Home The Bridge

Should standard adwarp missions and spacebattles be reduced to a 20 minute cooldown (from 30)?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in The Bridge
As above but here is the fleshed out reasoning - The main reason is the cool down between different types of ad rewards is 20 minutes. This can lead to inefficiency when trying to fit the differentiation of 20 minute cooldowns and the 30 minutes cooldown, whilst fitting them in with the 1 hr x2 rewards and the every 4hr free cadet ad warp daily. It would therefore make sense to keep all reward cooldowns at 20 minutes (with of course exception to the cadet warp and the 2x reward) this in turn, would lead to less chance of skipping/missing ad reward opportunities per day and thus increasing the number of ad watching and generating DB more ad watch revenue. What say ye?
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Should standard adwarp missions and spacebattles be reduced to a 20 minute cooldown (from 30)? 31 votes

Yes
25%
Captain_WhoAggeIronagedaveProontAdiJefeMadman1T'Rama 8 votes
No
35%
milamber42CloneHaBlackCMO ZoidbergeXo | RajiWebberoniPenguinJimAverage GuyAce_RimmerThorozar piruna 11 votes
Neither Yay nor Nay
22%
Jim RaynorAntar3skobaGib - Admiral MarinersDirk GundersonKayJay47Ishmael Marx 7 votes
Other
16%
Hungry Dog DDMPaladin 27Davey1983Captain RomarBylo Band 5 votes

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If you really plan on setting an alarm to schedule or maximize these, a little complexity shouldn’t get in your way.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    If you really plan on setting an alarm to schedule or maximize these, a little complexity shouldn’t get in your way.

I don't mind complexity, I just feel that in this case simplicity might be more beneficial for both sides.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't know. Seems to me if you just set a daily cap on the number of ads that can be watched period, you could just get rid of the cooldown entirely.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't know. Seems to me if you just set a daily cap on the number of ads that can be watched period, you could just get rid of the cooldown entirely.

I think the purpose of the cooldown is an easier way to restrict specific rewards to a specific number of uses for instance 2x reward theoretically is 23 or 24 times a day likewise ad warp would be a similar because on the hour you would be running the 2x reward, minus a couple for the chron boosts or dabo spin.

The question is how would the adcap be restricted to the varying types of ad rewards and what number limit would you place on watching ads
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither Yay nor Nay
    I'm indifferent to the various timings, but I would just like them to add a visual notification for each ad-capable element. It's my own fault of course, but it always grates on me when I think I've waited an hour between 2x-cadet ads and it turns out it was only 59 minutes (or whatever). I'm willing to watch the ad to get whatever stuff I'm trying to get - so make it easier for me to do so.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

I don't set alarms, but I DO keep very detailed notes about the timers...

1lgk11zogqpw.jpg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither Yay nor Nay
    ByloBand wrote: »

I don't set alarms, but I DO keep very detailed notes about the timers...

1lgk11zogqpw.jpg

Duuuuuude...you need this:

l99nge80d5oi.jpeg
  • The delay encourages logging in multiple times a day. Higher engagement tends to be better for businesses.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    No
    I just keep an electronic sticky note on my screen at work, to track various ad-warp/double-up missions and other things like voyages and shuttles. You just have to remember and track the various cool-down periods, and then you can pop on for 30 seconds every 20/30 minutes.

- standard ad-warp = 30 minute refresh
    - double-up ad-warp = 60 minute refresh
    - cadet challenge ad-warp = 4 hour refresh
    - dabo ad-warp = 24 hour refresh
    - ad-warp refresh (of any kind) = 20 minute refresh

Example
    - 0:00 - cadet warp
    - 0:20 - ad-warp expensive farming mission
    - 0:40 - double-up cadet ticket #1
    - 1:00 - ad-warp expensive farming mission
    - 1:30 - ad-warp expensive farming mission
    - 1:50 - double-up cadet ticket #2
    - 2:10 - ad-warp
    - 2:40 - ad-warp
    - 3:00 - double-up #3
    - 3:20 - ad-warp
    - 3:50 - ad-warp
    - 4:10 - cadet warp

Note: I usually leave 21 minutes before the cadet ticket double-up, just to be sure, so I don't accidentally use a ticket without being able to double-up the rewards.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I primarily use the 2x boost on Thursdays and Saturdays with the occasional special or accidental use. The rest of the time it doesn't bother me what boosts there are or when they are. DB can do whatever suits their business needs.