Home Engineering Room
Options

Unable to Extend Voyage Due to Server Error

I have been saving voyage revival tokens ever since they were released so that I could embark on a voyage long enough to guarantee me getting both of the 3 part dilemmas. I finally gathered enough about a week ago, so when I got my strongest skill pairing with a bunch of trait matches, I decided to give it a go. I was very careful to block the 2nd half to the 2 part missions that I didn't need, so the maximum possible voyage length was 66 hours.

At 64 hours, I had gotten all of the dilemmas except for "A Higher Duty, Part 3". My voyage ran out of antimatter at 65h 32m, and I went to revive it so that I could reach that final dilemma and the McCoy that I have wanted for some time.

Unfortunately, when I click the button to revive, it asks me for confirmation that I want to spend a token like it should, but then it just pops with a server error message. I have tried restarting multiple times, using a different internet connection, and even a different device, all to no avail. I cannot think of what else to try to get this thing going again.

Needless to say, this issue is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have been saving towards this thing for some time, and to have it get bugged right before the final dilemma makes it even worse. I have submitted a ticket and I am hoping that CS can fix it, but I am not very confident in that. So if you are considering extending a voyage, you probably want to think twice, as I am not the only one who has had this happen.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry this happened to you and I understand how frustrating this is :(
    While CS will not be able to fix it for you, they will work with you to find an appropriate solution.
  • Options
    It is true that CS was not able to fix it, and despite substantial proof on my part that I would have gotten "A Higher Duty, Part 3" as the next dilemma, they would not give me a Dr. Leonard McCoy. They also would not recall the voyage for me, but rather just abandoned it so I had to ask for some chrons to compensate for the 8 days worth of voyages that I was unable to run normally. I was granted those chrons, but I was told that it was a one time only curtesy. I was however able to get the 25 tokens that I had spent back, so I figured that it wasn't too bad.

Once they abandoned the voyage, I went to send one and saw that it had the same skill combo/traits that the bugged voyage had. So since this week is a skirmish event and I don't really need my top crew, I decided to try again with the tokens that were returned.

Earlier this evening I reached the 28 hour mark on this attempt. I went to do the dilemma, but it refused to come up. The voyage is just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. I have once more tried multiple restarts, clearing the cache, and even trying on three different devices. The results have been the same in every instance, it still remains stuck.

I am really not looking forward to another fight with CS about getting my tokens back and whatever compensation for the time. The worst part is that I don't really want my stuff back or compensation, but rather I really just want the dumb thing to work like it should. I have all these tokens that I have been saving for more than half a year, but in the end they all appear to be worthless since DB can't make things run as they should. At this point I am beginning to question whether I will ever be able to run a voyage long enough to get the part 3 crew.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    It is true that CS was not able to fix it, and despite substantial proof on my part that I would have gotten "A Higher Duty, Part 3" as the next dilemma, they would not give me a Dr. Leonard McCoy. They also would not recall the voyage for me, but rather just abandoned it so I had to ask for some chrons to compensate for the 8 days worth of voyages that I was unable to run normally. I was granted those chrons, but I was told that it was a one time only curtesy. I was however able to get the 25 tokens that I had spent back, so I figured that it wasn't too bad.

Once they abandoned the voyage, I went to send one and saw that it had the same skill combo/traits that the bugged voyage had. So since this week is a skirmish event and I don't really need my top crew, I decided to try again with the tokens that were returned.

Earlier this evening I reached the 28 hour mark on this attempt. I went to do the dilemma, but it refused to come up. The voyage is just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. I have once more tried multiple restarts, clearing the cache, and even trying on three different devices. The results have been the same in every instance, it still remains stuck.

I am really not looking forward to another fight with CS about getting my tokens back and whatever compensation for the time. The worst part is that I don't really want my stuff back or compensation, but rather I really just want the dumb thing to work like it should. I have all these tokens that I have been saving for more than half a year, but in the end they all appear to be worthless since DB can't make things run as they should. At this point I am beginning to question whether I will ever be able to run a voyage long enough to get the part 3 crew.

I appreciate where you’re coming from. You’re being careful with your resources (tokens) and feel when you try to maximise on it in a considered approach, it falls flat.

I would say though, many players have given up on expecting fair results from voyages. There have been bugs since day 2 regarding long voyage attempts. The biggest issue is that any dilemma you hit, if you happen to be boarderline on AM, you might see 0-60AM left, but the dilemma crashes out and the only way out is a recall. That’s just one example.

So while I totally feel your plight, there are plenty of players like myself that have learned to give up/not even try, due to these types of bugs.

TLDR - In conclusion - your complaints are perfectly valid, but nothing new. There are too many bugs with voyages that DB can’t fix.
  • Options
    MagpieMagpie ✭✭✭
    @Shan
    There are not a lot of undiscovered territories left for advanced players in the game. If you can imagine the planning that went into attempting those voyages (more than half a year) you might imagine the angst that came along with being blocked from reaching that goal by those bugs.

Fair enough, there are bugs. But I wish you could ask CS to consider recognizing well-thought out requests for compensation. Sometimes those words "as a one-time courtesy" rubs salt in the wounds when a player has already asked for the minimum reparation. It already takes so much time to work out what the mishap really cost you, try to explain it to CS, and then wait for their requests for more information etc..

I am fine, personally, with the fact that the game does not always run smoothly as long as the developers are trying to fix that. I think there have been great improvements! I'm also generally very happy with CS and their attempts to make it right. I think that sometimes, however, they need some help from someone more embedded in the game to understand the implications of compensation decisions. Specially when people are excited to try something new because they are at that stage of game-play. Please look at this issue for this player, specially if this player is going through the whole request a second time. Thanks for listening to this request.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen to me on April 13, submitted a ticket that took 11 days to resolve and did not resolve in getting appropriate compensation.

4 days ago I set out on another long voyage to get both of the 3 part voyage crew and again I cannot revive my voyage.

This is simply not acceptable. I have saved tokens for months to ensure that I can get these crew. I understand the progression of dilemmas and I have gone 69 hours to get to the point where I can get a Colonel Worf. I am going to submit a ticket, but @Shan I may need your help to get a just result, because CS is not helping appropriately and understanding the problem.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bring your concerns up. I am sorry and I understand that it is frustrating especially due to the length of the Voyage involved.