Home Make It So!

Shan, Possible Fix for Unneeded Items from Campaigns Chests

[10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in Make It So!
How about we get to pick what option we want to get from the chests. We already have something similar in place for skirmishes where we can choose to take a reward or to fix the ships hull.

Have one option be to open the chest and the other could be credits or some other item that older players that already have most or all crew fully fused to take that can still be just as useful. We all know the 1000 inventory items is still very much an issue, and having a choice of something that won't add unwanted items to the inventory would be a much better reward for many of us.

Comments

• [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    As you can see, I don't have much of any crew to work on and the second picture shows the items I earned tonight from the chests after paying for the Premium Track. None of them were useful for the few crew that I have that needs to be equipped. Most are even for crew that I already have fully equipped already and now need to be tossed into the replicator. I find these chests annoying to open, and even stated in my reply in the survey I filled out after the beta that I think they don't really belong in the Premium Track. But, if they are going to stay, it would be great to have the option to choose something else instead.

aelo6epq1avh.png
    l61e157p6bgr.jpeg

• I would prefer this to the seemingly random items I've received so far.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a behold for items with the chance to convert them to credits if you don't need it?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or even just a way to get rid of items other than the replicator.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no crew to level anymore, but those items are replicator fuel. I would just say to keep it random. As new crew come out, some of it might be useful, then again, maybe not...but it’s a chance based game.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Wouldnt it just be simple if the crates contained items for the crew card being offered in that campaign? And more generalized i opened a 4* sci project which could easily be used for either spock but was usefull for another crew. Since i dont need it for spock. I dont have many crew under lvl 100.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I hardly ever get useless junk from Campaign boxes or Dabo but I realized that if I do it is almost always for crew on the reenlistment page. Please take these out of scope - if I wanted to equip them I would not have airlocked them, right?

I agree about the Dabo wheel prizes. Every single day it gives me junk for characters still sitting in the reenlistment section. Its frustrating.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace crates or replicator rations with schematics for a ship of the month. Newer schematics would be awesome!
  • It’s a gamble on what you get. A gamble is not a guarantee. And honestly, is it really that frustrating? At best, you get something for a card you have. At worst, you get items to toss in the replicator towards a card you have.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I hardly ever get useless junk from Campaign boxes or Dabo but I realized that if I do it is almost always for crew on the reenlistment page. Please take these out of scope - if I wanted to equip them I would not have airlocked them, right?

I overthought this and realized that by airlocking most of your crew and reenlisting them later on you could quite manage your prizes. To overcome this an "instantly remove button" on the reenlistment page would be the better alternative to my initial suggestion.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.