Home Engineering Room
Options

Battle pop up blocking view

Does this bother anyone else? It happens in arena and during skirmish. Half the time in arena i cant see which ship blew up mine or opponent. I know there are progress lines at the top and bottom but to try to watch both, and ships, and trigger when ready it just too much. I would rather just see my ship.
lbedyrjifyro.png
cfm141ycc8c2.png
65baxm25wj4z.png
chimm3bjdkdu.png
4utgu0s1fz6e.png
mxsiflcfcyak.png
1bowkhqg4nmo.png
fjxrp3qqcbxb.png
2b7z9eu9y3b0.png
tb0zaucxt8pu.png
b3iijtizwunv.png
g4j523q4bjn9.png
see which ship is blown up. Mine or the opponent?

Comments

• Options
    it has been happening since i started playing almost 3 years ago, it really is annoying but it doesnt influence the outcome of a battle
  • Options
    I play on android and i get the same thing every now and then.
    I just long tap one of the inactive mods for like half a second and when i take my finger off it will go away.
  • Options
    SJH wrote: »
    I just long tap one of the inactive mods for like half a second and when i take my finger off it will go away.

Im on ios and it will not go away. Just like this example that wont go away. Completely overlays the rest of the drops.

eyj5xjgw8mco.jpeg
    ujsup1pjqni3.png
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    SJH wrote: »

Im on ios and it will not go away. Just like this example that wont go away. Completely overlays the rest of the drops.

eyj5xjgw8mco.jpeg
    ujsup1pjqni3.png

Now that is a new one. Having the info graphic pop up during battles is one thing, having it as a permanent feature is something else. [obligatory query if you have tried turning it off and back on again]
  • Options
    MirrorVerse JcMirrorVerse Jc ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thats funny. “Thats a new one”. Happens every time to me. Since that feature of clicking on beholds for info was added. I log on and off of my game aprox every 60-90 min every day. I nvr leave it running. I am just so used to all of the old glitches, malfunctions that i just accept it as part of the game. But more recently have taken to the forums and seeing what others are saying then adding my own experiences.
    Contacting C/S usually results in the standard...”will forward to tech devision, sorry we have no control over technical difficulties.” Or being questioned about if my device, stt app are currently updated, and/or if i have tried logging out and restarting.
    And specifically on a behold, yes did log out then back in and i ended up with the one under the info screen even though i did not choose it.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats funny. “Thats a new one”. Happens every time to me. Since that feature of clicking on beholds for info was added. I log on and off of my game aprox every 60-90 min every day. I nvr leave it running. I am just so used to all of the old glitches, malfunctions that i just accept it as part of the game. But more recently have taken to the forums and seeing what others are saying then adding my own experiences.
    Contacting C/S usually results in the standard...”will forward to tech devision, sorry we have no control over technical difficulties.” Or being questioned about if my device, stt app are currently updated, and/or if i have tried logging out and restarting.
    And specifically on a behold, yes did log out then back in and i ended up with the one under the info screen even though i did not choose it.

Wow. I imagine you're pretty tired of seeing “sorry, we couldn’t replicate your error and therefore can’t do anything to fix it” messages...assuming you get them in the first place, that is. I commend your ability to power through all of that, I can’t say for certain that I would be so patient.
  • Options
    Got a new one during skirmish, 4.5 hrs too early, which i have to click away, since the battle moves on

bnhpqb6zhrra.jpg
  • Options
    Hey. I got that one too. But not new for me.

ya3lp9mzswsk.png
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this bother anyone else? It happens in arena and during skirmish. Half the time in arena i cant see which ship blew up mine or opponent. I know there are progress lines at the top and bottom but to try to watch both, and ships, and trigger when ready it just too much. I would rather just see my ship.

This happens when, in the ship battle immediately preceding that one, you engaged a ship ability or a crew ability at the exact moment of the end of the battle. I've tested that numerous times, and that's definitely what causes it. As far as I know, DB is well aware of it (it's been brought up several times here). Usually you can dismiss it by hovering over (on a computer) or tapping on (on mobile device) the crew or ship ability in question, but occasionally (as others have noted) that doesn't always work.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    There are 3 distinct bugs at play here, all of which have been reported to DB before as far as I’m aware. I get bored talking about them, here and in the community, but that’s a reflection on DB not the players that stumble across the issues.

1- In arena/skirmish battles you sometimes get a crew person’s ship battles stuck on screen. Happens when you tried to use them on a previous battle. Holding down any ability for half a second makes it go away.

2- Crew stats on a behold getting stuck on screen. I’m less certain of the reasons behind this, but I have seen and heard of it half a dozen times before. You can still see the crew choices and switch apps to consult the wiki, so I don’t see the big issue. That being said, for sure it’s still a bug.

3- in skirmishes, the event phase complete error happens if you tap too many times (ie more than once) on the start Skirmish/battle button. Some sort of bug with network timeouts in game, though ultimately it’s not an issue as you can try again/force reboot if needed.
  • Options
    At least it no longer gets larger with each subsequent battle, that was a PITA!

As for the original post: yep, still happens to me and I agree with @Data1001 as to the root cause.