Home The Bridge
Options

A Higher Duty, part 3

After 20 months of virtually non-stop voyages, pushing 6 hours at first, now hitting 8 hours all the time with the occasional 10 hour voyage, I FINALLY saw A Higher Duty, Part 3 without extending my voyages.

This adds a 2nd star on Fierce Guinan, only due to the achievement award (who I didn't space).

I ran a 20 hour voyage for the achievement, and occasionally extended voyages because a missed timer on my part, but while finally pulling this off was great...the ultimate reward for this or the Champion of the People are underwhelming.

How many of you have manged to get any of these 4 voyage unique characters from the 3 part dilemmas without extending voyages?

Captain Bubble Bobble

Comments

• Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Not a single one (extensions from accidental voyage death or otherwise).
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I am still waiting on all of the part 3's. I've done a few extensions out to 10-12hrs (plus the 20hr achievement) and have never gotten one. Someday I'll have enough voyage tokens saved up, and then I'll go for the Delta quadrant cruise.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never gotten any of those four no matter how long my voyage goes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I've done 5 20 hour voyages and all kinds of 8 hour and 10 hour, but I've never had any 3 parter.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had one, Ensign Picard, at 8 hours without extending 👍

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I have all dilemma crew except McCoy.

Thor Gor & The Clown were the ones that came out most for me. Jannar a close second/third.

After that, Worf(Before Picard was added) and Lucien.

Before McCoy and Picard were added Guinan was, by far, the hardest. I NEVER got that third dilemma even on voyages where I extended 3+refills.
    I only got her from the achievement award.

I have all of these immortalized except Guinan, BEFORE the update.

SINCE the update, I received my first Picard about a month ago. I run voyages every day.

Also since the update I have not received the Higher Duty part 3 dilemma, therefore I have yet to get a McCoy or another Guinan.

I believe this 3rd dilemma is the hardest to get
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    After 20 months of virtually non-stop voyages, pushing 6 hours at first, now hitting 8 hours all the time with the occasional 10 hour voyage, I FINALLY saw A Higher Duty, Part 3 without extending my voyages.

This adds a 2nd star on Fierce Guinan, only due to the achievement award (who I didn't space).

I ran a 20 hour voyage for the achievement, and occasionally extended voyages because a missed timer on my part, but while finally pulling this off was great...the ultimate reward for this or the Champion of the People are underwhelming.

How many of you have manged to get any of these 4 voyage unique characters from the 3 part dilemmas without extending voyages?

My "December to Remember":

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12344/another-dumb-scott-question-but-it-has-been-a-while#latest

Was back when I had shorter Voyages, before I got better Leveled Crew and better at assigning them.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... that's why my 4* citations from campaigns are going straight to Fierce Guinan ... never have to choose her path and hope to get part 3 again ... never gotten past pt.2.

I don't have any of the other 3-part crew ... even though I've tried numerous times (extended when getting the first two parts in 4 or 6 hrs etc.)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Congratulations. I've done 5 20 hour voyages and all kinds of 8 hour and 10 hour, but I've never had any 3 parter.
    cj26jstasliw.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Got Colonel Worf once a long time ago, but nothing since. A few times I've gotten parts one and two in the first four hours and gotten my hopes up, but nada.
  • Options

Got Colonel Worf once a long time ago, but nothing since. A few times I've gotten parts one and two in the first four hours and gotten my hopes up, but nada.

Yes I think it is designed that way to get people to extend their voyages going for part 3. But even if you do a 20 hr voyage your odds of getting the part 3 are only about 33%
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen the 3rd part of a Dilemma, either, though I still just barely reach 8-hours, and only sometimes. I have immortalized all four of the 2nd tier Voyage crew.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run at least 8 hours every time. I have never naturally made it to 10 but once upon a time did extend with some frequency to hit 10-14 hours (usually through failed voyages due to not paying attention rather than on purpose) and long ago got the 20-hour achievement.

