Mirror Garak), especially when her Cmd is added (950). She was the first crew that I dedicated adding citations to, and I haven't regretted it at all.

While good Dip is more plentiful than good Med, Professor Sato is simply a beast. She also has decent Cmd+Sci for that voyage, which is one of the tougher voyages to build for, getting 1700 score from those 2 skills at FF without bonuses (plus the 1600 Dip score). She should also be added to the Portal in the next update, whereas EMA might be recent enough to be delayed until the following one (not sure about the timing, and it depends on when they do the next update). If she does get added sometime soon, then you might be able to FF her more quickly with lucky begolds.

EMA and New Pulaski are good secondary options. I have Pulaski FF and she is awesome, but her lack of traits hurts her if you put her anywhere other than the Med slots. EMA has slightly worse base Med, but he has really solid traits (plus Med/Cmd, one of the weakest voyage combos).

Sato also has 208 crew behind her that will better her when bonus (factoring in boosts) for single and "or" seats compared to EMA's 65 (3.2 as many) despite DIP having ~2.25 as many event seats as MED. His event count is 15 to her 3 with much juicer traits for future potential.

If we're talking 2-skill voyage sums, she can't touch EMA. His primary/secondary (#1) and primary/tertiary (#3) ranks are pristine compared to Sato's DIP/CMD (#10) and DIP/SCI (#25). I know CMD/SCI used to be more rare, but is actually more common than average now, especially compared to EMA's skill set.

I FF'd Sato during her event and she surely is an incredible crew, one of the best in the game. Her DIP lead over the field when bonuses aren't a factor should be illegal. But EMA is not the card to make comparisons against; his power/skill set combo is insane. The options behind him for base and especially voyages fall off a cliff fast compared to the overabundance of DIP options.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like skirmishes at all, consider holding on to it for a couple days. Rura Penthe Commandant will probably be an arena star on par with Killy. I already have Killy, but regret not having two of her.

If that's not your bag, then I'm with all of the Warship EMA advocates.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added 3 citations to EMA. Thank you, all.
  • I added 3 citations to EMA. Thank you, all.

WHOA

BEAST! :)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

After reading this thread, I did the same, mine was at 2* and now immortal, we'll see if I regret not using it on Survivalist Kirk though
  • Yateball wrote: »

After reading this thread, I did the same, mine was at 2* and now immortal, we'll see if I regret not using it on Survivalist Kirk though

You wont

EMH has been on my voyages almost every day now.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Survivalist Kirk is pretty great at 3/5* for me. But I also have his skills covered by both Mirror Cochrane and Spider Barclay (I am sure there are others as well), while the EMA’s skill set would have to be covered by a mixture of Mirror Phlox, AoS Crusher, and any one of a few others.
  • You really can’t go wrong with just about any of these. The new Pulaski is my highest base MED with EMA right behind her. Both immortalized. You’ll likely get the most event usage out of the EMA though, especially right now