Home The Bridge
Options

Can the H3LLHOUND5 pull off a win in next week's skirmish event?

{DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
So, as some of you may or may not know (most likely not, since Fleet Central is the graveyard of posts on this forum,) I recently started a skirmish "super-fleet" called the H3LLHOUND5, an offshoot of the D3VIL DOG5 fleet family. Our goal is to pack as much skirmish talent as possible into one brand new fleet (currently level 16 starbase) and have everyone go all out in skirmish events while trying to build our starbase in record time. We want to see if we can actually compete with the top fleets in the game. This event will be our very first fleet push in a skirmish event. Just for funsies, do you think the H3LLHOUND5 can actually pull off a win?

Whether you think we can or not, I hope you'll look for us on the leaderboards and wish us luck! And may the Stink be with you!

Can the H3LLHOUND5 pull off a win in next week's skirmish event? 66 votes

Yes, I think the H3LLHOUND5 can win.
9%
AntasilThurthoradDeanWinsBylo BandeXo | QuasimousSnakei406 6 votes
This idea is totally crazy, but I still think the H3LLHOUND5 can win.
7%
[KM]VidemAgge[ISA] Big McLargeHugesagimaeXo | RodenberryPie 5 votes
This idea is so crazy that I want to HELP the H3LLHOUND5 win!
3%
eXo | SilverRose (retired)K Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dtea 2 votes
I like the idea behind it, but I don't think the H3LLHOUND5 can win.
4%
MOZangelesSD÷ Billy Yamato V12 ÷Colonel green 1994 3 votes
No way, Smelly! You're crazy, dude! No way the H3LLHOUND5 can win!
4%
[10F] NewtonianQBalls[GoT] LuckyNumberHat[DC] Picard Loves Reds 3 votes
I'm a party pooper, but I'm thankful Smelly included this option for me to express my disdain for pointless polls like this so I don't have to go through the hassle of typing out how much I disdain pointless polls like this.
13%
uss_bonaventureXanatharSabine of AthensCaptain Durfsexy_ladyMatt_Decker[Deleted User]ZenthaneXguest_706033722634240 9 votes
I like polls.
3%
Jim RaynorKettleKorn 2 votes
I like turtles.
54%
ADM Fletcher [ET]milamber42Zombie Squirrel eXo | das411Neos472Jim SteeleCaptain QCommander Sinclair·§ë· For the ManyHungry Dog DDMeXo | Ramza÷ The Eternal Champion(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]PhotonKim~peregrine~Banjo1012Moogie's Favorite [S47] ELiL(HGH)ApolloOdo Marmarosa 36 votes
Other.
0%

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    I wish you luck, truly. The starbase aspect is the part that is interesting to me, far more than an attempt to win with a brand new fleet. A full fleet with people donating the maximum every day without refreshes is only 35,000 items, meaning you’ll soon be (if not already) at the point where you’ll need to spend dil to continue building one new room per day.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    I voted for turtles. Where I work is swampland. Lots of snapping turtles the size of cars tires just walking around. I rescued four baby ones from being run over so I brought them home and kept them as pets. I must say, you have to clean their tank QUITE often!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    https://youtu.be/Tvu3xiFmfDU
    Turtles rock especially their Happy Together song.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    https://youtu.be/Tvu3xiFmfDU
    Turtles rock especially their Happy Together song.

Wow Apollo, are you trying to romance me? I'm flattered dude, truly! :D

So I'm sure those of you who are better at reading between the lines than others have pieced together that this poll isn't quite as pointless as it might appear on the surface. In fact, it's got 2 points...

1. I think we're doing something cool and ambitious, and I wanted people to know about it. And...
    2. If anybody here is crazy enough to want to help a bunch of crazy people do something crazy (and awesome) then I really want them to know about it. We know we've got our work cut out for us and we won't turn away anyone who could actually help us achieve our goal.

Finding out so many of you have such a passionate interest in turtles was an enlightening bonus. For those who thought there was no point to this- hahahaha! Smelly fooled ya!

P.S. If the H3LLHOUND5 do actually pull this off, I expect to be included in the next forum captains word search, @ByloBand !
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    I wish you luck, truly. The starbase aspect is the part that is interesting to me, far more than an attempt to win with a brand new fleet. A full fleet with people donating the maximum every day without refreshes is only 35,000 items, meaning you’ll soon be (if not already) at the point where you’ll need to spend dil to continue building one new room per day.

Interesting analysis. Maybe I should've clarified that better. I didn't mean build it as quickly as the game allows, just faster than most fleets can normally build them. With a fleet full of skirmish champs, we should hopefully (fingers crossed!) not have the same holoemitter bottleneck that most fleets face, or at least to much lesser degree. Thanks for wishing us luck Dirk! Believe it or not, I do appreciate that!
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without knowing who all is in your fleet or how many members you have it was tough to guess, but sure, I don't see why not, unless this post gets used by a fleet full of whales as 'bulletin board material'. but my assumption is you would not have issued such a public challenge if you weren't at least moderately confident you could pull it off.
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    pw97acd2mspj.jpg

Yes! Exactly! Where is everyone's sense of adventure?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    I thought the point of this post was to challenge the stt community. Announce yourself and throw the challenge out there. Test your skirmish fleet against others.
    q8f7saeltkpf.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I wish you luck, keep us posted
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. What's been your criteria in assembling a team and how many members have you managed to gather?
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    No way, Smelly! You're crazy, dude! No way the H3LLHOUND5 can win!
    I'll be contrarian. >:)
    I wish you luck and would wave at you as you pass me by, but if you intend to win this thing, you had better have more points before I start than I will earn the entire event!
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Not really much strategy behind skirmishes, once your able to beat it.

