Home The Bridge
Options

Will there be a new Campaign each month?

Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in The Bridge
Apologies if it’s been mentioned somewhere already.

Personally i’d like to see it. Even if I have the [premium track] legendary crew already immortalised the other rewards make it worth while purchasing still.

Comments

• Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    I’d imagine so. As it’s started with Section 31 I imagine it’ll cycle through the factions? (Although the Ferengi Traditionalist and Hirogen months might not be the biggest money spinners...)
  • Options
    It’ll be interesting to see what legendaries get included.

The first Campaign has a relatively new one and I’m curious to see if they stick with this approach or if they take a different one. They could decide to make it fairly random choice or tend toward old cards.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DB want a new reliable and predictable source of income. So yes, I think this will be monthly.

The only question is whether it will run once a calendar month (12 a year) or once every four weeks (13 a year).
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    They could add a few more tiers and stretch it out to 30 days, but I think it would more difficult to deal with implementing it and troubleshooting issues when it falls in the middle of the weekend every other month. At least now they can come in Thursday morning, fix any issues and do a forced restart before the event starts. That way the player base doesn't lose a lot of time getting rewards and you just need to send 1 day's worth of accolades if players missed their dailies.

The more logical choice would be making a dilithium combo card for 28 days and a separate card either 28 or 30 days (but you can't have both at the same time).
  • Options
    While it makes sense to do it as often as possible for revenue, I could see it being done every other month to provide an extra incentive to keep playing in non-Mega months. In theory, a somewhat disinterested player will be playing during the Mega weeks to at least get a free 4/5. In the alternate months, I would guess the disinterested player might want at least a week off, then might see a Rerun of an event he/she doesn't want to play, and so on, perhaps eventually making it less likely to come back for Mega months. Starting it in the last week of the Mega potentially means those players only taking a week off (and even then, with the new reward structure, the ranked reward for the last event before the Mega will be featured crew during Week 1, so they might "have" to play that one even if the Campaign just ended) instead of potentially a month.

Plus, if the Campaign is essentially every day (with only a few days off in between), it might seem really grindy for the somewhat disinterested player (as opposed to people, like me, who already do the Dailies every day and would just be getting free stuff for doing what we already do plus the option to pay $10 for more stuff). Finally, regardless of the value, the potential extra $10 per month (obviously completely optional, but if they so choose) might make some people reconsider their spending at all.
  • Options
    While it makes sense to do it as often as possible for revenue, I could see it being done every other month to provide an extra incentive to keep playing in non-Mega months. In theory, a somewhat disinterested player will be playing during the Mega weeks to at least get a free 4/5. In the alternate months, I would guess the disinterested player might want at least a week off, then might see a Rerun of an event he/she doesn't want to play, and so on, perhaps eventually making it less likely to come back for Mega months. Starting it in the last week of the Mega potentially means those players only taking a week off (and even then, with the new reward structure, the ranked reward for the last event before the Mega will be featured crew during Week 1, so they might "have" to play that one even if the Campaign just ended) instead of potentially a month.

Plus, if the Campaign is essentially every day (with only a few days off in between), it might seem really grindy for the somewhat disinterested player (as opposed to people, like me, who already do the Dailies every day and would just be getting free stuff for doing what we already do plus the option to pay $10 for more stuff). Finally, regardless of the value, the potential extra $10 per month (obviously completely optional, but if they so choose) might make some people reconsider their spending at all.

It wouldn't be $10 because they have to split that with the vendor and Google/Apple/whoever.

The value of the package for committed players gives DB the potential to earn thousands of extra purchases a month. Perhaps it might give incentive for players that were kind of stuck with their crews and playing STT less often an opportunity to expand more into the legendary crew that eludes most players. If the committed players only buy it one out of every three months it makes their profit margins look a whole lot nicer.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would make one suggestion, if it is planned to be monthly. When this one ends, not start one in the middle of May. Just start the next one 1 June, and start each one the first of the month after that. Just a suggestion.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I would make one suggestion, if it is planned to be monthly. When this one ends, not start one in the middle of May. Just start the next one 1 June, and start each one the first of the month after that. Just a suggestion.

