Home The Bridge

First merit pull worth anything

cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
Just got this burning some merits. My 2nd pull tonight. jyqnlsgez9s8.jpg
Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

Comments

• Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    I remember getting him. Unfortunately for me, I picked up Klingon Janeway almost immediately after, and she's basically the exact same crew, but with slightly better stats. I've also got a few other crew vying for the same seats, and poor tuvok just doesn't stand a chance.

Congrats on getting him, he'll definitely be useful for quite a while, seeing as there are only 6 legendary crew in total that can fill a SEC/SCI voyage with a CMD tertiary (and only 16 legendaries with those three skills in any order)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rejak. The time Rejak popped up startled me. Before that, I think I had three 3* drops total.......
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't recovered from the one that netted 3x1* crew. :(
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I got a 4* crew...........once.........
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s definitely a better result than refreshing the Gauntlet 14.5 times. 🖖🏻
    I'd rather have 75 honour than 725 merits. Honour gets me cool stuff. Like slowly crawling my way to that Jury Rigger collection.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Followed your advice, got Zek, already fully fused...
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    Spend your merits. Its not like they're good for anything else.
    m0uk0q0s2l7r.png

Except that refreshing gauntlet can build longer win streaks, netting you more gauntlet crew. For me, knowing I'm chasing a subset of specific crew (locutus, guinan, caretaker, armus) all of which I want (even though I've got 7x armus) is far more desirable than remote chances at a random crew drop.

I'd argue since the changes to increase gauntlet crew drop rates and adding them all to the loot table, makes spending merits in gauntlet a far more viable option than it used to be.
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    m0uk0q0s2l7r.png

Except that refreshing gauntlet can build longer win streaks, netting you more gauntlet crew. For me, knowing I'm chasing a subset of specific crew (locutus, guinan, caretaker, armus) all of which I want (even though I've got 7x armus) is far more desirable than remote chances at a random crew drop.

I'd argue since the changes to increase gauntlet crew drop rates and adding them all to the loot table, makes spending merits in gauntlet a far more viable option than it used to be.

Agreed. I never really got players claiming that they see the Gauntlet as a Merit farm. They must either not care a whole lot about the Gauntlet exclusives, or have exceptional luck. Since the inception of Gauntlet, I've been down a 5-digit amount in Merits and am mildly excited about the number included in the premium Campaigns track.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    m0uk0q0s2l7r.png

Agreed. I never really got players claiming that they see the Gauntlet as a Merit farm. They must either not care a whole lot about the Gauntlet exclusives, or have exceptional luck. Since the inception of Gauntlet, I've been down a 5-digit amount in Merits and am mildly excited about the number included in the premium Campaigns track.

The Gauntlet absolutely is a merit farm. The increasing cost of merits and dil to extend streaks just doesn’t increase the chance of getting the exclusives enough to be worth it for those of us who prefer to convert those merits into honor.

Signed, guy who has gotten one Locutus (plus one from the achievement), two Guinans, three Caretakers (plus two citations), and two Armii and is quite happy with each one.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

The gauntlet is merit-neutral. I do spend merits in the gauntlet but I've generally found the amount I spend is roughly matched by the amount I receive. The only time I'll spend a little more is the last few minutes to get a better placement. I've won Gauntlets without spending anything though.

More importantly I'm not buying merit pulls in the hope of getting random crew. I am merely making a currency exchange. There is no resource in the game that's more valuable than honour. The occasional 4/5* drop is just gravy.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tanked shuttles. 75% of the honor from merit pulls with an insane amount of other goodies (chrons, faction items, components). If you're unlucky like me and have never pulled a merit 5* or one of many bad/old crew that hog a slot, tanked shuttles offer way more value and the net chrons will help you win the event 5* of your choice down the line.

Ran these on a new account and never experienced the trainer hump thanks to the huge number of gold trainers you can get from them.
  • [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    m0uk0q0s2l7r.png

The Gauntlet absolutely is a merit farm. The increasing cost of merits and dil to extend streaks just doesn’t increase the chance of getting the exclusives enough to be worth it for those of us who prefer to convert those merits into honor.

Signed, guy who has gotten one Locutus (plus one from the achievement), two Guinans, three Caretakers (plus two citations), and two Armii and is quite happy with each one.

Good for you. I have almost a similar bottom line, with only about 14.000 Gauntlet rounds on the achievement counter. I hope my trend keeps up, so that I'll have a lot more to show for it, once I can finally claim that Locutus. I've also only ever spent DIL once, in the very early days.

I'm not saying net losing Merits is the "right" way to play to Gauntlet. To each his own. I would guess, for a lot of players, the slimmer chance at a very good crew is a better use of their resources than a still-pretty-slim chance at a draw from the portal pool. Getting a 5* is nice and all, but it might just as well end up to be a Dr. Soong.

Of course, there is the extra Honor, but that is a side effect of Merit-splurging as well. I recently converted 10M credits to Honor via Basic Ten-Pulls.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    m0uk0q0s2l7r.png

Good for you. I have almost a similar bottom line, with only about 14.000 Gauntlet rounds on the achievement counter. I hope my trend keeps up, so that I'll have a lot more to show for it, once I can finally claim that Locutus. I've also only ever spent DIL once, in the very early days.

I'm not saying net losing Merits is the "right" way to play to Gauntlet. To each his own. I would guess, for a lot of players, the slimmer chance at a very good crew is a better use of their resources than a still-pretty-slim chance at a draw from the portal pool. Getting a 5* is nice and all, but it might just as well end up to be a Dr. Soong.

Of course, there is the extra Honor, but that is a side effect of Merit-splurging as well. I recently converted 10M credits to Honor via Basic Ten-Pulls.

Once I stopped power-leveling every crew I could, I discovered that I had a ton of extra credits laying around - going from 20-25 million down to 5 million was long but yielded a surprising chunk of honor and I think that’s also where I got the second star for my The Keeper. Now, I buy them more regularly, never really going higher than 6 million credits and spending back down to 5 million.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a shirt, oh wait, that was dabo.
    Let’s fly!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Me, too!!!! Was your shirt light grey?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Me, too!!!! Was your shirt light grey?
    No mine was blue. But maybe tomorrow I can get a grey shirt. *fingers crossed*
    Let’s fly!
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    First double 4* drop.
    3kil7v14472c.jpg
    Immediately followed by this.
    up5ryxjgcs44.jpg
    Thank you RNG
    vaovl1xw1g3i.jpg
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Not a merit pull but I think this ones worthy of posting I was on the hunt for the red honor and this happened...

1st basic pull...
    tcgtj2658bfo.png

Went with 2nd star on mobile doc

2nd
    fyda03284858.png

Final star on Barak

3rd
    jd3fuh5lfx9x.png

And 2nd star on Cyrus
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got a gold from merits ... Running-From-Bees-Jake. Not complaining, but not dancing on the rooftops either :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • This is the 6th time I got a legendary from merit pulls this year alone. Others were Timicin, undercover Sulu, Maquis Tuvok, Enabran Tain and LaBorge.
    w5yq24lhkf3f.jpg
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    Trading in merits for honor--I really can't complain about this happy little accident.
    2n4zfg7tfvuz.jpg
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my first 5* from a Merit pull yesterday ...

Kai Opaka (new for me)

ugh ... you win some, you lose some.
  • We go from best, to worst... il0hco4u3i36.png
    Most expensive 75 honor
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else been doing these much more often since the campaign started dropping more merits? As soon as i get something from them that isn't just honor, will let you know... :#
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a Gul Madred with one of the extra pulls I got from all this extra merits. Nice to get a 5*, but I wish it was a better 5*.