Home The Bridge
Options

Prisoner Bashir a timelines original?

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone have any idea why he is in the timelines originals collection (not that I mind the free stuff)? I thought he was directly from the dominion prison camp episode?

Best Answer

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I posted that for discussion yesterday and Shan said it is a bug and they are looking into it. She said he should only be in Do No Harm but another poster pointed out he should in Augment Wars as well.

Answers

• Options
    Perhaps the event storyline will shed some light on it.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I'm guessing Captive Bashir will turn out to be one of the "mystery prisoners" the event is built around, but hopefully we'll know soon.

ETA: confirmed bug? Damn. Never mind.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because he's actually Double Mirror Changeling Transporter-split Evil Prisoner Bashir. #SpoilerAlert
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Because he's actually Double Mirror Changeling Transporter-split Evil Prisoner Bashir. #SpoilerAlert

You forgot Alternate Future
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people keep posting stuff like this to get things taken away.

This is why we cannot have nice things!!!!!

They actually got "Section 31" Trait removed from Section 31 Janeway. And it wasn't even that hard.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    Huh, he was my seventh in that collection and I already claimed the rewards (including a very helpful premium pull pack). I assume there's no way for them to take those rewards away, but if they remove him from the collection it'll be seriously unfair to the people who didn't claim theirs.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    cptrios wrote: »
    Huh, he was my seventh in that collection and I already claimed the rewards (including a very helpful premium pull pack). I assume there's no way for them to take those rewards away, but if they remove him from the collection it'll be seriously unfair to the people who didn't claim theirs.

My guess is that they won’t pull back any rewards from milestone completions. They may not leave him there as they did with Hippocrates Noah in the Doctor collection (to cut down on confusion), so it will be interesting to see the resolution. Maybe a free new 1* crew to take his place?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is that they won’t pull back any rewards from milestone completions. They may not leave him there as they did with Hippocrates Noah in the Doctor collection (to cut down on confusion), so it will be interesting to see the resolution. Maybe a free new 1* crew to take his place?

Interesting idea.
  • Options
    They could add Dr. Pulaski to the collection, the one in the DS9/VOY uniform. We've never seen her on screen so she is a timeline original.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could add Dr. Pulaski to the collection, the one in the DS9/VOY uniform. We've never seen her on screen so she is a timeline original.

She is from a comic.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited April 2019

She is from a comic.

Which, to people who take Star Trek a little more too serious than I do, would make her "non-canon"........

I consider the books, most of which have to be approved and have to follow listed guidelines to be okayed, to be"official enough". Without the books, we would never know why some ancient race built the planet-eating funnel in "The Doomsday Machine"..........

EDIT: "Machine", not "Device". (The "slightly more too serious" people would never get a title wrong!!!)
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

She is from a comic.

Which, to people who take Star Trek a little more too serious than I do, would make her "non-canon"........

I consider the books, most of which have to be approved and have to follow listed guidelines to be okayed, to be"official enough". Without the books, we would never know why some ancient race built the planet-eating funnel in "The Doomsday Device"..........

“Non-canon” =/= an original character created by DB. Same applies to the Mirror TNG characters - unless DB has purchased IDW Comics, I suppose.

"Non-canon" clearly means to some people "did not appear onscreen in a TV series or movie". Just saying that is how some people define it here.
  • Options

She is from a comic.

I consider the books, most of which have to be approved and have to follow listed guidelines to be okayed, to be"official enough". Without the books, we would never know why some ancient race built the planet-eating funnel in "The Doomsday Device"..........

“Non-canon” =/= an original character created by DB. Same applies to the Mirror TNG characters - unless DB has purchased IDW Comics, I suppose.

"Non-canon" clearly means to some people "did not appear onscreen in a TV series or movie". Just saying that is how some people define it here.

And the name of the collection is “Timelines’ Originals” rather than “Never Seen On Screen.”

Have a nice evening.
  • Options
    cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭

Great idea. You'd want it to be something silly, too, so nobody will mind freezing it. i vote Maitre D' Picard.

LA-Story-Mr-Perdue-Maitre-D-at-L-Idiot-9.jpg
  • Options

She is from a comic.

And the name of the collection is “Timelines’ Originals” rather than “Never Seen On Screen.”

Good point. I thought the other comic book characters were in there. I guess I should have checked.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

She is from a comic.

Good point. I thought the other comic book characters were in there. I guess I should have checked.

Maybe there will be more comic book crossover characters and a new collection could be created just for them? Or if they find a way to bring in characters from other media (like Captain Shon or Commander Jarok from STO, Human-like Data or Calhoun or Mirror Paris or Captain Riker from various novels, T’Uerell from ST Legacy, or Ensign Munro from ST Voyager: Elite Force), it could be expanded to all non-DB non-canon crew?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    More comic books crossovers has me salivating as I just realized that the New Frontier crew is actually part of the comics continuity.

Come on DB, you can have all of my money for Mackenzie Calhoun.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    More comic books crossovers has me salivating as I just realized that the New Frontier crew is actually part of the comics continuity.

Each to their own I suppose, but I have absolutely zero interest in any characters from comics, books or fan flicks.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    robownage wrote: »

Each to their own I suppose, but I have absolutely zero interest in any characters from comics, books or fan flicks.

I guess it's because I've spent countless hours reading these adventures. The Starfleet Academy book series was the first series of books I ever collected, likewise for the Starfleet Academy comic books. New Frontier was *huge* when that first series of novellas came out and I remember salivating at getting my hands on them.

I get the hate for all that is non-canon, but for me it's fun to see these elements from my childhood revisited.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Can we add the “Stoned” trait?q79vpd5a5izo.jpeg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »
    Can we add the “Stoned” trait?q79vpd5a5izo.jpeg

HA!!!!

• Options