Home Ready Room

Meh Begold Thoughts

Yay! A begold! Oh...

urnrhql6crfc.png

Janeway and Garrett are ok. Janeway probably has more future event utility.

I’m almost leaning Vreenak just because of “it’s a faaaaaaaaaaake”

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go Janeway for usefulness in future events or perhaps Garrett for liking a character.
  • Month of Hell will probably make use of Janeway. Depending your roster, you could take her. Otherwise, Vreenak seems fun.
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @unkieb looks like it’ll be Janeway. Was trying to avoid it but I do want utility.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janeway won't be that useful in events, her base scores are really quite poor ... I have her 2/5 and never use her in a Janeway event ... she's also not that great for voyages, but I have used her as second tier crew ... she only reaches potential at 4/5 and up ... I actually thought about adding citations to her a while back just to get more use out of her ... but decided to pick her in each behold she features in from now on.
    e.g. SCI base is 394 at 1/5 but 842 at 5/5 ... that is a massive jump, a greater percentage than most crew have (i.e. more than doubled for a secondary skill).

I recently took Garrett and do not regret it ... I only had 2 CMD/DIP/SCI 5*s and depending on the event I can struggle with CMD/SCI for voyages, so she's been out on 8 hr voyages already.

The utility pick was probably Garrett ... remember, in the above handy overview you are comparing 5/5 stats ... it'll take a long time to get there.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is a particularly meh behold to be honest.

Two fairly decent and rare voyage skill sets

Janeway SEC SCI
    and
    Garrett CMD SCI

I too would probably pick Garrett as SEC and SCI is a bit better now that I have Gladiator Spock, Maquis Tuvok and Species 8472.

But CMD SCI - there is a lot with tertiary CMD or SCI, my best primary options would be Captain Scott or Assimilated Janeway.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never bothered to level my Garrett; even though it is one of my weaker overall skill pairings, Surak and Yarnek at 5/5* and additional help from the likes of my 1/5* Captain Spock, 5/5* Klingon Janeway, 5/5* Mirror Picard, and even my 4/4* Commander Thelin have kept Garrett from being necessary. There just simply are others far more worthy of citations at this time.

I have been sad at how little Vreenak has been useful. Early on he went on a voyage here and there but there are better DIP/COM options. He’s purely a personal choice unless you are badly starved for diplomats.

Janeway’s most marketable attribute at lower fusion levels is as UnkieB says: a super-fast evasion skill for ship battles. Very few crew have activation times under 4 seconds and Admiral Janeway is one of them.
  • Vreenak for all the IT'S A FAAAAAAAKEs.