Part 3 has never come up for either set. Part 2s have been exceptionally rare as well, with Champion of the People maybe a dozen times and the other one maybe once. I never expect to see a part 3 and won’t burn up a bunch of dil or tokens extending voyages to chase them. At the rate part 3s show up, I wouldn’t reach for them even if they dropped additional stars on Gary Seven, never mind freezer-bait.
  • Options
    Got the first two in 8 hours, so extended out to 24 - NOPE! Did get 2 4 stars I can add a star onto. At least it didn’t lock up this time.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a part 3 twice in unextended Voyages. One where I got my first (and only so far) Worf, was all three in a row obtaining him on the 6-hour dilemma. This was before the introduction of Ensign Picard, which would make Champion of the People Part 3 a two time only hit.

I have hit A Higher Duty part 3 once in unextended, and 3 other times on extended Voyages)

I extend frequently to 12-16 hours (mostly by accident, but sometimes on purpose.)

I haven't hit the 10 hour naturally yet, but I have hit 9:20-ish many times, and I have had AM gains beyond 10:30, which have helped in the extended Voyages greatly.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, also, am awaiting a part 3. I regularly hit 8 hours... But these last 3 months, I've had little more than a green crew, even at 8 hours.

If I do, miraculously, get a part 3, citations will be the way forward
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Thot Gor's final star eludes me, but the rest I've collected.

I guess my point is that it seems like these cards do not appear to hold much value, otherwise people might push more for them. It is like winning a funny, albeit out of place, price on the Wheel of Fortune. "You've won...FREE BREAD FOR A WEEK".

b2nzik80t5nc.gif
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • Options
    I did a multi day voyage until I would get it, I needed McCoy

I got him at the 58 hour mark.

• Options
    I got this just now:

Two hours: Champion of the People Part One
    Four hours: Profit in the Wind
    Six hours: Champion of the People Part Two

Quite adequately illustrates my often repeated point. Shouldn't be "might lead to".

Part One at two hours should lead to Part Two at four hours should lead to Part Three at six hours.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I got this just now:

Quite adequately illustrates my often repeated point. Shouldn't be "might lead to".

Part One at two hours should lead to Part Two at four hours should lead to Part Three at six hours.

Let us know.

I will say this. Higher Duty 2 and especially 3 have been VERY rare for me.

3 didn't come out until the 58th hour dilemma
  • Options
    I have all Voyage dilemma crew expect Fierce Guinan, Col. Worf, and Ensign Picard. I got Lucien like 3 times but airlocked him, don't care for the card. It's cool when you get one of them. Congrats!
  • Options
    I got this just now:

Let us know.

I will say this. Higher Duty 2 and especially 3 have been VERY rare for me.

3 didn't come out until the 58th hour dilemma

Let you know which? If they act on my suggestion? There should be a Patch Note.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, luck. I have previously suggested in the below discussion that the chances of getting the second and third dilemmas should be improved once you get the first.

As I wrote before, the odds of getting the third part are ridiculously stupid. For one voyage per day, it would take an average of about nine years to get the third part in eight hour voyages. (Slightly less, I did not take into account dilemmas that do no appear until 4 or 6 hours).

Some legendary crew (excluding Gauntlet and Mega event reoccurring) must be more common than the three-dilemma crew.

I have (for now) given up chasing them, it is a waste of dilithium.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13223/petition-increase-the-chances-of-the-three-part-dilemmas/p1
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    No, luck. I have previously suggested in the below discussion that the chances of getting the second and third dilemmas should be improved once you get the first.

As I wrote before, the odds of getting the third part are ridiculously stupid. For one voyage per day, it would take an average of about nine years to get the third part in eight hour voyages. (Slightly less, I did not take into account dilemmas that do no appear until 4 or 6 hours).

Some legendary crew (excluding Gauntlet and Mega event reoccurring) must be more common than the three-dilemma crew.

I have (for now) given up chasing them, it is a waste of dilithium.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13223/petition-increase-the-chances-of-the-three-part-dilemmas/p1

I know a lot of us are collectors at heart, but Yah Ive given up on worrying about dilemma crew, mainly cause they hold little to no value other than saying I collected them, especially for the effort involved. Basically its, if I get them I get them and if I don't so be it.

I definitely wont be wasting honor or citations on them, I have to many others id rather spend it on.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    None...been running 9 or 10 hours for months now.....took the one from achievements and cited & froze...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.