The 4 week cycle allows campaigns to start and finish on specific days every time. Doesn't matter when they start the campaign, it will keep shifting. Just like events always start and end at the same times and dates for ease of game play and planning by DB. Gauntlet is also on a repeating 2 day cycle. I personally don't have an issue with this.
  • Options
    It makes sense to have a "cool-down" time between the campaigns like events. That way any glitches can be fixed and it gives a little break before the next one.
  • Options
    I think there could be coding reasons for why 28 days is better than every month.

Every month has to have consideration for 28, 29, 30 or 31 days.

Since the last tier is so important and some players may like to know what leeway they have on missing a few days, 28 days makes sense to me.

I’m just hoping we can expect a new campaign each month and it’s not just a irregular occurance every so often, or every other month like megaevents are.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there could be coding reasons for why 28 days is better than every month.

Every month has to have consideration for 28, 29, 30 or 31 days.

Since the last tier is so important and some players may like to know what leeway they have on missing a few days, 28 days makes sense to me.

I’m just hoping we can expect a new campaign each month and it’s not just a irregular occurance every so often, or every other month like megaevents are.

Or, they could do a 28 day Campaign starting on the first day of the month. If I said "change the duration", I did not intend to.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like it doesnt start at the beginning of the month. Everything else starts at the beginning of the month so I like something in the middle. We will see when future campaigns start as this one was intentionally started in the middle of the month to coincide with the season 2 finale of Discovery.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I like how easy going it is to complete the daily missions, so I hope that it's every month, whether or not it's in the middle of a month, lol. Much less work than an event, at least for me. :smile:
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Admiral 8Q wrote: »
    It makes sense to have a "cool-down" time between the campaigns like events. That way any glitches can be fixed and it gives a little break before the next one.

Why? Every day with no campaign active is a day we miss out on extra free stuff.

And so far, there aren t any campaign glitches(as far as i am aware of),
    that needs to be fixed. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I hope they keep up the campaigns. Having goodies everyday is an incentive to play and helps during the more monotonous events. I love getting the 10x premium pulls every once and a while and the random burst of merit and honor. I personally find it a nice touch when I just a little more for a citation or getting a merit or more shuttle transmissions.
  • Options
    The value of the package for committed players gives DB the potential to earn thousands of extra purchases a month. Perhaps it might give incentive for players that were kind of stuck with their crews and playing STT less often an opportunity to expand more into the legendary crew that eludes most players. If the committed players only buy it one out of every three months it makes their profit margins look a whole lot nicer.

True. I was close to quitting around the time we got a free Legendary Archer in the mail many months ago. However, it's possible that it might cannibalize some existing purchases (either due to budget or because things like today's 10/$10 or things like Dilithium Overload seem to be a worse value by comparison) rather than mostly being additional revenue DB otherwise wouldn't have gotten.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, it's possible that it might cannibalize some existing purchases rather than mostly being additional revenue DB otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Yes, that is one possibility. But I think with DB taking away the monday offers already the offer structure will get a near complete reworking. So next to the Campain more "valuable" offers could also be on the way...

• Options

True. I was close to quitting around the time we got a free Legendary Archer in the mail many months ago. However, it's possible that it might cannibalize some existing purchases (either due to budget or because things like today's 10/$10 or things like Dilithium Overload seem to be a worse value by comparison) rather than mostly being additional revenue DB otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

I think a lot of players closed up their wallets (with the exception of the dilithium monthly card) due to several bad PR issues on the part of DB in the last little while. This is a way of getting those players back into spending because the campaign monthly card is worth a lot more than any other offer. If they break even on a small portion of their player base that buys offers and have a revenue increase with the majority, it is worth it for them.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I had no plans on spending any money but my $4 monthly card and I paid for the $10 campaign so it is fresh money from me.
    Let’s fly!