So can you win, individually or as a fleet/group? Sure, thou its really all about the chrons.

Got people with chrons, you got a shot;)
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    You can probably win, but turtles.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Interesting idea. What's been your criteria in assembling a team and how many members have you managed to gather?

We've got 36 right now. Since we're an offshoot of the D3VIL DOG5, we're getting reinforcements from our other 2 fleets before the event. I would love to tell you all 36 of our players are skirmish champions that will rank 1-36, but I'd be lying. That was never really the plan anyway. It was more about just having all our players do their best and to try to win as a team. Skirmishes are the only events we expect all our players to go all out on. Other event types are completely optional. We just look for people that like skirmishes, and want to do better in them, and then we try to help them do better.

Starting out was rough. It's hard to convince people to join an empty fleet, even if you do have a great plan. So I had to take whoever I could get, just to get people donating and make the fleet more attractive to the kind of skirmish players we're looking for. We've got a fairly solid start but we definitely have room for improvement. I nearly thew in the towel the day a level 9 captain I was trying to recruit asked me "What level is your starbase?" I'm glad I didn't now, as we've come a long way in a very short time.

But as far as our IDEAL criteria goes, we'd prefer players with at least one maxed out 5* ship and a usable core skirmish crew, even if it's not the greatest crew in the game- that can always be improved over time. We don't expect people to spend money, although we would prefer they are at least VIP 3 (warp 10 capable) even if they never plan to spend another penny, and have 4 shuttles, just to help get all our starbase faction missions done everyday. And probably the most important thing we look for are people who understand the importance of working together to achieve a common goal. After 2 years in the D3VIL DOG5, I really can't stress the importance of teamwork enough. It can literally make or break a fleet. The D3VIL DOG5 have been as successful as they are because they're so good at working together, like a well oiled machine. Everybody has a job to do and everybody does it. So I'm just trying to get all our players to see what they can accomplish by working together and hopefully instill that same kind of discipline in them.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    Turtles on the half shell, TURTLE POWER.
  • Options
    This idea is so crazy that I want to HELP the H3LLHOUND5 win!
    I love nothing more in life than cheering on an underdog -- pun absolutely intended. Go get 'em, Hounds! Make sure you have lots of sugary candy and soda on standby.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    I love nothing more in life than cheering on an underdog -- pun absolutely intended. Go get 'em, Hounds! Make sure you have lots of sugary candy and soda on standby.

And that's why you're one of my favorite forum people! Thank's SR!
  • Options
    This idea is totally crazy, but I still think the H3LLHOUND5 can win.
    tumblr_mpfek1S41G1rpf2e8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Faction events squad leaders get to share a crew for the squad to use. For skirmish events, I wish I could share myself to help you guys score, as I enjoy skirmishes a lot (not 100% but I think I've gone over 1,000,000 the last 2 skirmishes).
  • Options
    I like the idea behind it, but I don't think the H3LLHOUND5 can win.
    On behalf of PFV (Ponn Farr Vulcans) I wish you every sucess in your endevour. [PFV] Billy Species 3259.
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    Thank you to everyone wishing us luck. We'll take all the luck we can get. We're gonna do our best and have as much fun as possible in the process. Our reinforcements have taken this opportunity to play "Halloween" with their names and avatars for the event, and some of the names they've chosen are hilarious. I hope you don't have to look too hard to spot them. However things turn out, on behalf of the H3LLHOUND5, we wish you all luck too. May the stink be with you!
  • Options
    MRNelsonMRNelson ✭✭✭
    Building a new super active fleet is an interesting idea - if you can depend on the consistent actions of the membership, you might have a chance to compete, but they will also need to have a large and mature crew. If you have that, it might work.

BUT, I think the real question is, can you depend on the membership to refrain from donating to the Reclamation Units until the rest of the Starbase is constructed? I've seen fleets with mostly good active adult players, and even though it is constantly mentioned in Chat and our own Discord room, someone STILL ends up donating to them before the other rooms.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    I hope someone is using Chief Kamanawanalea for a Halloween name. :) (I had to look up the spelling.)

Good luck out there.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    @{DD} Smelly What is your fleet's goal for this skirmish? I know you want to win, but quantifiably what rank are you shooting for?
  • Options
    I like turtles.
    ByloBand wrote: »
    @{DD} Smelly What is your fleet's goal for this skirmish? I know you want to win, but quantifiably what rank are you shooting for?

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, I'd like to propose a deal. If your new fleet finishes ranked 1st place, I'll do another puzzle using the names of everyone in your fleet.
  • Options
    I like turtles.

OK, I'd like to propose a deal. If your new fleet finishes ranked 1st place, I'll do another puzzle using the names of everyone in your fleet.

Dude, that would be AWESOME!
  • Options

Out of curiosity, what rank is your Fleet at the moment?
  • Options
    I like turtles.

Out of curiosity, what rank is your Fleet at the moment?

7th