Home The Bridge
Options

Time for DB to increase room levels again? 134 Starbase has been achieved by more than 1 fleet now.

As well as increasing the room levels, DB could look at adding a Crew Slot room, and increasing the levels of the Chroniton room, number of extra Replications per day.. etc...

Answers

• Options
    I agree with you Paladin. Stat rooms are fine as is.
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Why not just have the reclamation units reset to 0 once they reach max. We wouldn't have to bother with this issue again.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. A 10% increase in the stats is enough.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Madman1 wrote: »
    Why not just have the reclamation units reset to 0 once they reach max. We wouldn't have to bother with this issue again.

They do reset don’t they? I thought that was the whole idea - fill them up, get a few replicator rations, then they reset again.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madman1 wrote: »

They do reset don’t they? I thought that was the whole idea - fill them up, get a few replicator rations, then they reset again.

Yep, spot on.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could maybe see an argument for having the reclamation rooms give something more interesting after a couple of uses, but the 10% increase on stats is definitely more than enough.
  • Options
    Madman1Madman1 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, we obviously aren't at that level yet. In that case I think the 10% room bonuses are enough.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If so, please don t increase the skill base and prof boosts any further. 10% is already enough of a gap between players that don t wanna join any fleets, low lv starbase fleets and top fleets.

And i don t say this because my current fleet has a LV69 starbase only, this was already my opinion when i was in a top fleet(event rank wise) that always had the highest starbase lv.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    If so, please don t increase the skill base and prof boosts any further. 10% is already enough of a gap between players that don t wanna join any fleets, low lv starbase fleets and top fleets.

And i don t say this because my current fleet has a LV69 starbase only, this was already my opinion when i was in a top fleet(event rank wise) that always had the highest starbase lv.

My thoughts and situation are almost exactly the same (LV71 now, 118+ before). I would not mind new rooms for some of the suggested items, but more than that, what I would like is this:
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if the rest of us could have a chance to catch up.

One way to do this would be to remove the donation limit of 700 per day per member. If removing the limit isn’t feasible, then an order-of-magnitude increase might also work well.

I tend to think of the Starbase stats buffs in the same manner as the exclusivity of the older Gauntlet reward cards. After a certain amount of time has passed for players to enjoy their hard-earned advantage(s), it might be time to re-level the playing field somewhat to maintain other players’ interest. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it is fine as it is. More than one fleet has maxed starbase. How many more, two? Ten? There are thousands of starbases. Let's wait till we hit at least 30% before discussing more starbase rooms and increase disparity more.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping for a room that increases antimatter

This would be great. Maybe ten Levels, each increasing Antimatter by either one percent on all Ships, or maybe a flat +10 AM.

#MVGA
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭

My thoughts and situation are almost exactly the same (LV71 now, 118+ before). I would not mind new rooms for some of the suggested items, but more than that, what I would like is this:
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if the rest of us could have a chance to catch up.

One way to do this would be to remove the donation limit of 700 per day per member. If removing the limit isn’t feasible, then an order-of-magnitude increase might also work well.

I tend to think of the Starbase stats buffs in the same manner as the exclusivity of the older Gauntlet reward cards. After a certain amount of time has passed for players to enjoy their hard-earned advantage(s), it might be time to re-level the playing field somewhat to maintain other players’ interest. 🖖🏻

Yeah, removing that 700 a day limit would help a lot. That cap made sense in the beginning, but DB really unbalanced things when they doubled all the core skill/proficiency skill rooms. Now it literally takes a year or more to catch up and makes it incredibly difficult to recruit for newer starbases. I thought it was a horrible idea when they did it, and as the admiral of a brand new fleet, it's even worse than I thought it was. If they removed that limit, people who didn't want to be in a starbase with other people could just start their own and not be at such a disadvantage, because they could just build their own starbase, albeit at a slower pace.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Additional levels just make it harder for newer fleets to become competitive. In fact, I think it would have been been better if the stat rooms stopped at level 5 or 7 and the reclamation rooms added earlier.
    I agree here, I was wary when they first introduced them and increasing the stats would just make the big fleets better (we have ours maxed).

I would like to see additional rooms for increased Antimatter (voyages) and ship HP and Damage for the Arena/Skirmishes but buffing the already released buffs would cause more problems than good imho.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoping for a room that increases antimatter

This would be great. Maybe ten Levels, each increasing Antimatter by either one percent on all Ships, or maybe a flat +10 AM.

#MVGA

A shipyard.....increases for anti-matter, attack, defense, shields and hull ratings, works for me :smiley:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like accomplishing a major long time goal and resting on those laurels
  • Options
    I'd be okay with a daily limit staying in place as long as it was increased dramatically, say doubled or tripled.