Home The Bridge
Options

When will we see the return of Pike’s Enterprise?

With the end of season 2 for Disco on the horizon, and the Enterprise finally showing off its beautiful bridge, can we expect it to return to the game in short order??

Answers

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaptPetey wrote: »
    With the end of season 2 for Disco on the horizon, and the Enterprise finally showing off its beautiful bridge, can we expect it to return to the game in short order??

Probably no later than the Pike spin-off on All Access, at the latest.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I would expect it to show up as an Arena reward in a few months. That seems to be what they're doing with former Skirmish ships, which I fully endorse.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like Star Trek written by someone with ADD, trying to fit it within their attention span.

I think they are targeting such audience. Someone thinks that todays viewers lose concentraction after 20 minutes. But hardcore ST fans are science savvy analysts, statisticians, philosophers, ... with concentration and memory span reaching 40 or more years back towards past shows. :)
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    One would hope that if there is a Pike spin-off, they Target the elements that we have seen in Pike this season. A thoughtful, wise leader, who leads well and inspires his crew. We don't wanna see magic mushrooms and thirty foot long microscopic animals. We want to see Pike lead his crew well, and use his wisdom on the new planet of the week. This is the captain who flew the Enterprise right before TOS. Take us back to TOS type stories.

EDIT: AND NO SPACE WHALES!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Heck one of the secondary characters they killed off only had a backstory in the same episode they killed her off in. It's like Star Trek written by someone with ADD, trying to fit it within their attention span.

I kind of feel the opposite. This is Star Trek, modernized to hold up well against today's proven model of one hour dramas that are almost universally serialized and not episodic, and which reward viewers for attention to detail and retaining an entire season's worth of stories (or more) at all times.

A by-product of things not being all neat and tidy in 60 minute packets where everything ends in the exact same place as it began, you do get some weird ebbs and flows. Seemingly major characters may be de-emphasized, secondary characters may suddenly leap to the forefront and might even suddenly die if it serves a storyline purpose. I honestly can't think of a single show I watch that doesn't more or less follow this model.

Self-contained episodic dramas may still be viable for the 10pm CBS timeslot for easy consumption by our parents' demographic, but we're coming up on 2 decades of this being pretty much standard for the class of "prestige" dramas that started with The Sopranos and spawned everything from Breaking Bad to Game of Thrones. I, personally, approve of a Star Trek that looks and feels like the best shows on TV, and not like "NCIS: The One With The Quantum Leap Guy," though I understand if your mileage varies.

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I really like Anson Mount but I do not think a Pike spin-off will happen.
    They are foreshadowing pretty hard that Pike's injury will be in the season finale Thursday.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are foreshadowing pretty hard that Pike's injury will be in the season finale Thursday.
    The injury seen in the flashforward on Boreth? That was the accident on the cadet vessel shortly before 'The Menagerie', surely - it led right into him being in the Beep Boop Chair. I mean Pike may be worried that he's about to get a load of delta radiation to the face during the battle, since he didn't get the date on his vision, but he's guaranteed fine for a few more years.
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    The injury seen in the flashforward on Boreth? That was the accident on the cadet vessel shortly before 'The Menagerie', surely - it led right into him being in the Beep Boop Chair. I mean Pike may be worried that he's about to get a load of delta radiation to the face during the battle, since he didn't get the date on his vision, but he's guaranteed fine for a few more years.
    Yeah. I think we are not even close to the cadet training mission. Also, they could easily do a Pike centric show set before or after "The Cage". Doesn't Pike mention some other misadventures in "The Cage", besides the incident with the big dude on Rigel X?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think a tv show is what you would want to do with Pike but a movie. Tell an awesome story and put it in the theaters.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Wow, I had no idea I would drum up this much dialogue when I posted my original question. :). I do agree with you, Kaitee, all of the visuals in DISCO are pretty stunning, but the bridge of 1701....there was some special love put into that. I think they did it right. I would love for a Pike-centered show. He has been my favorite captain well before the DISCO series was even in the conception stage. I think Mount does him and the series true justice.

But I would also like more schematics now for his Enterprise as well. 😁
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK about a full blown Pike show, but something like a 4-6 episode "limited series" might be interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I would expect it to show up as an Arena reward in a few months. That seems to be what they're doing with former Skirmish ships, which I fully endorse.

Yes I love being able to upgrade my newer ships even if I don't get them complete
    IDK about a full blown Pike show, but something like a 4-6 episode "limited series" might be interesting.

Anything that also has some focus on #1 :D yes please!
  • Options
    It has been confirmed, apparently, that "Star Trek: Destiny" is not the title for the Picard series. CBS registered several series titles, including that one. There is now speculation that it is possibly the planned title for a show with Pike and the Enterprise.