Home The Bridge

Mega Event parts repeated

Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know this has come up before, but per the Wiki we are 5 reruns away from the first Borg event from the Mega. Has there ever been communication around the megas rerunning as broken parts or a whole, and do we think if that happens, they will keep the Borg Queen in the rewards at 25K? Shan, Riker, has this topic come up yet at home base? I for one would love to see newer players be given the chance to acquire such an iconic character, and she is very helpful for shuttles and voyages. I would not like to see a month long rerun, but broken up on the standard schedule would be nice I think. And lets not derail and get this locked by bringing up Mirror Picard, more free copies, or that whole thing. Repeats would be a great chance for more of the comic crew like angry emo Wesley to show up.

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I've been wondering if they might re-run the Borg mega event, in whole or in part, at some point in the future, too.

For me, it might not be so helpful: That mega event hit just when I started being able to place in the top 1k in events, so those were some of my first fully fused cards and legendaries. Over time, I immortalized both LaBorge and Borgway, in addition to the Borg Queen. If they added new legendaries to each of those events, though, or a new recurring legendary, I would love it. What about Lt. Cmdr. Shelby as the recurring legendary for a rerun?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see mega events being repeated. Maybe - but only maybe - individual events could be repeated with some changes to the reward tables, as going back to the old rewards format would make a lot of people unhappy.

For me, Contagion would be a nice repeat to add a star to Assimilated La Forge. Either Zero Hour or Resistance would be nice for first stars on Assimilated Torres or Assimilated Janeway. Moving on from Process of Assimilation, When Giants Walk would help me get a final star on Ambassador K’Ehleyr, Reflections for a fourth star on Mirror Bev and Operation: Earth for a second star on Mirror Troi would be nice, Founders at War would give me a shot at getting the last “Andorian” crew I don’t yet have, Fire With Fire should yield a second star for Vreenak, Turning Point could get me the last two stars I need for Malik, and there are plenty of crew I could use from more recent events.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Dirk that they should only be individual events repeated (but in order as reruns work now, so new players can still get the legend, but much more slowly), but my angle is to keep the recurring 5 star for new players, and honor for the rest of us. Use the updated rewards tables, but keep the crew, and then add the old legend at 400 (or less, less is better DB!)
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan had previously commented that they didn't plan on re-running mega event parts as plot wise, each individual event wouldn't make sense on its own.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that! That seems to answer the question. Although plot and timelines is a pretty loose concept at this point, so maybe they will revisit it closer to the time in the rerun schedule
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan had previously commented that they didn't plan on re-running mega event parts as plot wise, each individual event wouldn't make sense on its own.

And to repeat an entire mega would just be very dull

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 1 re-run every 2 months. There are 3 non-mega/non-rerun events in that same period. They can skip the megas and still continue to have more events to re-run than time for re-runs.
  • Also, we had a mini-mega 2 week borg event just recently. I doubt there would be another one so soon.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

And to repeat an entire mega would just be very dull

They could do it over two weeks by shortening all of the four parts to three days each and running them back-to-back, continuously. If I'm counting my days correctly, it would start on Thursday as normal, finish on the [second] Tuesday instead of the Monday, and then the new event would kick off 48 hours later, instead of the usual 72.

Nonstop eventing for 288 hours. >:)
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not every event gets a re-run. Sometimes they get skipped. For example The Whole Truth should have been the next event for a re-run before Alpha and Omega but it was skipped. As was End Game before it.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't run them exactly sequentially, but they run factions, galaxies and hybrids sequentially. In other words, Big sting will be the next faction, Endgame the next galaxy and Extinction point the next hybrid. What event type they run will determine which re-run we get.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout one whole mega event boiled down to one week. Like for Borg, make a five star Hue then have all the other Borg give bonus, put one in the threshold at 400k and put the Borg in a giant pack.
    Let’s fly!