Home The Bridge
Options

How can such high scores be obtained in events

Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in The Bridge
Title edited.~Shan

Many members of my fleet are incredulous that it is possible for anyone to acquire 13 million points by midday Sunday without cheating, especially when that score is about 7 million points higher than the player in second place and has not changed since that time.

The amount of time that one would have to spend completing supply missions is mind boggling and bordering on impossible. It's got a lot of my fleetmates grumbling about DB's commitment to keeping the game fair to everyone playing.

I am just passing along the concerns that have been expressed by multiple members of my fleet who have expressed their frustration and irritation over this and not accusing anyone specifically of anything.

Comments

• Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As I said I am raising a question. Nobody in my fleet thinks it could be done without cheating. It's not wrong to ask a question about something that appears to be impossible.

What they really find questionable is scoring exactly 13 million points.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally get being able to score 13 million, paladin is a monster probably mindlessly clucking while playing poker all weekend. My question is how did he figure out what to score to put up EXACTLY 13?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicole K wrote: »
    Many members of my fleet are incredulous that it is possible for anyone to acquire 13 million points by midday Sunday without cheating, especially when that score is about 7 million points higher than the player in second place and has not changed since that time.

The amount of time that one would have to spend completing supply missions is mind boggling and bordering on impossible. It's got a lot of my fleetmates grumbling about DB's commitment to keeping the game fair to everyone playing.

I am just passing along the concerns that have been expressed by multiple members of my fleet who have expressed their frustration and irritation over this and not accusing anyone specifically of anything.

I don't know about you, but your very first sentence posits pretty clearly that members of your fleet feel that one must cheat to score 13 million points by Sunday, later you state that is virtually impossible to do that within the confines of normal play, and you conclude by suggesting the DB is somehow allowing this nefarious behavior to take place.

You then say you are not accusing anyone of cheating. This is like inviting yourself over to someone's house and then saying you didn't invite yourself over to their house.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    Well to those of us who don't regularly post in the forums, it looks like something questionable. I don't know who anyone is and am not saying it is impossible. It just appears that way, so much so that multiple people in my fleet are upset about it and don't believe it is legit.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is what we think.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    I totally get being able to score 13 million, paladin is a monster probably mindlessly clucking while playing poker all weekend. My question is how did he figure out what to score to put up EXACTLY 13?

Something like that has been done before as well, I believe is was in faction event no less so he had to fail bunch of shuttles on purpose etc to reach nice even score. (not 13m but something silly high)

It's just math, yo.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin was also in Discord yesterday and he mentioned he was about to turn in his super rares. This wasn’t unexpected.
  • Options
    As I said I am raising a question. Nobody in my fleet thinks it could be done without cheati
    ng. It's not wrong to ask a question about something that appears to be impossible.

What they really find questionable is scoring exactly 13 million points.

If you go back and reread your original post you’ll notice there aren’t any question marks. You made statements that insinuated something sinister was happening. Instead maybe ask “wow, how did someone get that many vps?”.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    I said we don't believe it is possible. That's because we don't. I don't use discord. Don't care about who anyone is. We just simply don't believe it.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, I raised a question. I really don't care what anyone other than DB thinks about it. This is why I hate this forum. The groupthink and over sensitivity is really just beyond annoying.

Out of curiosity, what exactly did you find offensive about kapu's and my initial replies? kapu simply stated that Paladin is legendary for pulling off bonkers event scores, and I suggested that a better approach to your inquiry would be to ask how a score that high is possible rather than outright suggesting it must have been achieved via cheating. At that point you had all the information you needed and even some helpful advice for forum etiquette.

With the idea of further helpful information, if you make a habit of saying something directly and then qualifying it in the negative (for example: "That hat makes you look ugly. No offense!") people are going to call you on that, not just on this forum, but everywhere. The same reaction can be expected by making accusations and then hiding behind the banner of a group to which you belong, that is a pretty classic deflection technique and you should expect to be challenged for such a tactic everywhere ,not just on this forum.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    Fair enough if you spent 43 hours doing nothing but playing this game this weekend then good for you. Seems like a crazy waste of time and money, but to each his own. Hope it was satisfying for you.
  • Options
    It also would have been helpful to have the subject of the post a little less inflammatory. You accused someone of cheating, made statements, didn’t ask any questions.
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    Like I said don't care about what forum people think about what I wrote. I meant exactly what I said as I wrote it. I didn't realize that someone would spend 43 hours doing nothing but playing this game. Curious about how you can do it without running out of chrons, but I will accept it is possible. Done with this and will go back to not paying attention to this forum and be happier for it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am the guy in second place. I will say that I was in it to win it and it was frustrating to put in as much time as I did and not win. I put what most people would consider an insane amount of time tapping. Saturday was off limits. Had the family over for Easter. The wife thteatenrd some things if she caught me on my phone. If all ends how I think it will this will be the 8th time I finished in the top 5 (I did get first place once so game goal achieved) every one of those finishes I put an insane amount of time and resources into the event but found that someone out there was even more insane than I. Nothing would burn me more to find out I lost out to cheaters but until that is proven all I can do is get used to playing second fiddle to others extreme dedication.
  • Options
    Like I said don't care about what forum people think about what I wrote. I meant exactly what I said as I wrote it. I didn't realize that someone would spend 43 hours doing nothing but playing this game. Curious about how you can do it without running out of chrons, but I will accept it is possible. Done with this and will go back to not paying attention to this forum and be happier for it.

You have your answer. You can choose to accept it or not. I can tell you that for any sufficiently advanced player of this game, acquisition and accrual of chronitons is no issue whatsoever if the player chooses to do so. There have been multiple screenshots of players posted here with chronitons in excess of 180,000, and I'm sure there are some higher than that that choose not to share.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, I'm feeling very refreshed and ready for work this morning, since I was able to get a full night sleep and not worry about the event, since I was finished by mid-day yesterday.

As far as hourly scoring rates, I believe while I was playing over the first ~75 hours I could do about ~150-175 mission turn-ins per hour maximum (you can do just over 4 a minute with a good device/internet). With rares that is 270k-315k per hour. At 300k an hour 13 million would take about 43 hours of play. I don't have the exact breakdown, I'm sure there is someone who can run a chart of my score over the event and see where I took breaks and slept.

As far as the final event score being exact. Here is how it was done:

isw6sygdetlo.jpg

A think of beauty Paladin, love the additional effort/planning for the round number!
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    My question is how did he figure out what to score to put up EXACTLY 13?

Math

Fair enough if you spent 43 hours doing nothing but playing this game this weekend then good for you. Seems like a crazy waste of time and money, but to each his own. Hope it was satisfying for you.

Good job, you came onto the forums, throwing shade at a player you don't even know, unable to wrap you and your "fleet's" mind around how serious someone can game something if they put their mind to it. Then you throw a hissy fit, claiming you are "done with this" when you started this nonsense in the first place, accusing someone of cheating.
    multiple people in my fleet are upset about it and don't believe it is legit.

Relaxation works, vs hyperventilating over a game .... wooo saaahhh
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    How exactly do you cheat in this game anyway? Now that iampicard is dead you can't get in there and mess with the buggy code to increase your VP (not that that ever worked with galaxy anyway).
This discussion has been closed.